Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Are you using AS or SW? From my understaning of the guide and general playstyle, after your 2 AiS casts (ending Vulnerable of course), you spam AS to build focus. Once at 90 focus, if MS is still active you use that (passing up WB) then proceed to 1 AS followed by x2 AiS, back to spamming AS for focus again. Repeat this method at all times foregoing WB. If you do not have a MS, you cast WB, followed by 1 AS and then 2-3 AiS's (depending on haste due to travel time of EB activating Vulnerable). With my haste at 18% I usually have to throw another AS in the mix to get an AiS to hit at the end of Vulnerable. Most fights around 3-6 minutes long it's not unheard of for me (personally) to use only WB as an opener and not touch it again except for bad procs (due to movement issues mostly).
    It sounds confusing written out but it's not that much when you get the hang of it.
    Sidenote: this was my take on the guide and how I've been playing it. I might be completely wrong, but I believe this is how it's done. Rather silly when you think about never touching a signature move designed for the spec because Blizzard is having issues balancing gameplay and dps issues.
    That's what I've been doing based on the guide too.. which just feels really weird. I guess WTG blizz for messing up so bad that we dont ever really use our artifacts ability anymore.. (except what seems to be rare occasions of course..)
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    That's what I've been doing based on the guide too.. which just feels really weird. I guess WTG blizz for messing up so bad that we dont ever really use our artifacts ability anymore.. (except what seems to be rare occasions of course..)
    The real fun alternative is using MM meme spec and never using AiS ever. Serves no purpose on pure ST fights and farm content once you learn the ins and outs of the boss fight, but it can pull much further ahead than the go to build for early learning of a fight or high add/extremely high movement fights (such as normal Trillax if you want to play raid hero and eat cake all the time and jump on bombs).

Deleted
    Are you using AS or SW? From my understaning of the guide and general playstyle, after your 2 AiS casts (ending Vulnerable of course), you spam AS to build focus. Once at 90 focus, if MS is still active you use that (passing up WB) then proceed to 1 AS followed by x2 AiS, back to spamming AS for focus again. Repeat this method at all times foregoing WB. If you do not have a MS, you cast WB, followed by 1 AS and then 2-3 AiS's (depending on haste due to travel time of EB activating Vulnerable). With my haste at 18% I usually have to throw another AS in the mix to get an AiS to hit at the end of Vulnerable. Most fights around 3-6 minutes long it's not unheard of for me (personally) to use only WB as an opener and not touch it again except for bad procs (due to movement issues mostly).
    It sounds confusing written out but it's not that much when you get the hang of it.
    Sidenote: this was my take on the guide and how I've been playing it. I might be completely wrong, but I believe this is how it's done. Rather silly when you think about never touching a signature move designed for the spec because Blizzard is having issues balancing gameplay and dps issues.
    Whoops, sorry. Yes I am using AS of course. I was playing it in a way that I tried to keep WB on CD what means that I was ignoring some MS proccs - so I guess I was doing that wrong. Exactly what you are saying - it just feels very awkward to delay WB but if that is the way to go I will get used to it.

Would appreciate if this could be explained with more detail in the guide - it is readable from the priority list but does not state cleary what to do if both MS and WB are ready to use. Think that this could need some additional attention since it is a so unusual and un-intuitive play style.

Oh and I do not spam AS after Vuln ends, at least for me two AS are enough to get the two AiS out. (AS MS AS AiS AiS, AS AS MS AS Ais AiS). Personally I do need the two AS between each Vulnarable window to keep the rotation smooth but it should be noted that I am not top geared.

Deleted
    Does the RPPM of the Convergence of Fates Trinket increase with itemlevel, or is it a static value and the only benefit higher itemlevel gives is the agility?

Currently the BM guide mentions this: "If you have no DPS legendaries for other specs already, you should generally go Beast Mastery." I'd like to explore this statement a bit so I can understand it better and make a decision.

Sadly, I've got the self-healing helm, self-healing pants, and sephuz. My artifacts are not balanced at all though, as I've not played BM _at all_ in legion. I've got 48 points and good relics in the MM bow, 31 points and junk WQ relics for BM.

Toon is Phorx on US Vek'nilash

I raid, but I'm not part of what most would call a "hardcore" guild (we're 4/7 (M) 3/3 (H) 10/10 (N) ). Skill-wise, I'm probably middle of the road at best based on parses tbh.

If MM mechanics don't change, I'm leaning towards swapping.
    Last edited by Phorx; 2017-01-20 at 04:01 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Link3r View Post
    Hello guyz, back from NH nm with a trinket question :
    Im with
    - Arcanocristal 860
    - Bloddthirsty 865 + socket
    And just dropped
    - Entwined Elemental Foci 875

Its a +/- 4.5k crit/mastery/haste buff for 20sec on estimated 0.7rppm
    (Tried it for simple science and you may have 2 proc simultaneously)

Seems roughly equal to my 865 BI+s but cant really decide which one to equip.
    A 4.5k mastery/crit buff under trueshot seems pretty strong to me.

Any tips plz ? Ty !
    Curious about this as well. Seems like it could randomly be very good if you somehow managed to get a mastery+crit proc during your BL/TS usage, but that is entirely up to RNGesus. I'm rocking the KJ leggo trinket and 875 arcano, so I am currently not using it unless some overwhelming evidence comes out in support of this trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phorx View Post
    Sadly, I've got the self-healing helm, self-healing pants, and sephuz. My artifacts are not balanced at all though, as I've not played BM _at all_ in legion. I've got 48 points and good relics in the MM bow, 31 points and junk WQ relics for BM.
    Ok, then play MM. I think the implication of the statement is pretty obviously that when all other things are equal, or you're just starting off at 110, go BM. But if you have a ton invested in MM already....

Quote Originally Posted by Phorx View Post
    I raid, but I'm not part of what most would call a "hardcore" guild (we're 4/7 (M) 3/3 (H) 10/10 (N) ).
    Then it really doesn't matter. Play whatever you want.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I tried to sim my own scales as Survival, and most of the stats were pretty similar to what is indicated in the guide, except mastery, which had roughly half the value. Am I missing something, or is mastery really that much lower for me?

Also, the guide recommend you gem and enchant for haste, but says under stat priority that in most cases you want to gem and enchant for versatility?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-01-20 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I tried to sim my own scales as Survival, and most of the stats were pretty similar to what is indicated in the guide, except mastery, which had roughly half the value. Am I missing something, or is mastery really that much lower for me?

Also, the guide recommend you gem and enchant for haste, but says under stat priority that in most cases you want to gem and enchant for versatility?
    Haste is good for ST only. Does pretty much nothing for AoE as most of your AoE damage is gated behind short CD abilities(Explosive Trap, Caltrops, Dragonfire Grenade).

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It affects dire frenzy if you choose that talent and I believe for ST fights, dire frenzy is better. I could be wrong though, haven't checked in awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Sephuz is really good for BM on fights that you can actually have it proc for. You'll probably want to use it with the helm. I think MM is fine for heroic fights but BM will probably be better for mythic fights since you'll have more movement and if you try to get a bit more dps out in MM and fuck up, you're probably dead from a mechanic. BM lets you run around like a fucking idiot and still do full dps.
    How many fights in Nighthold can Sephuz be proc'd with any frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Consistently? Probably none, especially on mythic. It's still better than a regular ring though if you have no other legendaries. I wouldn't use it over any other dps legendary though except maybe a few fights where you need burst dps or something.
    I only have two, one being the ring. Just curious how much use I could expect to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    I only have two, one being the ring. Just curious how much use I could expect to get out of it.
    Learn which adds can be rooted on add fights. If SV rangers net will proc it and if not your ice trap can proc it. If no add fights you will have to see if there are any abilities to interrupt. Barring those, you're not going to have any procs. Obviously, wait until adds are where they are supposed to be before using a trap or net.
    Easy answer is best found looking in the dungeon journal and seeing any abilities that can be interrupted and looking for those. You will also probably need to fight with others in your group for the interrupt as others might have Sephuz or you could potentially hamper a DH's damage since they won't get the Hatred to use abilities.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have experience with the Stormsinger Fulmination Charge? Just got an 890 one and trying to figure out if it's better than an 875 Urn. I know the Urn is better than an 870 Stormsinger but not sure which is better in this scenario.

My Stormsinger (880) parses better than my 895 Nightblooming Frond, which is allegedly one of our better trinkets. If that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Stormsinger Fulmination Charge? Just got an 890 one and trying to figure out if it's better than an 875 Urn. I know the Urn is better than an 870 Stormsinger but not sure which is better in this scenario.
    Its great for the 10% of the pull that its up

Quote Originally Posted by Brost View Post
    My Stormsinger (880) parses better than my 895 Nightblooming Frond, which is allegedly one of our better trinkets. If that means anything.
    small sample size, highly skeptical its better on average.

snip because bad info
    No. You use Windburst on CD (obvs not during a current vuln window).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brost View Post
    Frond is greatly over valued in sims from my testing. It's often doing equal to or less than hidden satyr, and loses value on AoE compared to e.g. Guarm statstick.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    small sample size, highly skeptical its better on average.
    From my understanding, it can stack up to 15 times, so it should be pretty good for Dual wield classes, not sure why it's so high in sims for Hunters?

It shouldn't do more than ~400k/proc because I doubt that you can reach 15 stacks or even 10 and it doesn't proc more often than Aran's ruby, so... I don't really get it.

Deleted
    Got BTI 895.. Burning Sky 875.. Guarm 875 with haste.. obv Guarm is better then burning sky for single target..

I have been running burning sky for mythic + and on average it does about 4% total damage.. Is that enough to sub it in for guarms? which has far superior stats

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I have the BM boots and I run aspect of the Beast. If I KC twice very close to each other, does the AotB DoT stack and "merge" to add up or does it simply refresh and I lose out on DPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I have the same question. It looks like dot refreshes and doesn't stack but I don't know how to find out for sure.
    Copying here from other thread. Any of you guys know? This could have a lot of impact on dps, versus KC, for instance.