Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heavy trash instances I use DH (HoV, DHT etc). Less trash heavy instances (VotW etc) I use BoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Heavy trash instances I use DH (HoV, DHT etc). Less trash heavy instances (VotW etc) I use BoW.
    maybe that's my fault but I don't see the gain of BoW over DH in any instance. do you pull less than 2 mobs on average in vaults?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    maybe that's my fault but I don't see the gain of BoW over DH in any instance. do you pull less than 2 mobs on average in vaults?
    Its more like there are more bosses than there is trash in there. However I tend to run with a WW monk so maybe I'm biased towards not needing super heavy aoe every pack.

The trash at the start you can wings in which case you don't really need DH.

I haven't see any Rets really which is a shame coz I'm torn big time on gearing the DK or levelling the Paladin. What I have seen though is a guildy doing a ton of dps as Prot... Like, topping meters dps, pretty nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    I didn't say every pull was over 1 million... When they are it is because wings is up and a decent sized pull or multiple packs were pulled and yes we do pull multi pack on bolstering week. Over a whole instance I sit around 600k my best was around 800k but that was a bit of a crazy run. My weapon is only lvl 35 with 885 ilvl equipped.

Anyways I do a lot of m+ here is a link to my wow progress only thing I don't have a lot of time for is a consistent time to play every week.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/azgalor/Azsune
    You mentioned you occasionally run with other rets, you sure they weren't old might ones where it would bug on damage meters attributing all might damage from all rets to a single person?

Also what difficulty are we talking about when you post these non-scientific numbers? Are we talking M12+? or we talking 5s? I am not saying there aren't better players than me out there (and there certainly are thousands of them), but I find it odd that you're doing the same damage I am with no legendaries, only 5% damage buff, and the same ilvl as me with arguably worse trinkets overall (i only have a 845 fcm..., but I have access to stronger M+ trinkets).

Somethings missing here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to sleep now. When I wake up tomorrow, I want to see the consensus about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You mentioned you occasionally run with other rets, you sure they weren't old might ones where it would bug on damage meters attributing all might damage from all rets to a single person?

Also what difficulty are we talking about when you post these non-scientific numbers? Are we talking M12+? or we talking 5s? I am not saying there aren't better players than me out there (and there certainly are thousands of them), but I find it odd that you're doing the same damage I am with no legendaries, only 5% damage buff, and the same ilvl as me with arguably worse trinkets overall (i only have a 845 fcm..., but I have access to stronger M+ trinkets).

Somethings missing here.
    I rarely do anything lower then a 10 unless it's with a pug. We can normally 3 chest any 10 unless its something really hard that week. Like last week the Skittish/Fort we didn't finish a 14 NL on time due to 2 wipes on end. I really enjoy pushing keys more then raiding or pvp this expansion. The first time I have ever not pvped(except when I quit ofc).

The few lower ones I have done I tend to do a bit less damage overall due to not eating or flasking but I normally maintain close to 600k average over a whole instance. Another problem is some of the packs are to short to really go through much of the rotation or wiping. Joined a pug 7BRH the other day and the hunter managed to barrage 3 groups onto us to cause us to wipe. I'm running effective DPS on my meters so being dead lowers DPS a lot.

I feel that after the update legionaries do not make as huge as a difference as they once did. Don't get me wrong they are still noticeable when you do get them.

I have near 30% haste so I just use DH for everything now. It's close to ST dps and I don't like to bother with talent switching ever.

Don't use cons tho because I have the cloak, I know cons is nice now but I feel like it's not as strong as the extra DS damage from Final Verdict.

Cons would only be better on straight clumped aoe, and I still feel like DH with Final Verdict wouldn't be far behind for AOE and be better for cleave.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I have near 30% haste so I just use DH for everything now. It's close to ST dps and I don't like to bother with talent switching ever.

Don't use cons tho because I have the cloak, I know cons is nice now but I feel like it's not as strong as the extra DS damage from Final Verdict.

Cons would only be better on straight clumped aoe, and I still feel like DH with Final Verdict wouldn't be far behind for AOE and be better for cleave.
    Consecration is really only useful on pulls of 3 or more. Running into pulls of this size is very common in dungeons and if you are trying to push timers you are normally multi pack pulling making the value larger. But say for straight out single target it will never be a viable option or even two targets. But the main focus of this thread is Mythic+ and most of the combat time even on tyrannical weeks is trash.

We don't log our M+'s but our weekly 12 we run I average a little over 600k overall dps. Not using pots, just flask and food.

I'd be fairy surprised if a Ret with no legendaries and worse gear/traits than me does the same damage as me.
    Or... maybe he's a better player than you. or... maybe he does M+ a lot more and benefits from more exp in that area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Or... maybe he's a better player than you. or... maybe he does M+ a lot more and benefits from more exp in that area.
    Doubtful. He has done 44 M10+, which isn't a crazy amount. His lower M+ clears are actually quite few at 190 M2+.

I also doubt that he's a better player than anyone who ever logged a M+. No Ret legendaries, average Ret trinkets and an average amount of Ashbringer traits.

It's a bullshit story and all he has is doubtful anecdotal evidence that doesn't add up when matching it to data or even basic deductive reasoning. I know what I trust, some guy on the forums or several thousands of Retribution Paladin parses and 100% transparency on their performance?

Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    If you bothered to read my post I very clearly stated it's just possible he's better than me, I mean I LITERALLY stated that.

However, I'm not some pushover and I outgear him by a decent margin (belt/traits, other gear relatively the same). I still think the data he is giving is a little bad that's all. I.e. basing it on old meters with a second ret (thus giving gbom damage all to him), his claim is over the course of a lower keystone (low keystones I avg considerably higher over the dungeon).

I'll report what I do in my 15 this week.

You want zeal and divine hammer most of the time. Any run where boss damage matters go fires and wrath. You will still do enough damage for trash but, you will preform much better on bosses.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you bothered to read my post I very clearly stated it's just possible he's better than me, I mean I LITERALLY stated that.

However, I'm not some pushover and I outgear him by a decent margin (belt/traits, other gear relatively the same). I still think the data he is giving is a little bad that's all. I.e. basing it on old meters with a second ret (thus giving gbom damage all to him), his claim is over the course of a lower keystone (low keystones I avg considerably higher over the dungeon).

I'll report what I do in my 15 this week.
    Did an 11 Maw yesterday as holy but our ret paladin pulled 2 mil on first pull. We pulled all the trash up to first boss in one pull. This week has just been crazy pulls due to the affixes being so weak compared to the previous week and I did not base it on might as this was all after 7.1.5... Would never touch hammer or conc before 7.1.5 and before we had that our aoe dps was no where near competitive with the likes of DHs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeal, DH and Consecration ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Divine Hammer, according to my recount at least, it seems an extremely good choice for most of the fights

I´d agree with BoW for Tyrannical, DH for Fortified
    Additionally i´m running GJ as we usually pull 4+ mobs without cc

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    Did an 11 Maw yesterday as holy but our ret paladin pulled 2 mil on first pull. We pulled all the trash up to first boss in one pull. This week has just been crazy pulls due to the affixes being so weak compared to the previous week and I did not base it on might as this was all after 7.1.5... Would never touch hammer or conc before 7.1.5 and before we had that our aoe dps was no where near competitive with the likes of DHs.
    For solidarity I did a test of that as well.

We pulled the entire pack to the first boss. I ended up doing roughly 3.5M DPS when last add died. I tried taking a screenshot of it, but it apparently was taking it of my desktop and not the game? I tried twice (the second time I actually did 4.7M DPS, but we accidentally pulled the adds the boss just randomly kills, so it was a bit inflated). We also 2 chested our NL 15 this week. We didn't expect that at all.

So how does a brother take an in game screenshot?

Deleted
    hit the print button (right to F12 usually) on your keyboard

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For solidarity I did a test of that as well.

We pulled the entire pack to the first boss. I ended up doing roughly 3.5M DPS when last add died. I tried taking a screenshot of it, but it apparently was taking it of my desktop and not the game? I tried twice (the second time I actually did 4.7M DPS, but we accidentally pulled the adds the boss just randomly kills, so it was a bit inflated). We also 2 chested our NL 15 this week. We didn't expect that at all.

That pull was including the boss. But he killed the adds before they could inflate the numbers and was the dps after boss was dead. I prefer snipping tool for screenshots myself unless someone wants to see whole screen and remember alt + print screen if you have multiple monitors to just take a screenshot of your active window.