Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Druid Legendaries

What Legendaries are people prioritizing on upgrading first?

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopaTroopa View Post
    What Legendaries are people prioritizing on upgrading first?
    Your questions is formulated incorrectly, as we cannot plan for nearly anything. Legendaries are random and we never know when they will drop.

So your question I assume is "What legendaries would you love to get as soon as possible?".

- My answer would be the healing trinket.

If your question is what legendaries do I have that I'd love to replace, then my answer would be Sephuz Secret. I like that it now is useful for healers as it procs from dispels, but still I'd prefer something more in line with the resto toolkit such as... the trinket! Or any other resto legendary excluding the boots or the shoulders, which I don't find particularly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    Your questions is formulated incorrectly, as we cannot plan for nearly anything. Legendaries are random and we never know when they will drop.

So your question I assume is "What legendaries would you love to get as soon as possible?".

- My answer would be the healing trinket.

If your question is what legendaries do I have that I'd love to replace, then my answer would be Sephuz Secret. I like that it now is useful for healers as it procs from dispels, but still I'd prefer something more in line with the resto toolkit such as... the trinket! Or any other resto legendary excluding the boots or the shoulders, which I don't find particularly useful.
    His question is fine. People could have 2-4 legendaries and make a decision based on what to upgrade, which you do have a choice on.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    His question is fine. People could have 2-4 legendaries and make a decision based on what to upgrade, which you do have a choice on.
    You are right. Forgot we now can do that with 7.1.5.

In that case, as I only have the belt as a pure resto legendary, that will be my first upgrade.

Trinket or Ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ring, Trinket, Prydaz, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Ring, Trinket, Prydaz, in that order.
    I agree with him

Wrist for M+, first item.

You'd prio jewelery first, because of how they overly scale, sah juicy.

Tearstone first, prydaz second.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You'd prio jewelery first, because of how they overly scale, sah juicy.
    On tearstone of elune it's +400 haste/200 mastery. Yeah I know, Ekowraith is bad for non-guardians, but just as example, upgrade gives 800 int and ~200 secondary stats. So in general, entirely ignoring individual effects, upgrading mainstat items (especially chest head legs) is way better than rings/neck.

If you were lucky enough to get the trinket last week, definitely upgrade that before tearstone!

Here is how I'd rank our current legendaries.

1. Tearstone of Elune
    2. Edraith, Bonds of Aglaya
    3. Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    4. Essence of Infusion
    5. Velen's Future Sight
    6. X'oni's Caress
    7. The Dark Titan's Advance
    8. Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds
    9. Sephuz's Secret
    10. Aman'Thul's Wisdom

I think people are heavily overvaluing the trinket. Here's the thing - assuming that you are doing 25% overheal while it's up, the trinket only adds about 4% more total healing done - 1.125 (overheal bonus) x 1.15 (healing bonus) = 129.3% healing done while up and 0.293 x 0.133 (10/75 sec uptime) = .039. Tearstone, the wrists (using proper CW combos), Prydaz and the Tranq boots on a Tranq heavy progression fight should all add significantly more healing from the effect than the trinket. Sure, you can argue that the stats on the trinket are extremely strong, but really, they are only in line with the stats you would get from something like Ekowraith at the same ilvl. Plus, there is a lot more opportunity cost loss in replacing a ring or a neck with a legendary than there is in replacing a trinket, because trinket effects can have very high value, whereas all non legendary rings/necks/boots, etc. are just stat sticks.

The trinket really is only middle of the pack in my opinion and not worth stressing the hell over if you don't have. Sure, the value of it is that it gives controllable burst, whereas something like Prydaz is arguably heal padding, and something like Tearstone is RNG, but it's just not that big of a window for stronger play, and things like the wrists and boots also give you controllable burst if that's what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I think people are heavily overvaluing the trinket.
    I think it's also worth considering that new trinkets are mostly bad. So you still end up relying on a good procced statstick/+m trinket/arcano/etc... (I guess a high ilvl celestial map is ok too). At this point I'd take 940 velen trinket tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    I think it's also worth considering that new trinkets are mostly bad. So you still end up relying on a good procced statstick/+m trinket/arcano/etc... (I guess a high ilvl celestial map is ok too). At this point I'd take 940 velen trinket tbh.
    This is true, but with how awful the healing trinkets in NH are - even compared to say EN stuff like Heightened Senses and Vial of Fog, I think they will end up forced to buff them in the near future.

Deleted
    3k static int,+1% to 3/4 secondary stats (even the 860 arcano which gives no int and approximately +2% to everything is still considered BiS), +15% healing every 1:30m (you farmed millions of AP to get to +15% healing), not another even remotely decent replacement and I'm not even going to mention its overhealing aspect and its utilisation. But sure buddy, it's not BiS. Better go with bracers since you definitely need extended HoTs on tanks in raiding.

So I got the wrist: Edraith, Bonds of Aglaya
    and the chest: Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds

Now which one makes more sense to upggrade? And why? For M+
    Chest gives amazing primary stats but the effect is meh. The wrists have the best effect but the stats are meh.
    Dunno what do get first :/

Deleted
    I'd go with the chest. Don't have the wrists but they're supposedly really good for M+, so can't really say much about them. The chest isn't "meh". The buff to Ysera's Gift and the +4.5% damage reduction, assuming you have guardian affinity, are pretty significant. The chest can account for 10%+ of your healing in some fights and that's with you just standing there doing nothing. Additionally, you get more raw stats from chest. In any occasion, it's really fast to gather the shit needed for the upgrades, so since you only have 2 legendaries, you shouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    3k static int,+1% to 3/4 secondary stats (even the 860 arcano which gives no int and approximately +2% to everything is still considered BiS), +15% healing every 1:30m (you farmed millions of AP to get to +15% healing), not another even remotely decent replacement and I'm not even going to mention its overhealing aspect and its utilisation. But sure buddy, it's not BiS. Better go with bracers since you definitely need extended HoTs on tanks in raiding.
    Yes, but the trinket you are replacing with the legendary is probably going to have a chunk of static INT or high amount of secondary stats on it. Plus, the extra secondaries are only compensating you for the fact that you're replacing a trinket on use/equip effect - which generally is worth quite a bit compared to replacing a ring or neck or bracer or whatever that has no value beyond the stats. I factored in the overhealing effect into my calculation of the on use being worth +3 to +4% throughput. Sure, if you have more than 20% overhealing, the effect will be worth more, but that also means that the +15% is worth less, because more of it goes into overheal. Comparing 15% healing for 10/75 seconds to artifact power grind is a useless comparison, because the player power you get from getting to 54 traits is free and has no downside; you're not replacing anything to get that. When considering the trinket legendary, you're incurring the opportunity cost of both having that instead of another trinket in the same slot and having that instead of another legendary equipped.

Saying that the bracers and CW effect is useless for raiding is also kind of ridiculous. I don't even have the bracers (I would use them immediately if I did) and I get around 6% of my healing from using CW every ~30 seconds. Using the bracers to extend it on CD should nearly double that (even if you account for more overhealing). If extra tank HoTs are so useless, why are they such a relatively large portion of our healing breakdown for a 1/30 second GCD?

Deleted
    Let's agree to disagree. It is commonly accepted that the bracers are only good for M+, if you want to argue that, feel free to do so. You've neglected to mention a trinket replacement. Probably because aside from the map (which is still arguable), there isn't any. In any case, I'd be using my 940 trinket and topping the meters in the meanwhile.

Even in M+ I don't see the fuss about the bracers since in order to utilise them appropriately you need to "waste" swiftmend, flourish and probably eog and all that just to have extended (and potent) hots on the tank. As if 4-5 "regular" hots and a barskin won't suffice. Or even having the belt which is OP for M+. Feel free to log on druid discord and read some stuff; The consensus (among TOP druids) is that the best legendaries, for raiding, are tearstone>neck>velen's.
    Last edited by mmoce73301f456; 2017-01-20 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    Let's agree to disagree. It is commonly accepted that the bracers are only good for M+, if you want to argue that, feel free to do so. You've neglected to mention a trinket replacement. Probably because aside from the map (which is still arguable), there isn't any. In any case, I'd be using my 940 trinket and topping the meters in the meanwhile.

Even in M+ I don't see the fuss about the bracers since in order to utilise them appropriately you need to "waste" swiftmend, flourish and probably eog and all that just to have extended (and potent) hots on the tank. As if 4-5 "regular" hots and a barskin won't suffice. Or even having the belt which is OP for M+. Feel free to log on druid discord and read some stuff; The consensus (among TOP druids) is that the best legendaries, for raiding, are tearstone>neck>velen's.
    I am would say both are equally good, trinket and wrists are super strong. Lets face the facts:

You need to equip in an ideal scenario the legendary ring and one mana-trinket to keep spamming your spells and your 800k hps over the lenght of the fight without going oom. That leaves us with 1 trinket slot and a rather low tankhealing compared to other healing classes. The leg-trinket would give us strong stats and a small 15% every minute and 15 seconds. Its basicly one more cooldown for our toolkit which is insane to have.

But to say the truth: the wrists are just insane. Competing with tranq, mushroom and wildgrowth on the 3 best heals after reju. With the wrists we can catchup so much heal which other healers would eat if the tank gets a rather high hit. In raids and m+ i cant play without them. So for god sake dont give me the trinket luckgod! I dont want to chose between these two. They are both exceptionally god.

And to be honest: you do not equip the prytaz at all if you have Ring, Boots and Wrists to choose from in a raid enviroment. You alsays go with Ring/Wrists or Ring/Boots (Kromus or whats fettys name) 100% of the time.

Prydaz only gets good if you are missing ring and can choose from other legs instead.