Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...iii-john-lewis

The way this is shaping up, it's gonna be the most dreary and boring inauguration in recent history. It seems like half the country is boycotting this.
    That concert last night though. Wow. That was rough. I couldn't even watch those "performers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That concert last night though. Wow. That was rough. I couldn't even watch those "performers".
    There was a concert? Lemme see what I missed...

(two minutes later)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "USR" HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How exactly does one benefit from watching the inauguration?
    It's world politics, it's not totally uninteresting... for example, the streets seem pretty deserted and some people lining the streets are booing the presidential convoy driving Obama and Trump to the Capitol. This could be actually funny. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    S instead of US because you are not united anymore.
    How profound
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There was a concert? Lemme see what I missed...

(two minutes later)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "USR" HAHAHAHAHA
    The fireworks were the only bright spot, aside from Trump's speech, which I actually liked for once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No, it doesn't work that way. That's why we have things like definitions, such as the one I linked.

One person selling another person an apple for a dollar is not capitalism. That's just plain old commerce. It's how the concept of money and trade works. The government, a church, or a thief can sell an apple as well as the farmer himself.

Capitalism is an entire economic system. Trump's economic proposals would therefore be relevant to the discussion. His failings as a businessman, while important in general, were not directly related to the creation or management of an economic system. In fact, there are examples of the reverse, such as his court-ordered divesting of funds, aka "going into bankruptcy" which is the law dictating how you handle your private finances, rather than the free market.

Trump's proven history of solely looking out for his own fortune, at the cost of people who invested in him and/or who worked for him, is not inherently capitalistic. It just demonstrates his poor suitability as a leader, as @Darsithis pointed out.
    an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods - yes
    by investments that are determined by private decision - yes
    and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market - yes

So, which point is it that you're worried about. It is capitalism and he's a capitalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How exactly does one benefit from watching the inauguration?
    its not exactly about benefiting, but openly declaring a boycott of a ceremony doesnt do any good either. im not saying everyone must watch/attend, just that an intentional boycott wont fix your agenda's either.

elected officials should be in attendance for the honor of the ceremony, not the person being sworn in. if you have problems with the policies of the incoming President, there are means to deal with that. today is about the ceremony of the country's history and tradition, as well as official beginnings, not personal agenda's or feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    You'll keep saying that until the man gets shot or a war breaks out within the S.

S instead of US because you are not united anymore.
    As someone who voted for Hilary Clinton ... come on ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...iii-john-lewis

The way this is shaping up, it's gonna be the most dreary and boring inauguration in recent history. It seems like half the country is boycotting this.
    Looking at the turn out , it sure doesn't look like half the country is boycotting it. Im watching it here at work. Im sure you are too. I love hyperbole. Don't you?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Looking at the turn out , it sure doesn't look like half the country is boycotting it. Im watching it here at work. Im sure you are too. I love hyperbole. Don't you?
    So you watching it at work gives you the evidence to disprove that more than half the country isn't boycotting it. Speaking of hyperbole . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    its not exactly about benefiting, but openly declaring a boycott of a ceremony doesnt do any good either. im not saying everyone must watch/attend, just that an intentional boycott wont fix your agenda's either.

elected officials should be in attendance for the honor of the ceremony, not the person being sworn in. if you have problems with the policies of the incoming President, there are means to deal with that. today is about the ceremony of the country's history and tradition, as well as official beginnings, not personal agenda's or feelings.

But that is exactly the problem, those people do not like those new 'beginnings'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'm watching. The crowd is 90% white. Is that reflective of the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post

Yep. People really don't get what unification means. If Trump fails, we fail. If Trump ends up going down the worst possible path and leads us into War (either civil or World War), we all suffer. You aren't going to sit something like that out. If he takes our economy and runs it right into a great depression, its going to hurt both sides of the isle. You can't sit something like that out.

There is absolutely no positive to come out of him being an epic failure except for the "I told you so" crowd. Everyone, on both sides, should hope he succeeds. It doesn't have to be a homerun, but you better hope and pray he is adequate and successful enough to not fuck us over royally.

Sitting out and boycotting just brings more negativity. It hurts waaaaaaaay more than it helps us.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets make it about race. You are incredibly mature. I could go and say "blacks are too busy killing each other" or some other rubbish, but its not about race. its about the country coming together.

And yes it is reflective of the US. Whites makes up, what, 65% of the US? 200 million out of the 320 million. Nice try though.

Most Americans are white, yes. The largest minority group is blacks, who make up about 13%. We are more diverse than your nation, and all others, by a fucking mile. Just sayin...

What happens if those opposing our democratic process were successful:

People need to shut the fuck up and accept our new president who legitimately won. I didn't vote for him, but the people did. Get the fuck over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Most Americans are white, yes. The largest minority group is blacks, who make up about 13%. We are more diverse than your nation, and all others, by a fucking mile. Just sayin...
    The media coverage I'm watching is basically dismayed at how low the turnout is. Nowhere near as large as the previous guy.

America isn't 90% white. Go check statistics bud.

The media coverage I'm watching is basically dismayed at how low the turnout is. Nowhere near as large as the previous guy.

Where did they say that it was 90% white? Literally saying "African Americans make up 13%" makes it mathematically impossible for the USA to be 90% white.

They clearly don't think that. Go check your eyes bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. People really don't get what unification means. If Trump fails, we fail. If Trump ends up going down the worst possible path and leads us into War (either civil or World War), we all suffer. You aren't going to sit something like that out. If he takes our economy and runs it right into a great depression, its going to hurt both sides of the isle. You can't sit something like that out.

There is absolutely no positive to come out of him being an epic failure except for the "I told you so" crowd. Everyone, on both sides, should hope he succeeds. It doesn't have to be a homerun, but you better hope and pray he is adequate and successful enough to not fuck us over royally.

Sitting out and boycotting just brings more negativity. It hurts waaaaaaaay more than it helps us.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets make it about race. You are incredibly mature. I could go and say "blacks are too busy killing each other" or some other rubbish, but its not about race. its about the country coming together.

And yes it is reflective of the US. Whites makes up, what, 65% of the US? 200 million out of the 320 million. Nice try though.
    I'm not denying those numbers. Guess what?

65% sure. But the crowd is basically 90-95% white. Tells you a lot about how limited this guy's appeal is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Obama ordered D.C. police to stand down. So we have radical communists throwing bottles of urine at women.

At noon Trump assumes control. Hopefully we'll see mounted units and hickory shampoo for these pieces of garbage.

This is the Lefts America. Thank God it's over.

I never said it was 90% white. It was you who said that. I put ZERO stock in your unscientific estimate.