Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I prefer my QP matches with random teams that aren't the meta, really. I already get relegated to Reinhardt or Ana in competitive, so when i QP i like to actually play other heroes.
    Same here. Hog/Ana/Soldier "main" when playing comp, never really playing them in QP. It's much more fun to lol around with Hanzo/Genji there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I prefer my QP matches with random teams that aren't the meta, really. I already get relegated to Reinhardt or Ana in competitive, so when i QP i like to actually play other heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Same here. Hog/Ana/Soldier "main" when playing comp, never really playing them in QP. It's much more fun to lol around with Hanzo/Genji there.
    This is why they need to fix Comp, so we can have some fucking tanks in QP and I can get a shot at playing Widow more than once or twice a week. Shit, I've been thinking about going back to comp just so I can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I wonder if Roadhog could have survived without his 1 hit combo. For some reason I'm thinking if his entire combo didn't finish off a 200 hp hero only lowered them to critical health, it would still be fine. After all, he is essentially pulling someone away from the safety of their own team into the enemy's territory. Even if a 200 hero isn't instantly killed by Roadhog, his team could easily finish them off. Or even if it's just the Roadhog alone, it would still be a near death hero's a few feet away from a 2nd shotgun blast to finish them off.
    I don't understand the complaint about roadhog, it's a shotgun in your face and you are a weedy character, of course you die. The hook doesn't always kill you either, I play road a lot and often times hooks should one shot someone and mysteriously they escape with low hit points. I also seem to have no problem dodging hooks because I expect them and I hop to the side at the last second and Rhog misses clean. The only time Rhog gets me is if I didn't see him because my focus was elsewhere in which case my death was my fault.

Last night a Rhog tried to hook me into the temple gap, I side stepped it, hooked him back and he went down the hole. Rhog is a one trick pony and he always uses that trick by leading with the hook and you should be expecting it anytime you see him on camera.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Not everyone has the time for 300 games so this averages out, if you play say 10 games a week and just get unlucky you can very quickly drop.. If the "answer" from the Blizzard fanboys is just play more to average it out, then ironically surely that is a broken system that only works for no lifers.
    It's a "problem" with no solution.

If they hugely reduce the rank losses per loss, they'd have to reduce the gains as well, meaning instead of the unlucky few complaining about a bad streak, you'd have EVERYONE complaining that it's impossible to gain rank. The same casual players would be basically stuck where they get placed, with no chance of spending enough time to gain anything; you won't LOSE much rank, but only because you won't GAIN much either.

If they try and screw with the matchmaking to break up streaks, you'll end up with more unbalanced matches, as the game puts 6 "needs a win" people together against 6 "need a lose" people who are ranked much lower. That's pretty much the only way to do it. And then if you win the next couple matches, you're the "needs a lose" guy. This also acts directly against the ranking system, since it tries to prevent people changing rank even if they deserve it.

I get that losing a bunch of games in a row feels bad. I lost a bunch of rank at the start of the season due to a bad streak and I'm still earning my way back up; I'm making more rank on wins than I lose on losses, I just don't have time to play that much. But there's basically no way to avoid streaks in a system that's randomly selecting balanced opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    I tanked S2 ranked playing SR, it got so bad it was funny, I thought I'd wait for the reset.

well S3 comes, 7-10 wins, and got 932 rank bronze.

I believe in mmr hell and there is no way im escaping.

Typical Blizz fashion, no precident or reasoning for their actions, its always a crap shoot what they will do.
    in the placing games you won 7 games and got ranked in bronze? or did I misunderstand sth?

if yes, hard to believe when I only got 1 win, 2 draws and 7 loss and got almost 1700 rank
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2017-01-20 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But there's basically no way to avoid streaks in a system that's randomly selecting balanced opponents.
    Exactly. I just wish the people complaining about the system and blaming it for everything that's wrong in their life would realize this too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I got back into OW this week, did my 10 games placement. Lost 6, won 4. Got ranked 1980.

That doesnt seem right TBH. I did not play well in like 8 or the 10 games. Anyone else experienced "over ranking"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    I tanked S2 ranked playing SR, it got so bad it was funny, I thought I'd wait for the reset.

well S3 comes, 7-10 wins, and got 932 rank bronze.

I believe in mmr hell and there is no way im escaping.

Typical Blizz fashion, no precident or reasoning for their actions, its always a crap shoot what they will do.
    Dude, people at 900 rank are incredibly bad at this game. Like playing on a controller bad. If you're good enough for higher rating, it should be super easy to climb out of there, even if you have to carry every game. Just pick S76 every game and drop heads left and right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So I got back into OW this week, did my 10 games placement. Lost 6, won 4. Got ranked 1980.

That doesnt seem right TBH. I did not play well in like 8 or the 10 games. Anyone else experienced "over ranking"?
    The average is 2500, FWIW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The average is 2500, FWIW.
    Yeah, I just found it odd that I would get 1980 and my friend, who played all 10 games with me got like 900 something bronze. Its not like I was wrecking people like a Dreamhack pro or anything.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

If it's not your first season of competitive, it also looks at the rank you had in an earlier season. I only won 3 or 4 of my placement matches but still got placed somewhere between 2300 and 2400, I'm guessing because I was rank 56 in season 1 (didn't play season 2).

Since then I did climb to a peak of 2800, which still feels kinda meh because "the average is 2500", but oh well

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably my favourite PotG yet. Heroes do die I'm afraid, twice.

https://gfycat.com/YellowUnselfishCollardlizard

10+ Year Old Account
    From my earlier high of 2941, it seems that now, I am no longer mostly winning matches,
    but now joining in mostly LOSING matches.

Now fine, its not like I expected to win every match. Not hardly. I would say an evenish
    amount of wins and losses is to be expected.

But lately, it seems as though the majority of my matches (let's say, out of 5) are generally
    3/5 I lose or mostly 4/5 I lose. Its extremely rare for me to even get 3/5 winning games,
    let alone 2/5.

Trying to get out of the bracket (namely 2500) seems utterly futile. Its as if the game itself
    (silly I know) is actively preventing me from trying to play out of this bracket. This ELO hell
    is just the worst. You try to crawl out and get slammed with repeated losses, almost purposely,
    to prevent you from progressing.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-01-23 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    Or maybe you're just finally in the rating that suits you and that's why the game is trying to keep you there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not with the teammates I've had hell no. I'm not saying I'm top 500 or anything even close to that,
    but sheesh, the real stinkers I've been paired up with.

maybe thats old news but I noticed the longer I'm burning during the game the more points I recieve(or lose less when losing) and when I'm not burning I don't get as much points and lose more

Getting really sick and tired of being matched against Koreans in Ranked... Complete bullshit...
    Not even just a few every other game. Getting 6+ Koreans -EVERY- game. The Latency is a damn nightmare.
    Love being killed by a D.Va while playing as Ana when the D.Va doesn't even look at me, and her back is turned...

Last game, dropped 2601 to 2584. G-fucking-G Blizzard.

Of all the games you Regionlock, you enable global matchmaking on probably the only game that needs it.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

7+ Year Old Account
    anyone else not able to queue up for anything after the patch?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    anyone else not able to queue up for anything after the patch?
    I am having this issue, just running the repair tool.

I got 2 games in before everything just stopped working for me.