Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ^^^^ there is alot of private server players who said even if blizz made legacy servers they would still play private servers, because they dont want to support blizz, dont wanna pay money, or think blizz will fuck it up, or dont wanna start fresh AGAIN
    Im sure ppl like that likely exist, but as a player who spends sometimes too much time on forums about classic and other places, i have never seen anyone say this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ^^^^ there is alot of private server players who said even if blizz made legacy servers they would still play private servers, because they dont want to support blizz, dont wanna pay money, or think blizz will fuck it up, or dont wanna start fresh AGAIN
    That's the main reason why people who actually played in vanilla (and by that i mean that he've got to max level, have been to the raids and was a part of at least discussion of raid strategies instead of being that one shaman who is there to drop mana tide) don't want to play on private servers. You don't want to start fresh again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Im sure ppl like that likely exist, but as a player who spends sometimes too much time on forums about classic and other places, i have never seen anyone say this.
    I'm not sure if i'm going to be infracted for saying this - but you can hear this shit 24/7 in barrens chat of one really popular private server. Literally everything he said is repeated there on daily basis
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    ive asked alot of people and there was some polls done awhile back
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The pro-legacy is big enough to have different views.

Even last week when nostalrius dropped the bomb i saw several ppl commenting exactly that, that they don't care for oficial servers and despise blizzard.

And then there is the segment of ppl who actually crave official servers and would be willing to sub them.

I'm more on the later, but i completly understand the arguments of the 1st group. They find blizzard unreliable to at this point, even if they wanted, provide a genuine blizzlike experience, specially without the online shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's the main reason why people who actually played in vanilla (and by that i mean that he've got to max level, have been to the raids and was a part of at least discussion of raid strategies instead of being that one shaman who is there to drop mana tide) don't want to play on private servers. You don't want to start fresh again

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if i'm going to be infracted for saying this - but you can hear this shit 24/7 in barrens chat of one really popular private server. Literally everything he said is repeated there on daily basis
    Why buy the milk when you get the cow for free?

...that's exactly the parable Blizzard faces with official Legacy servers. It's not like the current PS communities will suddenly vanish into the ether the second Blizzard says, "Yeah, we're doing this. Oh, and there's gonna be a sub fee, too."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is an amusing post when I realise that I remember you posting in some other Vanilla-related thread that you apparently never played Vanilla and never got to experience the exclusivity and so on.
    I started in BC but everything i said BC still had those things.
    I love the game up until WotlK. From there everything changed to what it is nowadays. Specially in late Cata.

I find it comical the grasping at straws of the anti-legacy and their incredible ability to double-think ANYTHING in order to be able to attack Vanilla whatever the angle.
    I mean, half the complaints about pro-Vanilla people on the official forums is how they spam the forums about it, the other half is about "they play on private server it only because it's free".

Guess what, people need an active account to post on the official forums. I'll let this sink a bit in the (delusional) hope that it might suddendly starts some realization.

Deleted
    In classic WoW it was very very easy to be better than 99% of all other players. Even now some people claim leveling in classic was "hard" or "the goal". If I would play on those illegal servers neither leveling nor mechanics would mean anything. I think classic content is easily been cleared in 3-4 weeks inclusing losing interest because it would be about finding certain players with a certain class that did farm a certain resistance - that's all what could any current top 10k guild stall for cleaning it in said time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I find it comical the grasping at straws of the anti-legacy and their incredible ability to double-think ANYTHING in order to be able to attack Vanilla whatever the angle.
    I mean, half the complaints about pro-Vanilla people on the official forums is how they spam the forums about it, the other half is about "they play on private server it only because it's free".

Guess what, people need an active account to post on the official forums. I'll let this sink a bit in the (delusional) hope that it might suddendly starts some realization.
    Using the official WoW forums (or any forum, for that matter) as the basis of any argument is incredibly short-sighted. Forums represent a very small portion of the community and very rarely reflect the views of a majority of players. Most people simply don't give a fuck about Legacy one way or another.

What made Classic better? We were younger, and we had played fewer hours / days / years.
    Have you really tallied up that /played time on all characters? You can measure it in years now, we've given this game so much.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Using the official WoW forums (or any forum, for that matter) as the basis of any argument is incredibly short-sighted. Forums represent a very small portion of the community and very rarely reflect the views of a majority of players. Most people simply don't give a fuck about Legacy one way or another.
    Yeah yeah, making gratuitous claim is a solid argument if it goes in the way of one's argument, evidences are simply anecdotal and not relevant if they go against.
    Business as usual in legacy threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    In classic WoW it was very very easy to be better than 99% of all other players.
    God, you didn't really put a lot of thought in that one, right ?

Deleted
    God, you didn't really put a lot of thought in that one, right ?
    I have a lot more Gods than you. So you will lose if that's all you have to say.

Yeah yeah, making gratuitous claim is a solid argument if it goes in the way of one's argument, evidences are simply anecdotal and not relevant if they go against.
    Business as usual in legacy threads.
    Forums are breeding grounds for circular arguments and echo chambers from both sides. How you think what happens on forums is evidence of anything substantial is beyond me. I mean fuck, I'm not even strictly arguing against Legacy... I'm arguing against the seemingly endless waves of shitty arguments pro-Legacy supporters make to try convincing people their movement is more important than it actually is. I have nothing against Legacy. I believe Blizzard should make official servers but only after they've finished the retail storyline and have moved onto new projects. (Many "anti-Legacy" folks are labeled as such for sharing my perspective.) On the other hand, the people arguing loudest for Blizzard to make them right fucking now represent a very small, yet extremely vocal portion of the community.

WTB a MMO with no instances, no cross realm/server content, limited realm/server transfers, hard/group-focused content, and FFA PvP.

At least in Vanilla WoW I had some idea of who the other people on my server were. Now I barely know anyone except guildies.

I also liked how Vanilla WoW had really large dungeons (especially BRD, BRS) ... but still hate how they were instanced. I get tired of how every dungeon is a cookie cutter, linear 20 minute experience.
    Last edited by Ayania; 2017-01-20 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Forums are breeding grounds for circular arguments and echo chambers from both sides. How you think what happens on forums is evidence of anything substantial is beyond me. ...snip...snip...snip.... represent a very small, yet extremely vocal portion of the community.
    Everybody is yelling and nobody is listening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Makes sense, thats actually a place i havent been recently.
    Altho barrens chat has its reputation. Im not saying that they dont exist, im just saying that its a bit bold statement to say there is a lot of those.
    But who knows, i certainly would like a official vanilla server and would gladly pay for the usual price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayania View Post
    At least in Vanilla WoW I had some idea of who the other people on my server were. Now I barely know anyone except guildies.
    Well the reasons for this are many. CRZ, name changes, level boosts and just plain fast leveling. If leveling your character requires about 200 hours and you can't rename it, move it and there are no shortcuts you're gonna see a lot of the same people around. There won't be as many alts because you've invested a lot into your main character and don't really have time to do it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    What made Classic better? We were younger, and we had played fewer hours / days / years.
    Have you really tallied up that /played time on all characters? You can measure it in years now, we've given this game so much.
    So the fact that I prefer the old Metallica albums over the new ones is only because I was younger when I heard them and hadn't been exposed to as much music as I have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Everybody is yelling and nobody is listening.
    If you have proof that a majority of players who don't bother to read forums, create accounts and participate in discussions have an opinion about Legacy which wavers further than, "Eh, guess they'd be cool" or "I don't really give a shit," I'd be interested in hearing it.

The very concept of forum communities requires an opt-in impetus which most players simply do not have. And why should they? It doesn't matter to them because they don't care. But no, let's completely ignore this fact. We need to believe the browbeaten and eternally martyred pro-Legacy group. They know what's best for the community. They're the voice for the people who don't care! There are billions, maybe even trillions of players out there with their hands in their wallets ready to give Blizzard a bukkake shower of $100 bills the very second they say "Yes" to Legacy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Well the reasons for this are many. CRZ, name changes, level boosts and just plain fast leveling. If leveling your character requires about 200 hours and you can't rename it, move it and there are no shortcuts you're gonna see a lot of the same people around. There won't be as many alts because you've invested a lot into your main character and don't really have time to do it all again.
    more likely his ignorance of his own servers pve progression or lack of interest in it. Unless top guild was showing that it's a top guild into his mouth - he won't know it. Ask me which guild is top on my realm? Well its either Эйфория or Фьюжн. Ask anyone who is doing mythic content on Soulflayer you'll get same answer. Or some other guild like Волны Гасят Ветер. But him not knowing his own realms top guilds - again, it speaks about the person, not about the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    So the fact that I prefer the old Metallica albums over the new ones is only because I was younger when I heard them and hadn't been exposed to as much music as I have now?
    Yes, and because you was exposed to more positive memories back in time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.