Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Played once again arena after months...it used to be somehow fun, but the more cards we have to pick from, the stupider it gets. That game mode is just garbage.
    While arena is still tough. It's better then standard/wild. Always will be. The decks change at least. You can play priest more efficiently in arena now and warrior got better as well. Shaman can be tough with a good card draw but hunter just plain sucks. Mage/pally/rogue still top the list though. Paladin I think is tops these days because of all the buff cards. Smugglers run turn 1 is just insta concede pretty much. Then into grimstreet etc etc....Ugh paladins. Warlock is pretty damn good, well better then they were but still currently sit 4th and druids....I just think they suck as well. If you were to ask me and arena is all I do pretty much...Pally>mage>rogue>warlock>priest>warrior>shaman>druid>hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game seems so horribly luck based. Tested a new deck out and noticed I didn't have enough AOE. Added about 4 more AOE spells (Max I can have), yet I never draw those when I face an aggro deck, which seem to be about 50% of current decks. Then when I face a reno deck, which are about 30% of my opponents, my starting hand tends to be almost full of AOE even if I don't choose any. There never seems to be a good balance I can find Same with healing spells, those are always in the bottom deck when facing aggro for some reason.

I wish you could swap cards more than once so it would be less luck related and you and everyone else could get a good mulligan almost always. Games should always be more skill related rather than how lucky one is.

I also tried a tempo mage and the results were so odd. I think I got about 13 wins in a row and then 13 losses in a row Never had so long win or losing streaks. And it was yet again mainly luck related, as if I didn't get those important cards, it's pretty much game over.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2017-01-19 at 06:56 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Ugh, I really hate playing against Priests.
    Not because they're overpowered or anything, but I never feel like I'm having fun (and I'm normally perfectly fine having fun while losing).

They're just so frustrating, stealing all your stuff. Then you try to bait, but they have shadow word pain, shadow word death, entomb, those mind-controllers. Bwegh :P
    This is still true today, it has gotten to the point where I simply concede if I get matched against priest. His removal doesn't do damage, it just removes from play, which isn't fun, or simple, to play around, which is boring.

Then for him to just take your cards, and only win from having stole them, is ridiculous. Priest is a troll class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    100% calculated buddy. Get good.
    git gud*
    10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    This is still true today, it has gotten to the point where I simply concede if I get matched against priest. His removal doesn't do damage, it just removes from play, which isn't fun, or simple, to play around, which is boring.
    I dont concede against every priest, but when the first drago shows up...lol fuck that shit im out...

It just adds more removals and more aoe

I dont concede against every priest, but when the first drago shows up...lol fuck that shit im out...

i like aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    The game seems so horribly luck based. Tested a new deck out and noticed I didn't have enough AOE. Added about 4 more AOE spells (Max I can have), yet I never draw those when I face an aggro deck, which seem to be about 50% of current decks. Then when I face a reno deck, which are about 30% of my opponents, my starting hand tends to be almost full of AOE even if I don't choose any. There never seems to be a good balance I can find Same with healing spells, those are always in the bottom deck when facing aggro for some reason.

I wish you could swap cards more than once so it would be less luck related and you and everyone else could get a good mulligan almost always. Games should always be more skill related rather than how lucky one is.

I also tried a tempo mage and the results were so odd. I think I got about 13 wins in a row and then 13 losses in a row Never had so long win or losing streaks. And it was yet again mainly luck related, as if I didn't get those important cards, it's pretty much game over.
    Eh getting bad draws & mulligans is how all popular card games are supposed to work. I can't think of many games that allow you to more or less bypass the concept of a random opening draw very often. As much as so many HS players hate randomness card games have never really worked any differently, unless that same game introduced some ridiculous type of card cycling/sniping later down the road in that game's life.

Allowing players to drastically reduce the effect that bad draws has on games is also very much a double edged sword. You can't just allow the decks you like, or the underdog type of decks, to utilize bad rng skipping mechanics. If you allow less popular decks to ignore the possibility of bad draws you will also have to do it for aggro decks, and combo, and dragon/reno priest, and miracle rogue, etc. In the end allowing people to never draw poorly would still allow the top meta decks to always win regardless. The game wouldn't change that much right now.

Also, if you give players too much choice about what they can pull from their decks you will start seeing more problem plays/decks popping up in the future. There is good reason why other card games put good & reliable cards on the banned list if those cards allowed the opposing player to draw specific good cards straight from their deck, discard specific cards from the opponent's hand, or remove non-randomly targeted minions from play each turn. Too much player input in a card game can quickly cross the line from a game improvement to a game detriment.

7+ Year Old Account

I sometimes watch Disguised Toast's twitch stream, and I LOVE watching a mirror matchup between dragon priests. The game is no longer, "deal lethal to your opponent to win". It becomes, "whoever plays the most Draconid Ops wins".

won't play against a priest myself though, waste of time. Even the wins feel bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a moan about my continued bad luck with rng in this game...
    Me playing old mally Rogue, Him Zoo Lock.. I got maly on board he is at 6 hp I am at 10 he has I wanna say peddlers? the 2/2 that gives 1 mana card on board.
    I drop a burgle as only card in hand I get Spreading Madness so 9 + 5 for 14 split damage.. guess who died sigh...

Fuck ships cannon. The RNG of that card is bonkers and so incredibly strong that it literally decides gsmes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Up against a Highlander Priest who went Shadowform and Raza.

I was entirely in control. I was at full HP, had a commanding board presence, he was topdecking each turn and playing whatever minion he drew. He'd already used Reno and Kazakus and had elected for a shitty 5mana spell instead of the 10 to try and stem my board presence. It didn't work. He was fucked. It was just taking several turns for me to get the kill.

And then he topdecked Kabal Courier.

And got Coldarra Drake out of it.

Remember where I said he was in Shadowform with Raza? Yeah.

FUCK
    OFF
    YOU
    RNG
    WHORING
    CUNT

This is the saltiest I have ever been in this game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I just played 30 straight games of casual just to see what it's like. I face nothing but jade shaman 13 times, jade druid 3 times, pirate warrior 11 times and reno mage 3 times. What in the holy hell? Seriously in casual play. Why! I can't understand for the life of me as to why. Quests? Ok? Use your brain and make something creative. The quests are mostly play 30-50 of something. If you need 3 win quest or 5 win quest, Take it to ranked and try and get a reward out of it. Are people seriously that afraid of losing stars or losing at all in ranked? Is insecurity really that big of an issue on the internet nowadays? Winning at all costs for only yourself to witness. Do friends come over and you hop on the comp and pull up HS tracker and go look at that winning % guys! I just don't get it. Kripp is the only guy I can stand watching on twitch and for good reason, Arena is the only good thing about this game...so sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    I just played 30 straight games of casual just to see what it's like. I face nothing but jade shaman 13 times, jade druid 3 times, pirate warrior 11 times and reno mage 3 times. What in the holy hell? Seriously in casual play. Why! I can't understand for the life of me as to why. Quests? Ok? Use your brain and make something creative. The quests are mostly play 30-50 of something. If you need 3 win quest or 5 win quest, Take it to ranked and try and get a reward out of it. Are people seriously that afraid of losing stars or losing at all in ranked? Is insecurity really that big of an issue on the internet nowadays? Winning at all costs for only yourself to witness. Do friends come over and you hop on the comp and pull up HS tracker and go look at that winning % guys! I just don't get it. Kripp is the only guy I can stand watching on twitch and for good reason, Arena is the only good thing about this game...so sad.
    There was a statement from Brode recently saying that for ranks outside legend you're matched against people with the same number of stars it has nothing to do with MMR. In casual and Legend you're matched according to MMR so if you're a decent player casual will be somewhat challenging.

All the more reason not to fear ranked at all. If you want I can try to dig up the post.

Brode is a damn idiot. I understand what you're saying but that is just plain retarded. Why even have casual play then? Is the dude mentally retarded? Well, He is actually considering the state of this game. Making bank on a shithole game. Pretty much rank 16 and down is all tier one decks. That's why I just make decks full of what I need and get it over with and head to arena. Need 3-5 wins of something that I'm not in arena, Hop into ranked and get some stars...

That is just the thing. People fear losing on an internet game. They fear it! People live in a world of anxiety because they can't stand losing on a video game. You can enter Heaven if you create your own decks and play them only. You have to go to hell if you choose to play top tier decks and win at all costs. Sadly 90% of players choose hell.
    Last edited by HisDudeness; 2017-02-01 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I gave up on the grind to rank 5 last month, I got to rank 10 and called it a day, my time playing the game was better spent in arena grinding packs and rewards. Still perfectly possible to get to rank 5 with say Beast Druid in Wild which isn't even on the tier list but it's a slippery slope and takes time.

Weird how this game supposedly random matches you. When I play my control type decks like reno lock, mage, anyfin I see 90% dragon priests against which I have like no chance of winning. If I play a fast deck, I won't see a single dragon priest.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Weird how this game supposedly random matches you. When I play my control type decks like reno lock, mage, anyfin I see 90% dragon priests against which I have like no chance of winning. If I play a fast deck, I won't see a single dragon priest.
    I'm not gonna lie, I used to dismiss these posts as "omg it's all random. That's just a conspiracy theory." Last night after trying to climb to rank 5 with two decks, I'm a believer now. Blizzard tries to fuck you over to get everyone to 50% win rate. I'll be a crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I used to dismiss these posts as "omg it's all random. That's just a conspiracy theory." Last night after trying to climb to rank 5 with two decks, I'm a believer now. Blizzard tries to fuck you over to get everyone to 50% win rate. I'll be a crazy.
    Yeah same here but now I am completely convinced it's an algorithm and not random. It's funny how if I decide to play some reno mage, I'll see dragon priest dragon priest dragon priest jade druid dragon priest. As soon as I switch to something like agro paladin or warrior the matchups completely change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly say if they don't fix shamans in the next couple of weeks I'm done

- - - Updated - - -

Who ever the fucking stupid cunt that thought Evolve and Devolve would be good actually needs a serious and swift kick right in his bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I can honestly say if they don't fix shamans in the next couple of weeks I'm done

- - - Updated - - -

Who ever the fucking stupid cunt that thought Evolve and Devolve would be good actually needs a serious and swift kick right in his bollocks
    Today! I shall be playing the role of Nikkaszal. Crikey m8! You just need to draw your board clears and then its smooth sailing to a win m8! G'day!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Evolve and Devolve are hardly troublesome shaman cards when compared to Trogg (which is rotating out), Lava Burst, and 4 mana 7/7. Those spells are actually fairly creative mechanics that you can't just expect to play on curve with no thought and expect to win every time, seeing as how you have to determine if your drops are going to give you crap or not (such as the stereotypical Trollden highlight 2 mana & 7 mana board clears, via Doomsayer and Acidmaw).