Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Also, doesn't Ice take up more mass than water (since ice is water in an expanded solid state)? So wouldn't the ice level reduce more than the resultant water level would increase?
    Most of that ice is sitting on land, though, not in the water. When it melts, it will flow down into the water, and increase sea levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why would you want to shift iPhone production to the US? Do you like paying more for things?
    Given the profit that is in these things, you could make them in germany by grey bearded virgins with 50 years of professional experience and still turn a profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if its just a "website change in progress" kind of thing...

Forget all that jargon. The ice is helping to cool the planet. If you remove it all it will increase temperatures exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Good, we will not continue to hurt our economy and workforce because of doomsayers.
    By doomsayers, you are referring to over 97% of the scientific community.

So instead of hurting our economy and workforce, you instead want to hurt your children and their future I take it?

Sorry but the jury isn't out on this unlike what a lot of people try to say. The jury is more out on if 2Pac and Elvis is still alive or not at this point.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Four more years!

OT: Good riddance, was no fair from countries like China to outcompete us in economics with lesser(none) environmental regulations.

If you have a better idea how to shift Iphone production from there to US I am all ears though.
    Yes soon we can all wear masks outside so we can breath too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can't not be Crissi.
    Who is this Crissi? I'm a pretty moon princess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It is. It's basically a swap of "Obama's website" with "Trump's website". I'm more interested in what actually goes onto Trump's version.
    In which case, no cause to panic, yet.

Ah, I would have thought that more water with higher temperatures would evaporate more water, which in turn would create more rain.

Also, doesn't Ice take up more mass than water (since ice is water in an expanded solid state)? So wouldn't the ice level reduce more than the resultant water level would increase?
    Its more about the displacement of water. I'm not good at explaining complex science things, so I'll just link an explanation, here. The gist is that winds will slow down, concentrating rainfall in certain areas.

Not all ice is in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Who cares what either side says, both sides are acting like shit flinging monkeys while the nation is going down the drain by the minute.
    Finally some sense from you I actually agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Given the profit that is in these things, you could make them in germany by grey bearded virgins with 50 years of professional experience and still turn a profit.
    Question is would you turn as much profit? Unless yoir suggesting Apple should be happy making less...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Where do you think all that extra water is going to? You know, the massive quantities currently forming huge sheets above the ocean?

Do you think these things through before you speak or do you just let the words dibble out while your mouth hangs open?
    I know where it is going to go, it is going to equalize itself out across the entire globe. I never said it wouldn't.

My question was in regards to whether more land would become available than what got covered by water. As Ice takes up more space in its solid form (it is liquid that expands when it becomes solid) than water does when a liquid.

It is almost impossible for someone to die due to the water level going up, contrary to what people are being told.

You know what you do if the water levels rise? You move.

It is not like all of the sudden one day, the sea level is going to rise 100 feet and drown people. It is going to go up inches across years.

Does it suck if people have to move? Yeah, it does. But it will not kill them.

Deleted
    What's the issue. I'm sure most of the Nazi ideology was thrown away when they were defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is my surprised face.
    http://www.snopes.com/white-house-we...trump-changes/

Meanwhile in "you all are gullible dipshitsville".......

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    Its more about the displacement of water. I'm not good at explaining complex science things, so I'll just link an explanation, here. The gist is that winds will slow down, concentrating rainfall in certain areas.

Not all ice is in the water.
    Ah ok, so basically while some areas will become tropical, others will essentially become like a desert.

I guess that would be bad, since people can't survive in a desert climate.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yeah, solar, in a lot of states, already blows coal etc. out of the water.
    Sounds good, more electricity would be good. It will still take time for people and organizations to afford the upfront investment model though. Or for the rent/lease solar businesses to get more competitive offerings.

Ah, I would have thought that more water with higher temperatures would evaporate more water, which in turn would create more rain.

The air can only absorb so much water, that is typically what we refer to humidity and why the higher it is during the summer the hotter it feels like because the harder it is for your sweat to evaporate and carry the heat away with it and why during the winter a 0 humidity cold you can take care of with a light jacket and a 80% humidity cold you feel to the bone.

Ice naturally floats too and ends up resulting in lower overall water levels. As it melts, the water levels go up far more than even evaporation could take care of. Also when the temperature is high enough, even with 100% humidity you wouldn't get much rain as it is still too hot for the water to condense.

We have icesheets that are miles thick and if melted would actually raise the levels tremendously.Especially when you take a look at just how much land mass is only a few feet above sea level.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Who cares what either side says, both sides are acting like shit flinging monkeys while the nation is going down the drain by the minute.
    "Make America Great Again, and All Hail the Mighty Kek whilst The Nation Burns. Am i doing this right? Being, "Edgey", like very other trump shitposter?"

You don't say?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The air can only absorb so much water, that is typically what we refer to humidity and why the higher it is during the summer the hotter it feels like because the harder it is for your sweat to evaporate and carry the heat away with it and why during the winter a 0 humidity cold you can take care of with a light jacket and a 80% humidity cold you feel to the bone.

Ice naturally floats too and ends up resulting in lower overall water levels. As it melts, the water levels go up far more than even evaporation could take care of. Also when the temperature is high enough, even with 100% humidity you wouldn't get much rain as it is still too hot for the water to condense.

We have icesheets that are miles thick and if melted would actually raise the levels tremendously.Especially when you take a look at just how much land mass is only a few feet above sea level.
    Ahh ok.

Thank you. That makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It is. It's basically a swap of "Obama's website" with "Trump's website". I'm more interested in what actually goes onto Trump's version (or rather doesn't).
    Stop using logic! Trump is trying to stifle the truth and smash free speech. He'll be a fascist dictator who brings down the world with him. We need to fear, and cry and hug each other, and scream about how Trump will be causing our extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Are the people that voted for Trump, the ones that got hurt by globalization, going to increase productivity, or is it the liberals in the two states conservatives hate, New York and California, that have to do that?

Somehow, I doubt the current chaos is going to increase productivity in the two most liberal states. Hopefully the red states can prop up the economy for the next 4, to 8 years, while the conservatives keep calling liberals "libtards" in CA and NY.
    One state! You guys in Cali plan to become part of Mexico again or starting your own country soon I hear.