Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The fact that we pull the mounts out of our asses is what makes the whole thing OP. If we had to go to a stable or something it wouldn't be as big a deal.
    Exactly this! We want the same thing. We want alternatives that will allow us to have flight even if it means limitations. Yet Blizzard has not implemented any alternatives and simply removed it. Their alternatives render our flying mounts useless (goblin glider) and take away control from our characters (flight whistle). The reason flight is warranted is because we as players get to choose how to play our game, with our own control over our pacing and choices for travel. Currently there is no alternative to a flight path for quickest method of travel. This isn't an attack on flight paths, they work as intended, BUT we should have an alternative given we are able to unlock it, and it's limited enough that it doesn't negatively affect world content.

Simple, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I at least think flying mounts should be able to glide like Demon Hunters.

lol, they aren't problems because they're turning flying on? Idk what point you're trying to make, we always knew it was coming. It's gonna shit on the game, but at least it has been gone for as long as it has.

- - - Updated - - -

Please make sense with your sentences. Idk if you're trying to say it's not an issue because it will be enabled?
    I'm saying Blizzard doesn't see flight being too OP is an issue if they're willing to turn on a switch with no limits. You understand that the flight we're getting back literally has no limits on it. They could add in no-flight zones, use phasing to limit it from world quests, or even add NPCs that knock you down from certain areas. Instead we're getting flight as-is, simply in a patch. So yes, I'm saying your issue of 'flight is too OP' is a non-issue.

We always knew it was coming, so why do you suddenly think 'Flying is too OP for us to have' is a valid argument when you already know it's coming? Blizzard allows to make us OP in 7.2.

- - - Updated - - -

I at least think flying mounts should be able to glide like Demon Hunters.
    That's a completely valid opinion. Just keep in mind that your opinion doesn't make ours any less valid.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-20 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    I just hope they throw a curveball like they usually do and make legionfall zones ground mount only.
    Yeah that makes sense to remove a popular feature that's been in WoWs history for 80%

You mean the concerns of whiny people, it's okay, I corrected you.

ToT and Timeless isle were very well recieved, wonder why
    Well it sure wasn't for its travel options lol. Besides the exact same ToT concept was brought directly into WoD and you saw how well that did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'm saying Blizzard doesn't see flight being too OP is an issue if they're willing to turn on a switch with no limits. You understand that the flight we're getting back literally has no limits on it. They could add in no-flight zones, use phasing to limit it from world quests, or even add NPCs that knock you down from certain areas. Instead we're getting flight as-is, simply in a patch. So yes, I'm saying your issue of 'flight is too OP' is a non-issue.

We always knew it was coming, so why do you suddenly think 'Flying is too OP for us to have' is a valid argument when you already know it's coming? Blizzard allows to make us OP in 7.2.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a completely valid opinion. Just keep in mind that your opinion doesn't make ours any less valid.
    It doesn't mean it isn't OP. It means Bliz doesn't have or isn't willing to work on a real middleground. That'd be especially clear if a no flight zone comes later in the expansion.
    And that wasn't really an opinion more as a suggestion.

It doesn't mean it isn't OP. It means Bliz doesn't have or isn't willing to work on a real middleground. That'd be especially clear if a no flight zone comes later in the expansion.
    Which is EXACTLY why we're speaking out on it! We want Blizzard to be willing to work on a real middleground!

Yet here you are being an ass and telling us we all want flight because we all want to be OP, and how we all just don't get it.

Just because Blizzard is turning on the switch in 7.2 doesn't mean the problems surrounding flight go away. The cycle simply returns next expansion when Blizzard continues the cycle of removing flight and adding new pathfinder. IMO that is not a viable solution. We see the problems right now, we want to fix that. We really have little in disagreement about what we want, our differences stem in what we view as being the problems of flight and how we would want to solve it.

As far as Blizzard is concerned, they don't care if flight is OP for world content because they're just giving it to us without any change or limits. I don't see this as a good thing. Many of us don't think this is a good thing. The reason is because we know they'll just remove flight again later on, so having flight back is only a temporary fix and not a long-term solution. That's why there's a continued discussion.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-20 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Which is EXACTLY why we're speaking out on it! We wanting Blizzard to be willing to work on a real middleground!

Yet here you are being an ass and telling us we all want flight because we all want to be OP, and how we all just don't get it.
    Wanting flight is enough for me to know you don't get it. 99% of people aren't asking for a middleground, they're just saying "nothing matters give us flight".

Tbh, I don't miss flying anymore... With the whistle, the glider and whatever stuff, it's super fast and easy to get around and even more fun than just setDirection->numlock->goPee .. They can skip it totally for all I care.

Only thing that bugs me is that I "have" to use the Strider instead of my million awesome groundmounts... if Blizzy had a brain, they'd just solve it so when u reach exalted with Nat, instead of getting that strider, you get a permanent buff applied on you which allow you to walk on water with ANY mount. Simple shit and I could use my raptor or whatever...

Anyways, flying.. yeah sure... whatever... really!

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you realized that it was repetitive shit from day 1 and you chose to do the things you liked doing.
    Yes I'm sure everyone realized WoW was repetitive when it was the most casual of MMO's released in 2004. That's why it became the top MMO for many years.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

ToT and Timeless isle were very well recieved, wonder why
    Context, my friend. ToT and TI were both in an expansion where flight was available right at level cap. Players got to enjoy flying, but also got to enjoy the grounded experience as well. Not to mention that both islands had PVP elements to them as well as other features, such as easy gear acquisition, rare mount farms, and world bosses.

I submit to you that players would have flocked to those areas just as much with flying as without, since the lack of flight was not the primary draw of those zones.

Compare that to Legion, where players are denied flying through most of the expansion, have a tedious, unnecessary list of tasks in order to unlock it, and it's stuck behind an arbitrary time-gate which has nothing to do with player achievements or effort. To follow that unlock with a bunch of content where flight can't be used is just insulting. It makes the value proposition of unlocking flight meaningless and unfair. And that's why it would be a stupid thing for Blizzard to do.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-20 at 08:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't understand why people that hate flying even buy WoW... We've had been flying for TEN YEARS if you don't like flying play one of the many none-flying MMORPGs
    It really does shrink the game when you look at it from a content standpoint. I think adding it in later is the perfect balance though. It should've been added sooner in WOD imo but now that everyone has had ample time to go through the questing experience in Legion it makes sense to add it back.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I'm so glad they delay flying to trigger these types of players. As if the game is hard to navigate, seriously.
    There are still some world quests in Highmountain that I haven't figured out how to get to yet.

Wanting flight is enough for me to know you don't get it. 99% of people aren't asking for a middleground, they're just saying "nothing matters give us flight".
    You're telling me I don't get it because other people think nothing matters as long as they have flight? Are you fucking kidding me?

If you're going to address me, respect my opinion as an individual. I am not the 99%. Don't blame me for your conflict with everyone else. Everyone who wants flight wants it for different reasons. Don't tell me 'I don't get it' if you're gonna bring up someone else's problems. It's absolutely insulting.

I mean seriously, what kind of reply is that? It's funny that you can call anyone clueless when you're spouting this much bullshit. Why do you even care to be here when you believe 99% think nothing matters as long as they have flight?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-20 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It really does shrink the game when you look at it from a content standpoint. I think adding it in later is the perfect balance though. It should've been added sooner in WOD imo but now that everyone has had ample time to go through the questing experience in Legion it makes sense to add it back.
    I agree it shouldn't be available immediately but 7.1 would've been perfect time

I agree it shouldn't be available immediately but 7.1 would've been perfect time
    Very few people have asked for flight right away for a long time now. In fact, many people actually LIKE the idea of unlocking flight via epic quests or time investment. The problem isn't that we have to work for flight. The problem is putting in the work to unlock flight but still having it locked. Then when it finally unlocks at Blizzard's whim, there's no content to use it on.

I don't understand why people that hate flying even buy WoW... We've had been flying for TEN YEARS if you don't like flying play one of the many none-flying MMORPGs
    Flying has only really applied to small parts of WoW. Leveling (apart from Cataclysm and a few other zones) dungeons (apart from Occulus,) raids (apart from phase 3 Malygos), BGs, Arenas and most of the end-game daily zones (Isle of Quel'danas, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle) were all designed to be tackled from the ground. The only time flying content was really made a significant part of gear progression was the MoP release dailies/rep grinds which were very poorly received compared to the later (non-flying) patches which managed the incredible feat of increasing subs mid-expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The biggest pain in the ass in this game is doing shit zones like Suramar city where you have to walk on egg shells and RP that you're Solid Snake ever 5 seconds to avoid the "HNNNGHHH WHO GOEZ THERE?" "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING GUYZ" bullshit, but once we get our artifact power and upgrades and shit why would I ever want to return ehre anyway? Why would i even do daily quests anymore anyway, expect for your rare upgrade and what not?

Why not give us lfying now? It won't change anything most the world is dying in activity now anyway since people finally realize the world quest logo is just another fancy word for "more daily quests that sound different but aren't that different overall"

Hell even the exploration argument is moot since there's exploits to fly around just enough for you to see the unreachable places in the game, so even if i get flying i've already seen everything that i couldn't as a ground mount peasant.

none really. as usual its too little too late.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Flying has only really applied to small parts of WoW. Leveling (apart from Cataclysm and a few other zones) dungeons (apart from Occulus,) raids (apart from phase 3 Malygos), BGs, Arenas and most of the end-game daily zones (Isle of Quel'danas, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle) were all designed to be tackled from the ground. The only time flying content was really made a significant part of gear progression was the MoP release dailies/rep grinds which were very poorly received compared to the later (non-flying) patches which managed the incredible feat of increasing subs mid-expansion.
    Woah woah woah!

You're really trying to imply that flying was at fault for the poor reception of Rep grinds locked behind rep grinds? And in the same paragraph implying that No-Flying was credited for the increase of subscriptions and how well received the no-flying islands were?

wow dude....just....wow.....

How well those situations were received by the community had absolutely NOTHING to do with flying, and everything to do with the acquisition of gear. The only way in which flying(or non-flying) could possibly have impacted that acquisition is by effecting the window of time required to complete the daily quests. Timeless isle is the poster-child of easy loot. It was even referred to by most people as "Loot Island", allowing players to obtain a full set of raid-ready gear within the space of about an hour. Isle of Thunder allowed players to farm like madmen, and even allowed the aquisition of Honor and Conquest points via PVE quests. Gosh...why ever would THAT be popular?

Literally ANY improvement over the terrible rep-grind daily quest system of MoP launch was going to be well received. To suggest that flight had anything to do with it is disingenuous at best, and an outright fabrication at worst. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your post was just poorly worded.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-20 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Cataclysm had flight in its first half, and was praised throughout the first few months of its release. WoD didn't have flight in the majority of the expansion and overall it was poorly received. Correlation?

Or maybe flight has little to do with how people value content overall.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-20 at 10:24 PM.