Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Once again this ridiculous boycott demonstrates the complete hypocrisy of the Left. Imagine if Hillary had won and 70 Republicans said they weren't going to attend the inauguration. They'd be torn apart by liberal politicians and the mainstream media. They're sexist! They're divisive! They're tearing the country apart!

But when Democrats do it it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Once again this ridiculous boycott demonstrates the complete hypocrisy of the Left. Imagine if Hillary had won
    while having absolutely zero experience; while having no concrete, realistic plans; while intentionally attacking the countries on every continent on Earth (yes, all seven, by claiming climate change is a Chinese hoax); while nominating cabinet picks who also had no experience and demonstrated no knowledge or ability to do the job, but were picked because they were donors; while telling more direct, provable lies than any other candidate; while under over a hundred lawsuits; after losing dozens of lawsuits to people she was contractually obligated to pay but didn't, after having settled hundreds of lawsuits to people she was supposed to pay and didn't; while promising to fund her own campaign by $100 million and didn't, while hosting her campaign in her own building, jacking up the rent by a factor of five; while promising to add 25 million jobs to a country with already historically low unemployment; while promising to remove the minimum wage; while promising to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security; while promising to remove health care from dozens of millions of US citizens with nothing to replace it even now; while being caught unfaithful to two of her three husbands, one of whom while pregnant (bad analogy but you get my point); while giving taking Chelsea to meetings with world leaders without a security clearance; while openly bragging about committing sexual assault; while refusing to release her taxes despite her demands that Obama release his in 2012; while giving Chelsea's husband a WH job; while the Clinton Foundation was not just not just under investigation but also shut down; after being dragged to court by the federal government for refusing housing to people purely because they were African-Americans, TWICE; after telling everyone she was going to kick out all the illegal immigrants and bring back US manufacturing while at the same time building a hotel with illegal immigrants and Chinese steel; while taking credit for saving 1100 jobs when it was really 800 bribed by Tim Kaine's state while thousands more by the same parent company were still lost; while promising to build a wall only to give up when elected; while promising to throw Trump in jail during the election; and while inciting her followers into violent revolution and vowing only to accept the results if she wins; and all of this mixed with dozens/hundreds of other acts and character traits that make them the least popular president elected in a generation and whose popularity has dropped by 20% since then

ALL OF WHICH WHILE

begging a hostile foreign power to directly, personally interfere with the election, and when they did, pretend it wasn't them, deny it was them, despite every intelligence agency we have saying "it was them" in public and in private -- in one of the very few security briefings she actually went to; while openly hiring people with direct, personal and economic ties to that hostile foreign power; while claiming to forget that hostile foreign power directly invaded a sovereign state; while filing a dozen or so corporations in the country of that hostile foreign power; while owing hundreds of millions of dollars to that hostile foreign power; while openly praising the dictator of that hostile foreign power every chance she got, then pretending not to know him; while presented with evidence that not only did that hostile foreign power intentionally interfere with the election to get her elected, there was also an investigation into her compromising ties to that hostile foreign power, which she dismisses as "fake news" despite it being important enough to bring to Obama and Biden; then promising to reduce sanctions against that hostile foreign power while also working to let them expand their nuclear arsenal -- despite not only claiming ours didn't work, but also putting someone in charge of them that didn't realize their main job was being in charge of them.

and 70 Republicans said they weren't going to attend the inauguration.
    Then they'd have a pretty good point, wouldn't they?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Trump has managed to create a mass delusion in his followers, the likes of which we have never seen before.

Most Trump supporters I talk to haven't even listened to what he has to say, many others don't even know what his words mean.

YET - Trump has a support base worth of a religious cult.

That fact - not just the issues of lesser magnitude is the truly disturbing fact.
    I've noticed this as well. Thing is, if you either know the person, or have been listening to them for a long time (say it's someone on this forum) you tend to notice that when they talk about all the stuff that they think Trump has promised to do, it's actually things that they themselves have been wanting to see happen.

Trump has created this perfect narrative for which people can project their own feelings about what should be happening, what direction the country should be going in. Most of the time it's not even something Trump has said he will do. Simply, it's just their own projection.

And the saddest part is, I noticed that Trump was doing this early in the campaign. He uses simple words, small sentences, and creates open ended ideas for which people can project their own beliefs onto and think that their personal belief of what's best for the country is what Trump is going to do. The worst part is, the less self aware and the less questioning someone is, the more likely they are to fall for it. I had far too much faith in my country, figuring that not enough people would be stupid enough to fall for his open ended promises (basically, making people think he's promising to do exactly what they want), but I was wrong, so terribly wrong.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Trump has created this perfect narrative for which people can project their own feelings]
    Dear God...we've elected Bella Swan.

*sound of gun cocking*

Once again this ridiculous boycott demonstrates the complete hypocrisy of the Left. Imagine if Hillary had won and 70 Republicans said they weren't going to attend the inauguration. They'd be torn apart by liberal politicians and the mainstream media. They're sexist! They're divisive! They're tearing the country apart!

But when Democrats do it it's fine.
    Pretty much true.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC News just posted a quick summary titled Six Reasons Why Today Isn’t a Typical Inauguration. It's worth a read, but here are the bullet points:

1. Trump enters office as the most unpopular incoming president in the history of the NBC/WSJ poll.
    2. Trump will be violating the Constitution's Emoluments Clause on Day One, according to critics.
    3. He continues to face asterisks next to his win, including the conclusion from the U.S. intelligence community that Russia tried to help him win.
    4. Trump's outreach -- or lack thereof -- to his opponents and the millions of Americans who didn't vote for him pales in comparison to the outreach from Obama in 2008-2009 and George W. Bush in 2000-2001.
    5. Dozens of Democratic lawmakers won't be attending the inauguration -- the biggest boycott from the opposition we've seen in modern times.
    6. Team Trump has had a very slow start filling the government.

Emphasis mine for thread relevance.

People really need to grow up... Trump won the vote - its time accept it. You cant have a democracy and then not accept the results if the other side wins the vote.

Trump atleast deserves a chance .

Can it really get worse than 8 years of obama?
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-01-20 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    NBC News just posted a quick summary titled Six Reasons Why Today Isn’t a Typical Inauguration. It's worth a read, but here are the bullet points:

1. Trump enters office as the most unpopular incoming president in the history of the NBC/WSJ poll.
    2. Trump will be violating the Constitution's Emoluments Clause on Day One, according to critics.
    3. He continues to face asterisks next to his win, including the conclusion from the U.S. intelligence community that Russia tried to help him win.
    4. Trump's outreach -- or lack thereof -- to his opponents and the millions of Americans who didn't vote for him pales in comparison to the outreach from Obama in 2008-2009 and George W. Bush in 2000-2001.
    5. Dozens of Democratic lawmakers won't be attending the inauguration -- the biggest boycott from the opposition we've seen in modern times.
    6. Team Trump has had a very slow start filling the government.

Emphasis mine for thread relevance.
    fake news.

NBC among many news organisations put trump at a sub <5% chance to win the presidency LUL

also this is kinda relevant
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-01-20 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    fake news.
    Then you'll have zero problems refuting the facts. The original article has the cited sources. You're free to provide your own evidence to the contrary. Good luck.

Then you'll have zero problems refuting the facts. The original article has the cited sources. You're free to provide your own evidence to the contrary. Good luck.
    i dont need to refute anything. i'm happy trump won.

he'll MAGA, and hopefully some of that will spill over to the UK. all's good. the more right wing leaders we have in office globally, the better tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you do. You called it "fake news". You're going to need to back that up.

You being happy with the result of the election is irrelevant to your claim of "fake news". Liking something does not make it true.

So, put up or shut up. Prove the news is fake.

Yes, you do. You called it "fake news". You're going to need to back that up.

You being happy with the result of the election is irrelevant to your claim of "fake news". Liking something does not make it true.

So, put up or shut up. Prove the news is fake.
    NBC colluded w/ hillary in the presidential election. i'm sure they'd do anything to keep their narrative of "TRUMP = EVIL = NAZI = TRUMP"

you kinda lose all respect for a news org. when they show obvious bias because of backroom deals + bribes

he'll MAGA, and hopefully some of that will spill over to the UK. all's good. the more right wing leaders we have in office globally, the better tbh
    Someone likes war, racism, ignorance, poverty, slavery and hatred, I see!
    Mother pus bucket!

I boycott every inauguration. I don't want to deal with a bunch of partisan asshats in the cold.

MAGA!!! The time is now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've noticed this as well. Thing is, if you either know the person, or have been listening to them for a long time (say it's someone on this forum) you tend to notice that when they talk about all the stuff that they think Trump has promised to do, it's actually things that they themselves have been wanting to see happen.

Trump has created this perfect narrative for which people can project their own feelings about what should be happening, what direction the country should be going in. Most of the time it's not even something Trump has said he will do. Simply, it's just their own projection.

And the saddest part is, I noticed that Trump was doing this early in the campaign. He uses simple words, small sentences, and creates open ended ideas for which people can project their own beliefs onto and think that their personal belief of what's best for the country is what Trump is going to do. The worst part is, the less self aware and the less questioning someone is, the more likely they are to fall for it. I had far too much faith in my country, figuring that not enough people would be stupid enough to fall for his open ended promises (basically, making people think he's promising to do exactly what they want), but I was wrong, so terribly wrong.
    2016 was the year of "they can't possibly be that stupid".

They sure showed us. "WE CAN AND WE WILL!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    MAGA!!! The time is now!
    It sure is.

...go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Now this is what you call fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

That already sums up most countries... Its easier to list countries that do not have a right wing head of government.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Someone likes war, racism, ignorance, poverty, slavery and hatred, I see!
    i see none of this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    A lot of these people just seem like sore losers. Republicans disliked Obama as much if not more than Democrats disliked Trump, yet you didn't have all these whiny protests. Republicans didn't send hundreds of death threats against electors like Democrats did to Trump electors. Before the election the democrats railed on Trump for not saying that he would blanket accept the results of the election without first seeing and making sure there wasn't any obvious voter fraud. Yet it was Hillary and democrats donating money towards Jill Steins useless recounts, unable to accept results. The Hypocrisy is just crazy.

I don't mind the protests, it will likely just end up helping the Republicans in the long run, keeping the sore loser narrative alive.
    What are you talking about? There were lots of pro-gun nutjobs that were planning to storm the white house and force Hillary out of office if she was elected.
    Mother pus bucket!