Thread: Buying today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Another poster that comes asking for advice and shoots down any advice given. What a waste of everyone's time.
    Awe opinionated wind bag, and I haven't even been back to the forums for a month, I feel honored by your presence. I forgot my statement saying all advice would directly be reflected in my final build, and I missed the part of you screen sharing me researching the items he suggested minus the ram and the MB which I did ultimately change, fuck off somewhere else with your uselessness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    if you're going to come in here asking for help, and then tell everyone that they dont know what theyre talking about (even though at least three of these guys build and service PCs for a living)...

why are you even here?

As for memory being top notch - RAM comes from like 3 factories. Its all made in the same places regardless of whose name is on it. And as for marketing - you just defeated your own argument. Places like G Skill spend a lot of money to get their RAM into the hands of You Tubers and the like - doesn't make them better.

But hey, what do i know.

I only build computers for a living.
    I didn't disrespect anyone's advice, Jesus reading comprehension is subpar these days. I merely chose to make an separate decision after researching further with their recommendations in mind, which also directly effected the final build. I fail to see how I wasted anyone's time if the information given cause further research and changed the final build of the pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yeah why should they promote their products that might cause it to sell more, I mean where would y'all be without that insider hidden in the deep web knowledge.

User was infracted.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2017-01-21 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulPenguin View Post
    Awe opinionated wind bag, and I haven't even been back to the forums for a month, I feel honored by your presence. I forgot my statement saying all advice would directly be reflected in my final build, and I missed the part of you screen sharing me researching the items he suggested minus the ram and the MB which I did ultimately change, fuck off somewhere else with your uselessness.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't disrespect anyone's advice, Jesus reading comprehension is subpar these days. I merely chose to make an separate decision after researching further with their recommendations in mind, which also directly effected the final build. I fail to see how I wasted anyone's time if the information given cause further research and changed the final build of the pc.
    My uselessness? Whose sitting here wasting time.

Also, obviously, the way you research is flawed in some way if you could not turn up anything about how good Mushkin is, especially their higher end lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yeah why should they promote their products that might cause it to sell more, I mean where would y'all be without that insider hidden in the deep web knowledge.
    Without marketing, they'd fail miserably because their products are sub-par. Mushkin has been around for quite some time and still going srong without marketing because their products are top notch. Good Marketing =/= Good Product. But hey, you know more than everyone here, that;s why you came here asking for advice right?

Yeah that's why it's in the rig in your signature, and their newegg ddr 3 aka multi year standard has 24 reviews, and every piece of ddr4 they offer on pcpartspicker combined has 4 reviews, googling best ram, best ram manufacturers, and best ddr 4 ram brings up jack about them or their seemingly reasonably priced quality product. I only found them by googling the directly, and their marketing is the sixth bubble in the creation diagram and hopefully the only place they are failing in that diagram as well. You gave no advice, and are thus being useless bringing your opinion, which would've been welcome could you have actually responded to the original inquiry instead of your thoughts on my use of the advice given.

- - - Updated - - -

Corsair vengeance the product I chose is so bad it's in your rig. Thank you for giving the perfect example of your uselessness.

- - - Updated - - -

Also mushkin is cheaper than corsair so don't give any excuse why you aren't using the far superior product line of from your super secret honey pot.

Yeah that's why it's in the rig in your signature, and their newegg ddr 3 aka multi year standard has 24 reviews, and every piece of ddr4 they offer on pcpartspicker combined has 4 reviews, googling best ram, best ram manufacturers, and best ddr 4 ram brings up jack about them or their seemingly reasonably priced quality product. I only found them by googling the directly, and their marketing is the sixth bubble in the creation diagram and hopefully the only place they are failing in that diagram as well. You gave no advice, and are thus being useless bringing your opinion, which would've been welcome could you have actually responded to the original inquiry instead of your thoughts on my use of the advice given.

- - - Updated - - -

Corsair vengeance the product I chose is so bad it's in your rig. Thank you for giving the perfect example of your uselessness.

- - - Updated - - -

Also mushkin is cheaper than corsair so don't give any excuse why you aren't using the far superior product line of from your super secret honey pot.
    It's cheaper currently, but I bought that RAM nearly 3 years ago and it was a bit cheaper at the time. You do realize prices on PC components can change nearly daily right? So comparing today's prices to prices 3 years ago is pretty silly and proves my point, you don't know how to research this stuff. Since I was building 2 identical PCs, one for my wife and one for me, shaving every penny I could was necessary at the time, especially since we have a kid who was 3 at the time.

Also, yeah, I did not give advice, because the advice I would have given had already been given and shot down.

EDIT: Actually. now that I think about it, that RAM is even older than that. I carried it over from previous builds. So if I am not mistaken, it came out in that downtime Mushkin had where they did not release any new products for a while. Availability was fairly limited and I would normally use Crucial as my second but it was more expensive at the time. After those two, things like G.Skill and Corsair are all pretty equal, so I went with what was cheapest at the time, but we are talking like 5 years ago or so. I don't remember the specifics.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for performance and are wanting that Gigabyte motherboard, I'd suggest changing your SSD from the 2.5" to an m.2. The 850 EVO comes in m.2 and the same capacity for a similar price ($3 cheaper, currently).

Outside of that, I can confirm what the others have stated: Mushkin is a well known brand of RAM and provide a quality product. Your choice of Corsair is a great pick also, even though I tend to go with G.Skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    If you're looking for performance and are wanting that Gigabyte motherboard, I'd suggest changing your SSD from the 2.5" to an m.2. The 850 EVO comes in m.2 and the same capacity for a similar price ($3 cheaper, currently).

Outside of that, I can confirm what the others have stated: Mushkin is a well known brand of RAM and provide a quality product. Your choice of Corsair is a great pick also, even though I tend to go with G.Skill.
    Thank you, I'll be upgrading my storage in February along with adding the final accessories so I'll do more research into the m.2 ssd. I'm guessing the initial heating issues have been worked out?

From what I've gathered here and online, after searching specifically for mushkin, I'd agree they seem to be a quality manufacturer, I would however say the "well known" status would probably depend on how often you build pcs and your age in the nineties.

- - - Updated - - -

It's cheaper currently, but I bought that RAM nearly 3 years ago and it was a bit cheaper at the time. You do realize prices on PC components can change nearly daily right? So comparing today's prices to prices 3 years ago is pretty silly and proves my point, you don't know how to research this stuff. Since I was building 2 identical PCs, one for my wife and one for me, shaving every penny I could was necessary at the time, especially since we have a kid who was 3 at the time.

Also, yeah, I did not give advice, because the advice I would have given had already been given and shot down.

EDIT: Actually. now that I think about it, that RAM is even older than that. I carried it over from previous builds. So if I am not mistaken, it came out in that downtime Mushkin had where they did not release any new products for a while. Availability was fairly limited and I would normally use Crucial as my second but it was more expensive at the time. After those two, things like G.Skill and Corsair are all pretty equal, so I went with what was cheapest at the time, but we are talking like 5 years ago or so. I don't remember the specifics.
    you know what's shot down, my iq trying to figure out a way to get advice=/=instructions through to you. My final build is different from the build I had, my guild hadn't changed in over a week prior to asking here, and the advice given here spurred the further research that made those alterations. I wasted no ones time, the only time being wasted here is by you commenting about time being wasted, but I'm not even going to start trying to figure out how to help you grasp irony.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the initial heating issues have been worked out?
    I had not heard of any heat issues, nor have I had any heat issues with the m.2 that I'm using in my NUC, which would be the perfect storm for any heat problems.

I would however say the "well known" status would probably depend on how often you build pcs and your age in the nineties.
    That's probably a fair assessment, though I'd argue more the early 2000s than 90s.

just let him buy his stuff, no need to get flamed from other men`s costomers for giving them advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I had not heard of any heat issues, nor have I had any heat issues with the m.2 that I'm using in my NUC, which would be the perfect storm for any heat problems.

That's probably a fair assessment, though I'd argue more the early 2000s than 90s.
    Fair enough, I read the m.2 were causing heat issues near the motherboard although I could very well be conflating information on another type of ssd as I've read a ton on them recently and have probably mixed up somethings. I'll give them a fresh look after I take a break from computer part research for a week or two.

Thank you, I'll be upgrading my storage in February along with adding the final accessories so I'll do more research into the m.2 ssd. I'm guessing the initial heating issues have been worked out?

From what I've gathered here and online, after searching specifically for mushkin, I'd agree they seem to be a quality manufacturer, I would however say the "well known" status would probably depend on how often you build pcs and your age in the nineties.

- - - Updated - - -

you know what's shot down, my iq trying to figure out a way to get advice=/=instructions through to you. My final build is different from the build I had, my guild hadn't changed in over a week prior to asking here, and the advice given here spurred the further research that made those alterations. I wasted no ones time, the only time being wasted here is by you commenting about time being wasted, but I'm not even going to start trying to figure out how to help you grasp irony.
    Well, I was just going to leave it at the one comment I made, until you told me to fuck off, which I reported and am very surprised you did not get an infraction for, but whatever.

hey maybe they read and realized it wasn't abusive, but a crass and accurate description of the transpiring events.

Maybe I should read the Forum rules, and try to get more creative in my lack of patience with pointless and rude postings. Thank you for bringing to my attention that I had committed an infraction.

Good day, time watcher. Vanguard of efficiency, I must bid you farewell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. This sort of... changed tracks.

I guess I should clarify. People are going to buy what they want, it's their money. Just like people are going to order food how they want. I just offer suggestions. From my perspective, I always try to save people as much money as possible. I felt that nothing was being compromised. Given that money wasn't an issue, I'm not sure why a larger SSD wasn't had.

Either way, it's still going to be a bangin system.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Wow. This sort of... changed tracks.

I guess I should clarify. People are going to buy what they want, it's their money. Just like people are going to order food how they want. I just offer suggestions. From my perspective, I always try to save people as much money as possible. I felt that nothing was being compromised. Given that money wasn't an issue, I'm not sure why a larger SSD wasn't had.

Either way, it's still going to be a bangin system.
    My point was, that if they are just going to ignore half the advice given and shoot it down, that's nearly as bad as someone posting what they already bought and asking how it will run, which is clearly against the rules and threads like that get locked all the time. Not saying it needs to get locked or anything, because if anyone else wanted to offer advice to get it thrown back in their face they are more than welcome too, it's just pretty silly too at that point.

Also, I don't know how in the world telling someone to fuck off is ok. The OP should go fuck himself.

Infracted. - Cilraaz

My point was, that if they are just going to ignore half the advice given and shoot it down, that's nearly as bad as someone posting what they already bought and asking how it will run, which is clearly against the rules and threads like that get locked all the time. Not saying it needs to get locked or anything, because if anyone else wanted to offer advice to get it thrown back in their face they are more than welcome too, it's just pretty silly too at that point.

Also, I don't know how in the world telling someone to fuck off is ok. The OP should go fuck himself.
    He read over the advise he was given and used what he decided to be acceptable, I'm not sure how that is anything beyond the thread fulfilling its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    He read over the advise he was given and used what he decided to be acceptable, I'm not sure how that is anything beyond the thread fulfilling its purpose.
    Thank you, that was my understanding of how these things work as well.

Yeah, that's why they are so well known that someone reading on ram and researching in multiple places for the best ram manufacturers over a several month period could never hear about them til random internet guy says something about em. Their memory is so top notch they just haven't figured out how to use that incredibly fast ram in a pc anywhere to promote their product to a point that they might be able to afford some kind of marketing team...
    You missed the point entirely, just because YOU haven't heard of them does not mean they dont make quality components, and writing them off so fast just shows how ill equipped you are to be picking your own parts out.

Ram is whatever anyways, its all the same stuff just go with whats cheapest and has lifetime warranty (almost every manufacturer has this).

As already pointed out its just odd to make a thread looking for advice and snap at people when you get it, shows your maturity level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You missed the point entirely, just because YOU haven't heard of them does not mean they dont make quality components, and writing them off so fast just shows how ill equipped you are to be picking your own parts out.

Ram is whatever anyways, its all the same stuff just go with whats cheapest and has lifetime warranty (almost every manufacturer has this).

As already pointed out its just odd to make a thread looking for advice and snap at people when you get it, shows your maturity level.
    Reading comprehension. Don't you dare infraction me for insulting the intelligence of someone who clearly is derailing a thread by stating I'm doing or did something I didn't do.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I say I didn't snap at any advice is that everyone that has actually contributed advice has been pleasant about it. You and ole Lathais are the only people who didn't contribute anything but your opinion on how I should take advice, and yeah we can get snappy since you and him managed to derail my thread.

Reading comprehension. Don't you dare infraction me for insulting the intelligence of someone who clearly is derailing a thread by stating I'm doing or did something I didn't do.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I say I didn't snap at any advice is that everyone that has actually contributed advice has been pleasant about it. You and ole Lathais are the only people who didn't contribute anything but your opinion on how I should take advice, and yeah we can get snappy since you and him managed to derail my thread.
    I was pointing out your mistake of (your own words) "immediately wrote off ram because unknown manufacturer", to who? WHO hasnt heard of mushkin, that is the point i am trying to get across here. If you have never heard of mushkin you are wholly incapable of selecting parts for a PC that costs 1k+, and should leave the choices to experienced individuals.

Even tho there are some people on this forum that select good components, most do not. If i had no idea about PC parts, an MMO forum is probably the last place i would be asking for advice on something that costs this much money.