Page 1 of 2
LastLast

fury of the burning sky vs aran's ruby

so 860 aran's ruby vs 875 fury of the burning sky , which one is better? to me they look the same , i dont understand where the gain is from those 15 ilvls.

Aran's was nerfed into the ground, so the fury should be a ton better, no comparison.

Aran's proc does about 2% of your damage while Fury does about 4%, they're both pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Aran's proc does about 2% of your damage while Fury does about 4%, they're both pretty bad.
    Does this mean fury has a much higher proc rate? i guess it becomes much better on aoe fights + mythic+ too? also is it better than 860 arcanocrystal?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-01-19 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Does this mean fury has a much higher proc rate? i guess it becomes much better on aoe fights + mythic+ too? also is it better than 860 arcanocrystal?
    860 Arcanocrystal is significantly better. the 2% and 4% numbesr I gave was what I was getting in M+ runs, it'd be less on single target.

Deleted
    Over the duration of a whole 12+ Arcway (raging,necrotic,add damage) my 860 Aran did still do 4,6% damage, thats pretty much the number I see all the time.
    On bossfights, it's actually enjoying a higher proc rate due to bloodlust and stuff.

It's RNG but it's certainly not lower than 2% on ST, because that would mean only 1 proc per M+ bossfight or something, which is rather rare.
    In my example run, it did:

9,8% on General
    1,1% on Nal'tira
    5,3% on Corstilax
    4,5% on Ivanyr
    4,1% on Advisor.

611k DPS overall damage throughout the whole instance, so it's far from perfect but still pretty decent.
    I'd still pick a 880 version of it instantly over most other stuff. The mastery on it carries it, at least if you got the chest it's still viable and not "bad".

edit: honestly, I'd probably pick both for M+ (if you have the nightbane chest and are using it)
    Especially on weeks that are not "Tyranical", because both add and boss encounters are still bursty, even in the +12-15 range.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-19 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Over the duration of a whole 12+ Arcway (raging,necrotic,add damage) my 860 Aran did still do 4,6% damage, thats pretty much the number I see all the time.
    On bossfights, it's actually enjoying a higher proc rate due to bloodlust and stuff.

It's RNG but it's certainly not lower than 2% on ST, because that would mean only 1 proc per M+ bossfight or something, which is rather rare.

9,8% on General
    1,1% on Nal'tira
    5,3% on Corstilax
    4,5% on Ivanyr
    4,1% on Advisor.

611k DPS overall damage throughout the whole instance, so it's far from perfect but still pretty decent.
    I'd still pick a 880 version of it instantly over most other stuff. The mastery on it carries it, at least if you got the chest it's still viable and not "bad".

edit: honestly, I'd probably pick both for M+ (if you have the nightbane chest and are using it)
    Especially on weeks that are not "Tyranical", because both add and boss encounters are still bursty, even in the +12-15 range.
    Or you can use stat sticks and actually do a lot better.

Deleted
    Since 1500 agi is a mere 5% of my overall agility, no, it's not a lot better. It's pretty much equal.

What about the mastery/haste/crit? Or do they not compute? Accept the fact that Ruby is dead and move on.

Deleted
    You mean the mastery which is also on Aran's?

If it isn't Arcano, it isn't really better (if at all). Especially if it's not a mastery stat-stick

edit: That is, if you are using the nightbane chest.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-19 at 10:18 PM.

Anyone know if someone has done some trinket sims for multiple targets?

I have 890 fury, 860 Aran's (with chest), and 860 arcano to play with (other slot is convergence of fates so that's not going anywhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Ledzee View Post
    Anyone know if someone has done some trinket sims for multiple targets?

I have 890 fury, 860 Aran's (with chest), and 860 arcano to play with (other slot is convergence of fates so that's not going anywhere).
    http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

9,8% on General
    1,1% on Nal'tira
    5,3% on Corstilax
    4,5% on Ivanyr
    4,1% on Advisor.

It's got a .9 RPPM. Unless you're on tyrannical, boss fights shouldn't last longer than a minute, thus 1 proc per boss fight would be the "expected".

Deleted
    In a zergfest that is spellblade normal, my 905 fury did 8,45% of my overall damage which was practically equal to volley so it can certainly be crazy good for aoe.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=27
    Last edited by mmoce0d9e2b50c; 2017-01-20 at 08:35 AM.

wtf is this? is this for mm only or bm aswell? i cant believe it ranks bloodthirsty instict so low , i currently have 3 trinkets , bloodthirsty 865 arcanocrystal 860 and fury 875 , so based on this link arcano>fury>bloodthirsty , i also have hard time to believe that convergence of fates is bis for bm , do you have a sim for bm?

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm it appears this sim is for mm only , bloodthirsty is much better for bm and fury is bad for bm , convergence is one of the best for both.

Convergence's PPM is spec based, as BM its the second highest PPM of all specs. With AotW being so valuable during killer cobra windows the trinket is clearly BiS as it is for alot of classes. Although I wouldn't prioritize the trinket to BMs, others still gain more from it.

PPMs per class (7.1.5.23360):

Frost Death Knight: 6
    Unholy Death Knight: 4.98
    Havoc Demon Hunter: 4.35
    Feral Druid: 6.72
    Beast Mastery Hunter: 8.4
    Marksmanship Hunter: 6.72
    Survival Hunter: 4.5
    Windwalker Monk: 6.3
    Retribution Paladin: 4.2
    Assassination Rogue: 3.51
    Outlaw Rogue: 8.4
    Subtlety Rogue: 9
    Enhancement Shaman: 9
    Arms Warrior: 3.3
    Fury Warrior: 5.16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's got a .9 RPPM. Unless you're on tyrannical, boss fights shouldn't last longer than a minute, thus 1 proc per boss fight would be the "expected".

The first proc doesn't happen after 50 seconds, so it's 2 most likely or more.

The first proc doesn't happen after 50 seconds, so it's 2 most likely or more.
    Well no. At .9 RPPM, you expect a proc every 66 seconds. You get a proc on pull, and boss lasts under 1 minute, and you're left with 1 proc for the fight on average. Likewise, you can't guarantee a proc on pull, as you've just been doing trash, so it's even less of a chance you'll get 2 per fight.

Deleted
    You are really trying hard to disagree for no particular reason

Haste and haste buffs increase the RPPM, you are not running around with 0 haste, and it's not even said that bosses last under one minute, because that literally depends on the group. And even if they do only last 1 minute, how/why the hell does it even matter?

Not sure where the problem is, the 860 version does about ~4-4,5% overall damage and that's it (with chest). The ~1,500.000.000 damage Nighthold log I did today before I got Convergence of Fate pretty much confirms this.
    The % numbers I mentioned a few days ago on arcway too. It doesn't differ a lot from that, you have outliers in both directions over short duration engagements, obviously.

This makes it pretty much equal to a mastery/agi statstick (of the same itemlevel).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-20 at 11:42 PM.

You are really trying hard for no reason

Haste and haste buffs increase the RPPM, you are not running around with 0 haste, and it's not even said that bosses last under one minute, because that literally depends on the group.
    I'm not "trying hard for no reason". If you want to keep using the trinket, feel free. Doesn't matter to me. Point is you generally shouldn't expect more than 1 proc per boss fight, so it's pretty garbage for single target. Even with 15% haste which is what you'll probably have on gear, it's still only going to proc about once a minute. The only things that'll significantly affect it is bloodlust and trueshot, and realistically you shouldn't be using trueshot on bosses (the damage it does on AOE pulls is beyond incredible, so you want to use it to mow down as many packs as possible to speed up).

As for bosses being sub 1 minute, Idunno, I figure groups doing +12 are decent players. If it's not tyrannical, it shouldn't be much more than a minute unless you fucked something up.