Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Youtube subscribers - Anything good you recommend?

I've been browsing socialblade a bit hoping to discover new youtube channels to subscribe to. So far I went as far as going trough top 100 for my own country (Denmark....dont bother, nothing good) and only found one that was just a little bit interesting...

Also looked on top most viewed, and sub category of tech....nada so far.

Just looking for some suggestions what you people might like

I really like

Linustechtips and there other 2 channels

Science channels, the once where they draw stuff is kinda fun...any science channels you know?

All Vsauce channels

Filthyfrank, pewd's when he's not playing games, gradeaundera, phillip defranco, Dave and John and similar info/knowledge channels

It probably depends a lot of taste, I'm also subbed to gaming channels for games I like (Mostly for Age of empires 2, a older RTS), but yea...ill leave those out
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

If you like LinusTechTips you may also enjoy JokerProductions or TechCity. TechCity does a lot of interesting budget builds with used parts along with news on new upcoming stuff. They both do a podcast as well.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

I like Lindsey Stirling's channel. Her music is great. Also brave wilderness is good.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I used to like the Game Theory channel but now its full of other stuff I don't particularly care about. I watch comics explained to try and keep up with comic storylines I've missed but he has a science channel as well called Rob Explains.

Edit: NVM Rob Explains is just a channel where he explains random things.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2017-01-20 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks all Keep it coming hehe! Youtube is slowly becoming my biggest entertainment besides streaming TV series now and then etc. No normal cable TV atm, hell I stream normal TV as well because the deal was cheaper than regular :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks all Keep it coming hehe! Youtube is slowly becoming my biggest entertainment besides streaming TV series now and then etc. No normal cable TV atm, hell I stream normal TV as well because the deal was cheaper than regular :P
    BBQ pit boys is good too if you want something that will make your mouth water.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

For great commentary and banter i suggest NorthernLion, if you want something gaming related. The Northernlion Live Super Show, or NLSS are great every single time.
    NL and ItmeJP's RollPlay series are pretty much the only things i watch on YouTube these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rosanna Pansino: Adorable baker, makes nerdy themed bakes and will soon be my wife.

Lindsey Stirling: Amazing violinist, seen her play live and I'm going to see her again soon, she's THE SHIZ.

Jenna Marbles: expert level troll. An old school Vlogger, puts up some very very funny stuff.

JennaJulien: a related channel. Jenna and her BF Julien release podcasts once a week, they range from the VERY serious and thought provoking, to Conspiracy Theories and guests.

Emergency Awesome: Nerdy TV reviews, has some solid insights and great info.

CharlesISanimeWORLD: A good friend of mine, does surprisingly good Manga reviews, mostly Shokugeki no Souma AKA THE GREATNESS!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGaroStudios - Puts out the best Doctor Who trailers, vids, clips, etc. 5 platinum screw drivers.
    You cared enough to post.

Gopher for his immersive roleplay-throughs of RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Rosanna Pansino: Adorable baker, makes nerdy themed bakes and will soon be my wife.

Lindsey Stirling: Amazing violinist, seen her play live and I'm going to see her again soon, she's THE SHIZ.
    Love Lindsey Stirling's music so much. Saw her in July in concert. Met her at the meet and greet too. She's a good person who sticks to her values.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Love Lindsey Stirling's music so much. Saw her in July in concert. Met her at the meet and greet too. She's a good person who sticks to her values.
    Yeah, it's always great when you meet someone you've idolised for a long time and they're JUST as nice as you always hoped. Was that for the Brave Enough tour that you saw her?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, it's always great when you meet someone you've idolised for a long time and they're JUST as nice as you always hoped. Was that for the Brave Enough tour that you saw her?
    Nah it was music box tour. She started the Brave Enough tour right after though. Unfortunately when she came through town again I couldn't go because of classes and work.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExTt4j69zI
    these guys are awsome nerds like me xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Nah it was music box tour. She started the Brave Enough tour right after though. Unfortunately when she came through town again I couldn't go because of classes and work.
    Ah fair enough. Tbh, I actually wavered a bit buying these tickets, I liked Brave Enough... But the number of Vocal tracks put me off a litte.

At the end of the day though... Lindsey. So I picked them up XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Cody'sLab is quite entertaining.

3Blue1Brown
    CrashCourse
    VSauce
    Veritasium
    CGP Grey
    SciShow
    PBS Spce Time
    PBS Infinite Series
    NerdWriter1
    MinuteEarth
    MinutePhysics
    Mathlogger
    Darkmatter2525

and all of Brady's channels of course.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-01-21 at 04:31 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nerdwriter- Video essays on entertainment, politics, history, film, etc. Great insight, observations and wonderfully presented and delivered. Terrific use of language and video design.

Big Think- Various think pieces (har har) by different scientists, celebrities, politicians, journalists, etc on macro topics; environment, law, business, politics, culture, etc. Great presentation and fairly short. A lot of differing view points to chew on in very compactly delivered videos.

Sam Harris- Philosopher and neuroscientist talks about some pretty important things, basically. Harris uploads his podcast here which are fairly deep and extremely well considered arguments on everything from free will to biology to religion. There is discussion of ethics, morality, emotional intelligence and so on. He also speaks with various guests in the fields of business, science, politics and varying professors and entrepreneurs. Harris is a phenomenally intelligent, empathetic human being who uses language beautifully. Well worth the listen/watch.

In a Nutshell- Funny and well present videos on a number of science-y topics. As the name implies, these are all quick videos that cover a topic in overview. What is remarkable is how complete an understanding one can gain from the short form. It's somewhat like the Reddit's Explain It Like I Was A 5 Year Old in video format.

One Mind Syndicate- Warhammer 40k focused channel. They do short videos that give a decent overview of various factions, persons, worlds, etc within the Warhammer 40k fiction. They also do a weekly Q&A.

Matt Colville- D&D, movies and various video essays on game systems. Matt is a WONDERFUL and highly skilled orator. He has very engaging style and a highly intelligent manner that allows him to discuss everything from Star Wars to D&D to progressive rock with a lot of depth and accessibility. A testament to the power of well organized and leveraged speech.

ProgChatterly777- Another very intelligent orator, Prog focuses on (mostly) older progressive rock records. He doesn't do reviews of these records, per se. It's an open chat/discussion where he talks on both the method and emotion of various records. They are usually about 15 to 20 minutes long. Super smart guy with a very engaging and personable manner. They could sell me on Gentle Giant and that's saying a lot.

Katie Nolan/Garbage Time- US Sports focused comedy show. Taken from the FSN show, they place their weekly podcast here which is a very fun and informal sports discussion. There are also various clips from the main show that are quick and funny- 2 to 5 mins.

H3H3Productions is probably my favourite youtube channel right now

Theres tons of good youtubers, but its quite hard to find ones that are both high quality + upload regularly (multiple times per week)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Mathlogger
    This is awesome. Thanks for the recommendation!