Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The infernal mount looks bad because it recycled the gronn skeleton.

I also don't like the new infernal model because while it is higher rez, it lost all its flames.

The same is the case with the 7.2 dreadsteed, it's glowy but has no flame trails.
    it was the same skeleton but actuallty no longer is
    if you go look at the new videos of it, it is its own unique skeleton

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    The model will be updated. Even if the trail of fire will have high res texture, it will still look awkward when "flying".
    again you keep saying that but you havent seen it... so your using "omfg 8 years ago they added a flying mount, this one will be the exact same"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was the same skeleton but actuallty no longer is
    if you go look at the new videos of it, it is its own unique skeleton

- - - Updated - - -

again you keep saying that but you havent seen it... so your using "omfg 8 years ago they added a flying mount, this one will be the exact same"
    Why cant you accept that people just do not like it?

Because they've got such a great track record with upgrading visual effects and the likes And if you kept on reading, even with an upgraded visual trail, it will still be awkward when flying.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Frankly? Because they're opinions of alternatives kind of suck. Like the guy that harped on for ages about how the Infernal mount wasn't an infernal and how it should have been the class mount. How the FUCK would that bitch fly anyways? Way more awkwardly than a running horse, that's for sure. Or the horse should have wings? In all fairness? Not that stupid of a suggestion but still, would look incredibly awkward. Invincible for example looks fantastic stationary, and flying... sort of... But running, it has a severe case of the derp.

This mount will be a fine replacement for my Ghastly Charge. It has no wings, and it's a fantastic flying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    Frankly? Because they're opinions of alternatives kind of suck. Like the guy that harped on for ages about how the Infernal mount wasn't an infernal and how it should have been the class mount. How the FUCK would that bitch fly anyways? Way more awkwardly than a running horse, that's for sure. Or the horse should have wings? In all fairness? Not that stupid of a suggestion but still, would look incredibly awkward. Invincible for example looks fantastic stationary, and flying... sort of... But running, it has a severe case of the derp.

This mount will be a fine replacement for my Ghastly Charge. It has no wings, and it's a fantastic flying experience.
    Every running mount in WoW has a severe case of the derp because your character is completely stationary while riding and he has his hands as if holding reins but those reins don't even exist.

It's just a really outdated engine that they've tried to give new coats of paint over to lessen the obvious need for modernization.

Maybe in the next few xpacs they'll go over spraypainted armor and some physics.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-01-20 at 11:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    because
    A. alot of people dont
    B. im fine with people not liking it, what im not fine with is people giving opinion as fact like "its just a reskin" or "its gunna have horrid flying visuals" when no one knows yet
    C. when people make sujestions that they in their head think would be cool but in practice are fucking stupid... Examples

Doomguard, where would you sit? make me some concept art or explain where you would sit on a humanoid creature

Infernal that curls into a ball when it flies and crashes into the ground when landing then reassembles itself, yes it sounds cool but the isssue with landing animations is they need to be fast, if it crashes to the ground and needs to put itself back together
    1. your either stuck waiting for it to combine itself, stupid and annoying
    2. its chunks slide around on the ground well you run and it plays the reassembly animations, and
    3. when your flying off it would need this weird long animation were it converts, and then you would just become a copy of the mage disc where your flying around on a floating saddle well the infernal ball rolls around under you...

because
    A. alot of people dont
    B. im fine with people not liking it, what im not fine with is people giving opinion as fact like "its just a reskin" or "its gunna have horrid flying visuals" when no one knows yet
    C. when people make sujestions that they in their head think would be cool but in practice are fucking stupid... Examples

Doomguard, where would you sit? make me some concept art or explain where you would sit on a humanoid creature

Infernal that curls into a ball when it flies and crashes into the ground when landing then reassembles itself, yes it sounds cool but the isssue with landing animations is they need to be fast, if it crashes to the ground and needs to put itself back together
    2. its chunks slide around on the ground well you run and it plays the reassembly animations, and
    3. when your flying off it would need this weird long animation were it converts, and then you would just become a copy of the mage disc where your flying around on a floating saddle well the infernal ball rolls around under you...
    You're saying people's thoughts are stupid because they're presenting opinions as facts, and then cite some ... opinions of yours, presented as facts ? I don't think any of what you're describing would be as bad as you describe, and even if they were I don't think they'd be that annoying. I'd take transition animations (doesn't have to be an infernal, whatever) over having a 6th demon horse mount and 2nd flying demon horse mount.

And we already have humanoid mounts, several from WoD (Gronn, Yeti). It would be a little more hunched forward - just like the Infernal mounts are compared to regular Infernals - but you'd be riding its neck/shoulders, just like those WoD mounts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You're saying people's thoughts are stupid because they're presenting opinions as facts, and then cite some ... opinions of yours, presented as facts ? I don't think any of what you're describing would be as bad as you describe, and even if they were I don't think they'd be that annoying. I'd take transition animations (doesn't have to be an infernal, whatever) over having a 6th demon horse mount and 2nd flying demon horse mount.

And we already have humanoid mounts, several from WoD (Gronn, Yeti). It would be a little more hunched forward - just like the Infernal mounts are compared to regular Infernals - but you'd be riding its neck/shoulders, just like those WoD mounts.
    what are the other 4 demon horses

so we have
    1. felsteed (looks nothing like it)
    2. Dreadsteed (same species)
    3. headless horsemen (can fly well the others cant)
    4?
    5?
    6. this mount

notice your point though

It would be a little more hunched forward - just like the Infernal mounts are compared to regular Infernals - but you'd be riding its neck/shoulders, just like those WoD mounts.

now go back and see how i said the infernal is in the game but the guy was crying saying he dident want this "horrible hunched over version, he wanted one that stood straight up like our pet"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Its not the look, its the animation. Infernals stand straight with big broad shoulder.. these guys are like elderly infernals all hunched over. They need a cane, not a saddle.
    stated here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    OK well, then I'll be more specific since apparently "infernals" are akin to "dogs" now and you can have a Pug which looks nothing like a German Shephard.
    So I'll be more specific and say I want a LOCK INFERNAL mount. That looks just like the INFERNAL THE LOCK CAN SUMMON except with armor/saddle. Also, flight mode on it would be turning into that meteor before they crash and you can fly around on a LOCK INFERNAL meteor.
    this is a bad example ^^^^ we call all cats cats even though they look drastically differant, its called creatures of the same species can look very differant, look at snakes, birds, lizards, theses are INFERNALS they are a RACE they can look DIFFERANT

and here both saying they want us to ride up standing humanoids because humanoids have little space on the upper region to sit on
    where a hunched over creature has lots of room

so here we have the normal infernal from above, look at how much free sitting space you have ontop of it (now reminder this is at a very steep angle)

and here is the mount, now its hard to see, but the body has much more space, the whole body (instead of less then half) is flat along the top, the infernal has this peak

like this

/lo with the peak being /l and the head the o

the mount infernal is more like this

___o with its back flat, and its head infront, allowing for a saddle to be on its back, if this saddle was placed on the same place on the infernal it would look INSANE you might aswell has a floating disc above the head and that would look even more stupid
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-20 at 11:45 PM.

Attumen and Rivendare mounts are the ones I was thinking of, Rivendare is more a skeleton mount, but aren't there actually two Kara demon horse mounts now ? Either way.

I'm not saying they look the same, I'm saying they don't touch enough new territory. 6 demon horse mounts in the game, 3 of which will be Warlock specific. That's too many of a pretty nice type.

And I'm not the person who doesn't like the Infernal mount being hunched over, so I'm not sure why people having different opinions means both our opinions are invalid ? In your opinion, I mean. Your opinion seems to be that no one who dislikes it has a valid opinion.

edit: I've made my points on the matter clear, I'm done.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Hey. Heyheyhey. Whatever we have, at least it's not on the protodrake skeleton like the warrior mount. Poor warriors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Attumen and Rivendare mounts are the ones I was thinking of, Rivendare is more a skeleton mount, but aren't there actually two Kara demon horse mounts now ? Either way.

I'm not saying they look the same, I'm saying they don't touch enough new territory. 6 demon horse mounts in the game, 3 of which will be Warlock specific. That's too many of a pretty nice type.

And I'm not the person who doesn't like the Infernal mount being hunched over, so I'm not sure why people having different opinions means both our opinions are invalid ? In your opinion, I mean. Your opinion seems to be that no one who dislikes it has a valid opinion.

rivendare is a skeleton mount, not a demon mount
    also the new midnight is also not a demon horse it is a undead mount
    but i did forget the orignal kara mount so 4 of them

and what im saying is we have a infernal mount allready, and something like a doomguard hunched over would look rather bad, and get even more complains

there is valid complaints, like lack of colouring, less spikes, the tail seems abit basic, no super cool effects (like the preist one) but we dont know what the flight effects look like yet so

The kara demon horse is red, my death knight was so disappointed since Alliance death knights don't have a single modern deathcharger horse, they're all Horde mounts.

Not a single blue/green color skeletal/demon horse for alliance, just the outdated and skinny death charger which draenei and worgen and male humans look stupid on.

A demon observer of the demon kind like the final boss of karazhan should be the warlock mount in my opinion.

I'd rather not have recycled bosses/mobs as a mount, thanks. Original assets pls.

because
    A. alot of people dont

Why would i make you some concept art on a doomguard mount? That would be as dumb as that infernal mount imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The infernal mount looks bad because it recycled the gronn skeleton.
    And yet has completely unique animations...

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would i make you some concept art on a doomguard mount? That would be as dumb as that infernal mount imo.
    and thats why it shouldent be a thing, people will hatre it the same they hate this mount, and the same they hate the infernal, no matter fucking what, a thing will be hated, and those people will tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    And yet has completely unique animations...
    Still looks like a hunched over gorilla ;(

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Woops, sry fixed it. The funny thing was after I posted I read my message and remembered a bit of confusion as I thought I had quoted a different person. I had originally flagged one of your posts with Multi Quote and later deleted that portion. I must have removed the wrong Quote=

Never said it wasn't, but you knew that. The existence of different infernal skins in this game doesn't change my opinion that the posture and movement of the one they chose for these mounts is terrible.
    Why are you replying to Felplague? He's one of the most "special" MMO-C posters. Better go around to ignore this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother, mate.

so your fine with it running on the ground... but not the sky? why?
    Because horses running on the ground looks perfectly natural, while running through the sky looks awkward and out of place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.