Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It seems the people who scream "fake news" have become so accustomed to to being made to look stupid, that they don't realize they're making a joke of themselves every time they scream "fake news" at legitimate stories. It certainly is amusing watching them think/believe they've "owned" someone by crying "fake news" at stories reporting on actual events carried by nearly every news outlet there is.
    Given the "Fake News" narrative originated with said news outlets and it ended up burning them quite badly, it seems a tad odd that you would want to talk about this in general. You come THIS close to self awareness, you are right there but then end up projecting it onto others and turning away. It's sad.

As for the rest, you managed to avoid saying anything tangible as usual. It seems you've become way more apt in recent times due to necessity at avoiding giving the people you are responding to ANYTHING at all they could nail you down with. Not giving out any kind of actual statement, names, event and so on. You might want to either do it or it becomes rather pointless to respond to you as you are effectively not saying much of anything beyond vague opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh look, pigeon chess!
    Oh look, not saying anything at all. Out of curiosity, when did you guys stop even trying to make proper arguments. Seems to be a running theme with you, Batman, maybe Djalil if he is still around?
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-01-20 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Sounds stupid, the bot has to be programmed the accounts that are already known so the bot finds nothing. If you have that information ban them, oh wait this is just a ploy to use more political bs.

So if twitter cant do the investigation work, how can they program the bot with knowledge only an investigation would uncover? We really are in the age of retard if people fall for this.
    Yeah, the way it's described makes the bot itself rather redundant and the resulting actions too lenient on people they know to be trolls even beforehand. Yay, a bot made a response to a troll exposing them to be a troll. Suddenly Twitter became less of a cancer it is /s Although if they made it more autonomous they'd have to worry about false positives (then again their current information gathering could be susceptible to it as well). For example, since they focused on Jews already, would self-hating Jews be tagged as impersonators? Would it conflate criticism of Israel with antisemitism and tag Jews critical of their country?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    No, I didn't. Many major internet "feminists" were proven to think that black women can't simply speak for themselves, that they have to do it for them, that they have to be in leadership positions. Fake fights, fake activists, who are actually exactly what they "fight" against.
    The amount of thought you put into such a thing to twist and bend it into racism is hilariously pathetic. But that topic still has nothing to do with the OP. It was hilarious watching the anti-SJWs, anti fems, etc claim that this sort of fake identity trolling isn't done by their ilk, when it happens all the time.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    The amount of thought you put into such a thing to twist and bend it into racism is hilariously pathetic.
    It's called racism of lower expectation, which is somewhat of a running theme with these people and identity politics at large. Where people are stripepd of agency amongst other things and cast in a role of perpetual victimhood.
    It was hilarious watching the anti-SJWs, anti fems, etc claim that this sort of fake identity trolling isn't done by their ilk, when it happens all the time.
    Who claimed that again? Because what we have right now is some pretty obvious troll/mockery accounts which are a sham at first glance given they are accounts such as "Schlomo Shekelstein" whom nobody in their right mind could ever mistake for legitimate. Comparing that the the constant string of false accusations, made up stories such as the stolen hijab one and self made threats that seems rather, hilarious tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Where people are stripepd of agency amongst other things and cast in a role of perpetual victimhood.
    You'll have to forgive me if I laugh hysterically if one group that relies heavily on perpetually claiming victimhood criticizes other groups that rely on perpetual victimhood.

Who claimed that again?
    When someone made up a story about a stolen hijab, it was pretty amusing to watch people claim that this one story being made up suddenly meant that the other 20 cases of reported harassment (and all the unreported ones!) were also made up. That claim was made and implied in nearly every post thereafter.

Then there were the people mocking this sort of thing, as if the groups of social activism they belong to (the anti SJWs, the anti fems, etc) never did this same sort of self-victimhood where they make up a scenario to push their own social activist agenda.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Will probably be turned off after a couple events of self-incriminating exposures from the Regressive Left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What if the twitter bot is just some guy pretending to be a bot so he can slam all the opinions he doesn't like.
    It's way easier.

The owner of the bot decides who is a "fake" account, that way he can whitelist fake accounts owned by his side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Will probably be turned off after a couple events of self-incriminating exposures from the Regressive Left.
    Nah they'll just remove the profiles of those fake accounts from the bot.

And if one reverse image-searches the acount’s avatar, one can often find where it was stolen from.
    So it's based on what avatar the person is using? Lmao fucking what.
    I got a weeb avatar on twitter, guess i am 2D now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    trolls that post defaming statements against minorities, while hiding behind a fake avatar of the targeted minority
    Had a few of those on mmoc over the years, still some here even now. It's sad.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Wait Shaun king aka Talcum x got banned?

Maybe a small step in fixing the toxicity of twitter. Maybe some day it will clean up other bad corners of the internet. This new bot targets trolls that posting defaming statements against minorities, while hiding behind a fake avatar of the targeted minority.

[Source]
    The problem is, most casual social media users aren’t even aware that this sort of racist deception is being perpetrated, let alone trained to be vigilant for it. And Twitter isn’t really capable of the detective work to identify these accounts and take them down as they spring up.

So the question becomes: How can users fight back? Can this insidious tool of anti-Semitic harassment be defanged like the (((echoes))) that were previously used by internet bigots? The answer is yes, and it takes the form of a Twitter bot.

Meet Imposter Buster, social media’s new sheriff. He is programmed with an updated database of impersonator accounts, and every time one of them tweets, he automatically replies and exposes them with pre-programmed evidence.
    That's the thing about twitter, people get so upset when someone says something sexist and racist not knowing that most of these people are usually just trolling to get a reaction. Twitter is cancer.

Maybe a small step in fixing the toxicity of twitter. Maybe some day it will clean up other bad corners of the internet. This new bot targets trolls that posting defaming statements against minorities, while hiding behind a fake avatar of the targeted minority.

[Source]
    The problem is, most casual social media users aren’t even aware that this sort of racist deception is being perpetrated, let alone trained to be vigilant for it. And Twitter isn’t really capable of the detective work to identify these accounts and take them down as they spring up.

So the question becomes: How can users fight back? Can this insidious tool of anti-Semitic harassment be defanged like the (((echoes))) that were previously used by internet bigots? The answer is yes, and it takes the form of a Twitter bot.

Meet Imposter Buster, social media’s new sheriff. He is programmed with an updated database of impersonator accounts, and every time one of them tweets, he automatically replies and exposes them with pre-programmed evidence.
    Or, you know, we could just have free speech, with all of it's warts.

Can the bot flag news stories about fake hate crimes? Oh wait, they're all fake... never mind.

BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH GUYS

Only libtard SJW feminist pieces of trash impersonate others to try and make it seem like they're being persecuted. Good, up standing conservative cishet white males would NEVER do something like impersonation to make others look bad!
    Why do you start every post with 14 obnoxious capitalized words. It makes my eyes bleed and is annoying. GOOD DAY SIR.

No, we can't. If we could, we would have had free speech somewhere.
    You came really close to having a complete thought there. Care to complete it so we can say communication happened?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How does it know what is fake or not?

I suspect its purely a "Is it a black republican?" = "Must be fake!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Or, you know, we could just have free speech, with all of it's warts.
    This is free speech. This is exactly what free speech looks like. The bot writer is using his freedom of speech to speak out against speech he doesn't approve of. That's exactly how freedom of speech works.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is free speech. This is exactly what free speech looks like. The bot writer is using his freedom of speech to speak out against speech he doesn't approve of. That's exactly how freedom of speech works.
    I stand corrected. After reading the source, instead of just the snippet, I realized this is not what I thought it was. I thought this bot was silencing the speech of posters, not just clowning them. I actually really like this now that I became something other than laughably uninformed to the details.

Please don't infract me for replying to you.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-01-20 at 04:37 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People need a bot to tell them an account is fake when they have a crossed eyed black dude as their avatar and throws around phrases like 'normie' and 'dindu nuffin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    One out of four posts by Decklan in this thread started with some fully capitalized words. I'd say your accusation is off to a bad start.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the snippet tells you exactly what the thing does, so...
    ...so I'm retarded. I can't deny it. =p