Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.2 updated visuals?

Anyone been able to get onto the PTR and seen what visuals they have updated so far?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Anyone been able to get onto the PTR and seen what visuals they have updated so far?
    since they stated it's really early in the development, i wouldn't expect anything noticeble yet.

for bm they probably are gona give us a big shiny..... whistle

I'm expecting it to be more aimed at Survival, it's a very visually dull spec and could do with some flashy animations imo
    Warlock

I'm expecting it to be more aimed at Survival, it's a very visually dull spec and could do with some flashy animations imo
    Hopefully they'll at least give Fury of the Eagle it's own animation instead of using the Fists of Fury one.

not that survival does need some vamping up on the animations, but compared to BM, it's freakin amazing lol, i keep whistling left right and center :/

But yeah, all 3 specs could use a few interesting animations of their own, but to be honest, on a nature/wild themed spec i'm not really sure what they are gona come up with that's "flashy"

Moongoose bit could actually do with some severed arms flying since it's what the tooltip says, but that might be a tad too gore for wow xD

I logged very briefly last night, but server was very unstable and I was disconnected every few seconds. At least for Survival I was able to hit a dummy a few times, and didn't notice anything new.

Tried to spec MM, but server got worse, so i gave up and went to bed.

I don't think Survival needs a lot of work. Animations are already new, just need some effects on attacks (specially Mongoose). I hope MM and BM get more interesting shot effects.

Survival got all new animations already from the melee animation update that was part of legion launch. I doubt they are talking about them.

They are more likely talking about how arcane arrow has no animation and just shoots from your chest sans bow. Or how you look like you are having a seizure if you run while casting barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    since they stated it's really early in the development, i wouldn't expect anything noticeble yet.

for bm they probably are gona give us a big shiny..... whistle
    give me a sec why i put my big gun away and call a pet out...then take my gun out again.

Its like 10 sec we call TIME OUT..so we can do something. I totally agree, the animation for dire beast is stupid. The person behind it should be ashamed.

I have a feeling BM may be a big contender here.

What with the borked animations everytime you summon a dire beast or use kill command.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I have a feeling BM may be a big contender here.

What with the borked animations everytime you summon a dire beast or use kill command.
    Indeed let me just pistol wip myself with my gun as I summon a dire beast or kill comand looks prettly terrible atm.

Yeah really hoping they redo the dire beast and kill command animations, they are both really bad (just /shout or /roar emotes that any character can do) and break any other animation that should fire after them. Also cobra shot is pretty terrible looking, the resolution on the snake head is very low.

For MM I'd suspect arcane shot as #1 contender, although sidewinders is also a terrible animation for a new skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on the official forum was saying Cobra Shot now has an animation of a snake slithering to the target. I thought that was pretty neat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it needs some love, but as a BM Hunter we literally haven't had any animation outside of the icon that shows up on Kill Command since our pet started turning red in Vanilla 1.7.

There are so many shots that sound exactly the same. I couldn't even tell you what the Kill Command icon is that shows up when you hit it, and we've had it for over a decade now. Cobra shot is a really low quality snake I'm pretty sure. And that's pretty much it. Multi-shot has no animation and is hard to notice if it even went off sometimes. Volley is like what... some really bad 2D arrow heads that fall from the sky. They're so ugly they almost blend into whatever you're hitting.

What does the pet do? He turns red on Bestial Wrath and then what? I don't even think they get big anymore, and I know for a fact they don't get as big as they use to be.

I think A Murder of Crows is the highest quality animation we have in the entire game.

Deleted
    I really hope they change how your carry guns when not using it. Would be awesome if your character could carry your gun with both hands in front of you instead!

I hope they change the visual of the SV spec, its obviosly bugged and needs changing. I mean it should be grayed out not to confuse people with an actual hunter specialization.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR server is down until tomorrow morning. I'll try to snag some videos of the changes when I get up.

Rifles could be carried on the shoulder like Brewmaster Monks carry their artifact weapon.

Wonder if they have the old Multi-Shot animation (and the code for it would be even nicer) from pre-Barrage days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Servers are up (kind of!) so hopefully we'll get some videos soon, sadly I'm not home until tomorrow night so can't check it out myself yet
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Someone on the official forum was saying Cobra Shot now has an animation of a snake slithering to the target. I thought that was pretty neat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it needs some love, but as a BM Hunter we literally haven't had any animation outside of the icon that shows up on Kill Command since our pet started turning red in Vanilla 1.7.

There are so many shots that sound exactly the same. I couldn't even tell you what the Kill Command icon is that shows up when you hit it, and we've had it for over a decade now. Cobra shot is a really low quality snake I'm pretty sure. And that's pretty much it. Multi-shot has no animation and is hard to notice if it even went off sometimes. Volley is like what... some really bad 2D arrow heads that fall from the sky. They're so ugly they almost blend into whatever you're hitting.

What does the pet do? He turns red on Bestial Wrath and then what? I don't even think they get big anymore, and I know for a fact they don't get as big as they use to be.

I think A Murder of Crows is the highest quality animation we have in the entire game.
    BW doesn't even cause redness anymore, it's now a stupid thing where it looks like Tang got splashed on you and your pet. I desperately wish they'd give us a glyph so we could get Big Red Pet back.

Arcane is a big purple arrow. Barrage looks more like the old one. Sidewinders also shoots like a multi shot of arrows with the snakes. Black arrow seems bigger.