Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

tier 1 = 20 bosses tier 2 = 9 bosses so far but why?

Im personally suprised they're choosing to go with less bosses than nighthold but why? tier 3 = 8 bosses? kappa

also just thinking about it, if we're getting 2 tiers in less than a year and blizz want to go back to 2 year xpac cycles what are we actually getting in the year or so time span?

we're playing tier 1 nighthold,

we're playing tier 2 tomb in about 3-5 months

7.3 is unknown other than new argus place.

even if tomb is 5 months away legion would be 9 months old by then
    Last edited by mmoc0e3e295a69; 2017-01-20 at 06:23 AM.

More bosses in a tier doesn't equate more quality or even a more engaging experience. Plus this bullshit logic completely disregards the 10 bosses in EN/ToV which are essentially still part of the same "tier" despite not dropping any tier gear.

Regardless, I'd much rather have 8-10 well designed boss encounters per tier than 45 awful fucking Patchwerk copypastas but if the community had a choice they'd probably choose the latter and still fucking bitch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    More bosses doesn't equate more quality or even a more engaging experience. Plus this bullshit logic completely disregards the 10 bosses in EN/ToV which are essentially still part of the same "tier" despite not dropping any tier gear.
    well...

tier 1 = molten core
    tier 2 = blackwing lair/onyxia/molten core (ragnaros)

Its literally always been like this and I bet they probably have data by now that says an 8/9 boss raid tier is better than 12/13/20.

Seriously every raid with that many bosses with the exception of maybe Ulduar and ToT had half of them be garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    well...

tier 1 = molten core
    tier 2 = blackwing lair/onyxia/molten core (ragnaros)
    ...and? WoW's earliest raid encounters are perfect examples of quantity over complexity. In fact, the entirety of MC has less mechanics across all of its bosses than single Mythic encounters designed today. There's something to be said about whether that's a good thing but I'm personally glad Blizzard decided to focus on the quality of their encounters over the quantity.

maybe becuase EN/TOV was basically tier .5

also 7.2 litterally just announced and we have very little info on it. very well could be 20 bosses before 7.3

I like it. Less bosses, but shorter tiers. Let it be 6-9 bosses every 4-6 months instead of 12-20 but once per 12-16 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    Im personally suprised they're choosing to go with less bosses than nighthold but why? tier 3 = 8 bosses? kappa

also just thinking about it, if we're getting 2 tiers in less than a year and blizz want to go back to 2 year xpac cycles what are we actually getting in the year or so time span?

we're playing tier 1 nighthold,

we're playing tier 2 tomb in about 3-5 months

7.3 is unknown other than new argus place.

even if tomb is 5 months away legion would be 9 months old by then
    blizzard already said it multiple times - what players consider as tiers and how they see raids are totaly different things - while many here will fight to the death about how nighthold is part of first tier blizzard see it as raid nr 3 and nothing more nothing less. tier is artificial concept created by players.

10+ Year Old Account
    despite what blizzard says, let's be real: they're all part of the same tier. they're trying to change up something that has always been a thing and it's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

it's simple:
    t1 is EN 7 bosses
    t1.5 is ToV 3 bosses
    t2 is NH 10 bosses
    t3 is ToS 9 bosses

there is simple definition of tier - if after release of new raid instance 95% of players never go previous raid instance for loot then it's new tier... it's simple as that...
    Last edited by ztn; 2017-01-20 at 09:46 AM.

Tiers are dead. Blizzard have dropped the concept. There are just "raids" now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 1 will likely last 9-10 months, tier 2 will likely be 5 month give or take. On a boss per time basis, they'll be equal.

A fairer comparison would be:

Tier 1a: 10 bosses
    Tier 1b: 10
    Tier 2: 9

Deleted
    An expansion comes out, a raid comes out, either :
    Raid contains no tier set, raid is then part of the first Tier.
    Raid contains part of a tier set, shared with another raid, raid is then part of the first Tier.
    Raid contains the last part of/the full tier set, raid is then part of the first Tier.
    The Entirety of the first Tier Set has dropped, the first raid Tier is over, the next raid to come will be part of the next tier, priority goes back to second line with "first" becoming "second", etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    despite what blizzard says, let's be real: they're all part of the same tier. they're trying to change up something that has always been a thing and it's dumb.
    my guild handles them that way as well. new raidcontent/new race? new tier! i love the way theyre handling raids this expansion. new progression/variety every couple of months? hell ya. hope they keep it up.
    guess its a matter how you weight item sets vs progression.

anyways im really happy how blizz handles raids in legion. big raid + small raid(s) keeps the game more alive than huge raid + huge down time between tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I fully expect a second raid to join ToS in 7.2.5 with 2-4 more bosses tbh
    I fear either this will happen and we will have very short Argus experience or the expansion will be 2 years long. I personally have no problem how long an expansion is as long as there is quality. People keep pushing the idea of 1 expansion per year, but the problem is not having content, not expansions length.

Deleted
    We had 7(10) bosses pre-T19, then a 10 boss Tier 19, and then we'll have T20.

10 or 12 bosses is pretty standard nowadays. Naxx was pretty long with 16 bosses (too long, imho), but if you count the way you did then Naxx + Sarth + malygos + Archavon were also 19 bosses.

We have also had Tiers that split T-tokens over multiple raids. Tier 6 drops from MH, BT and Sunwell, making for 4 + 9 + 6 = 19 bosses for that tier as well.

Honestly, i think its refreshing that we got a raid without a tier set first. Always getting teh tier set directly had gotten stale. I'm looking forward to finally getting the set, something that has not happened in a long time (you kind always just "got it").

Please stop with this Tier1/2/3 nonsense. Those are time long gone. Current tier is T19.

Deleted
    Current raids aren't arranged in a typical tier pattern. Technically everything up and including Nighthold is tier 19 (T1 Legion) and only Nighthold holds real tier sets.

But is t19 everything? Once NH is open players won't really go back to EN or TOV? EN is pretty much old tier raid now, like Highmaul was after BRF release. No one goes there outside of very specific reasons (such as transmog or achievements).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I fear either this will happen and we will have very short Argus experience or the expansion will be 2 years long. I personally have no problem how long an expansion is as long as there is quality. People keep pushing the idea of 1 expansion per year, but the problem is not having content, not expansions length.
    Blizz said at blizzcon they ont try to make yearly expansions again, they said they tried with wod but failed since it ended up lasting 2 years anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

And while the first "tier" may have had 20 bosses, they treated it like 2 tiers. EN + ToV lasted 4 months and Nighthold will probably last another 5.
    With 7.2 releasing 3 months into Nighthold, which will make players more powerful so the raid will be doable on mythic for less hardcore guilds who dont have all traits + bis legendaries. (7.2 will add new AK and traits, making players more powerful)

10+ Year Old Account
    9 raid bosses and a new dungeon sounds like plenty for me. If they had us raiding just 9 bosses for 12 months then it's time to complain again but so far there is no signs of the steady stream of content slowing. They're doing a good job on content delivery so far.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Don't be surprised if we get a ToV type raid to lead us into Argus during the ToS tier.