Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hoping it gets nerfed. 10% sounds like a good number where it's punishing but not completely slaughtering. 20% is entirely too much.

That being said, I don't mind the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You have 2 of those packs in the entire dungeon... just use personals\def cooldowns, and don't do both in a row. What's so wrong about it?
    The dot will not give a fuck about your personals. Probably the only thing in the game that could survive a 9 stack of that without an immunity is a Brewmaster with Mystic Vitality and High Tolerance. Your personal would be like trying to stop a bullet with half a wet tissue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Its a +4 affix iirc
    Easy way to tell is 4 affixes only affect trash. 7s Affect everything. Bursting is a 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    They could potentially selectively apply it to mobs that are less "fodder"-like. Several places with swarms of bats/spiders that could be really problematic too.
    I assume they will, but there are still some mass AoE packs, most notably the imps in CoS, that drop Sanguine and apply Bolstering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Time for a math lesson.
    I have 100,000 health. 5 mobs burst, I'm taking 100,000 damage over 4 seconds. That means I'm taking 25,000 damage per second. I'm not dead.
    If you actually do mythic+ and watch the health of people. In a 12+ it's very rare that the entire group is topped off at the end of a pull. It's you guys don't actually play the game.

Deleted
    Some classes and class comps will have easier time if it goes live like this.

Thinking something like BrM Monk + Resto Druid + Frost Mage + Shadow Priest + WW Monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Bursting (New) - When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 20% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks"

Am i the only one who think this is worse than Bolstering? AoE kill 5 mobs and the whole group is dead.
    It's going to be AIDS for melee, that's for sure.

I guess this is the melee equivalent for Volcanic. If you don't GTFO, you die.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

depends on how it actually works. it doesn't seem like there's a range limitation for the explosion, as it just seems that ALL party members will take that damage

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Would be stupid if it didn't have a range [radius] of its explosion...
    It would be stupid if it did have a range. Just "screw you for bringing any melee dps at all, completely ignore the affix if you brought all ranged".

Deleted
    Tank specs like Veng and Prot Pal will struggle. BrM and Guardian Druids will have easier time with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    It would be stupid if it did have a range. Just "screw you for bringing any melee dps at all, completely ignore the affix if you brought all ranged".
    Volcanic says hello.

Volcanic says hello.
    Volcanic is still a big problem for your healer, if nothing else. Bursting would basically be meaningless if it only hits one person, would make it trivial to heal back up. Also you've clearly never played melee in a dungeon if you think Volcanic only matters to ranged, almost all of the dungeons have at least one mechanic that makes volcanic show up in melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bursting+volcanic and I'll never heal anything higher than +3 that week

Volcanic says hello.
    you cant just bring melee with volcanic becouse it will cause volcanic to spawn in melee, even if you have a healer at ranged distance and 3 melee dps volcanic will spawn in melee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    depends on how it actually works. it doesn't seem like there's a range limitation for the explosion, as it just seems that ALL party members will take that damage
    That would be way too OP. Imagine Bursting/Bolstering/Teaming. Would be impossible to do.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's works exactly how it says. Then it will be fine for melee. Actually the optimal group for doing it I would guess would be:

BrM (With healing spec and trinkets) > Survival Hunter > Affliction Lock > Balance Druid (With resto affinity) > Resto Druid

Basically, anyone has good immunities plus self heals. The reason being if 5 explode at once, any healing will allow you to live. The alternative to the above would be Tank> 3 melee> Healer with AoE heal. Simply because the healer wants to hit everyone with about 25% healing over the next 4 seconds for a 5 pack to be survivable.

Otherwise, you want to bring them down 1 at a time with at least a 1-2 second split. Nothing too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    It's okay, I forgive you for forgetting about healers.
    But healers don't matter. It's all about those 4 DPS carries.

Doesn't seem too bad. When we did CoS 15 with fort a few months back we were all at 100% HP when killing the imps, as every single ability they do would oneshot, so we just CC'ed them until death. So even if they all die at the same time your healer won't have to heal much in order for people to not die after the fight.

Any sort of damage reduc or heals over the course of that dot, and you live.

I'm sure it will go through some changes, but people throwing around the word impossible are exaggerating.

I'm interested to see which mobs this gets put on.

sounds like arcway spiders, melee without aoe stuns are going to take it up the A.

Most affixes in pugs are left to the tank to handle, and healers to a lesser extent. You'll see DPS players who can trivialize most mechanics with a mass stun just DPSing instead. This is a great affix because it actually requires the whole group to handle it. I know a lot of people will whine, but then again DPS have the nerve to whine about volcanic which is basically a free affix compared to most other ones (unless it's EoA).

It's just 5% hp/loss per second for 4 seconds before reductions. Most classes have stuff they can spec into to make it easier.

I want an affix where every mob can cast Defile.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

It has nothing to do with melee. It pretty clearly states "all" players.