Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    However, stopping everyone who is, for example, black, because blacks are above average in terms of crime levels - that is a no go.
    Yes, and it is illegal in Germany (unless they are actively searching for a specific, dangerous person who they know is black).

Quote Originally Posted by Tofusteak View Post
    so you use racial profiling to filter them and find the islamists.

stell es dir vor wie aussieben. es gibt keine simplere und effektivere methode islamisten zu finden.
    es ist halt am effizientesten eine klare definierte personengruppe zu überprüfen.
    rassistisch? ja, aber es ist der effektivstes preventive schutz. und mir ist die sicherheit wichtig
    Yes, and there is no more effective method to make sure the islamists can slip by unchecked, either.
    The intend is not to catch and take revenge on as many of them as possible but to let as few of them as possible slip by and endanger the public.
    Racial profiling only opens up more holes for terrorists to slip in unchecked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Criticizing people who advocate for racial profiling or other excessive police powers in the name of security.
    Looks more like you are lashing out randomly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I'm catholic and this has nothing to do with antisemitism.

A soldier attacking a soldier should not be called a terrorist attack.
    A guy shooting 77 children because of some political bullshit should most definitely be called a terrorist.
    Really? So if someone comes to your city, finds the nearest soldier and beheads him to SPREAD THE TERROR, what is it?
    A honeymoon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We're not oppressing Fryslan.
    But if we were, and a Frysian soldier stabbed one of our soldiers, that would be a normal attack.

No wonder you people think all terrorism is done by Muslims
    I guess one of the requirements of terrorism is that the attacker has to believe in Allah?
    Actually, I'll play by your rules.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    But what should i expect from a Reichsbürger?
    Are levying insults on someone your only way of arguing? You really really must like making shit up. Being this obtuse and self righteous is a dangerous combination. Personally any interaction I had with you was nothing but toxic.

I fully acknowledge the sovereignty of the German state and the GG as the founding stone of our laws, our "constitution" if you so will. I made this perfectly clear to everyone BUT YOU. How a healthy mind can even get the idea to put me into that group is beyond me.

You have managed to exactly address nothing. Your REFUSAL to educate yourself in the matter of the question "does police action such as approching an individual on the basis of a xenotype in which ever fashion consistute a violation of his rights and thus is a matter for public court?" in ANY shape or FORM makes arguing with you on the basis of facts not only meaningless but IMPOSSIBLE.

Handwaving is a strategy, not an argument. Please cite the numbers of the ongoing legal cases "for being seperated", as the burden of proof that they exist is on you.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-01-20 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Personally any interaction I had with you was nothing but toxic.
    Probably you should leave your nationalist filter bubble first then, before you ask others to "inform themself".

I am not interested to continue any discussion with you. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Not the way it is translated.
    They checked everyone.
    But as it sometimes happens people arrived in groups of friends and someone took a picture of one such group that happened to look "north african".
    That is the picture that promised the most interesting reaction thus it was the one we got to see.
    To my knowledge they did not check everyone but explicitely looked out for groups of Northern Africans.
    The original tweet from the police (in english): https://twitter.com/polizei_nrw_k/st...20504760487937

They state that they control "Nafris" (which means "Northern African multiple offenders"), not that they controlled everyone.
    If the reports I am reading are correct there were two exit doors of the main hall of the train station. Who was sent through the right door got controlled, left door could go on with their business. Male persons with black hair and brown skin were sent through the right door, blonde, white, and/or female persons were allowed to go through the left door.
    One Report of this: http://www.n-tv.de/politik/Wer-feier...e19445146.html (german source)

If it works why not do it?

I see a lot of moral arguments but few logical ones. It aids law enforcement efficiency to use racial profiling so they should.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If it works why not do it?

I see a lot of moral arguments but few logical ones. It aids law enforcement efficiency to use racial profiling so they should.
    What if racial profiling turns previously law abiding citizens into criminals? Or partly violent protesters, as we can currently see in the US?

If you treat people like criminal outcasts they might sooner or later become criminal outcasts.

And again, there is a difference between:

"let's control all people with a bomber jacket and a shaved head"

and

"let's control all people with a bomber jacket and a shaved head, at this specific football stadion, because at the last game we had extreme trouble with that clientele".

The latter happened last New Years Eve. Just replace bomber jacket and shaved head with brown skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    What if racial profiling turns previously law abiding citizens into criminals? Or partly violent protesters, as we can currently see in the US?

If you treat people like criminal outcasts they might sooner or later become criminal outcasts.

And again, there is a difference between:

"let's control all people with a bomber jacket and a shaved head"

and

"let's control all people with a bomber jacket and a shaved head, at this specific football stadion, because at the last game we had extreme trouble with that clientele".

The latter happened last New Years Eve. Just replace bomber jacket and shaved head with brown skin.
    Didn't that prevent another mass sexual assualt?

Look call me naive but I can't see racial profiling being the thing that pushes people into crime. Even if it was for a few extremely vulnerable cases it is proven effective...

This isn't something that we are unsure of we know it has positive effects.

Wonder if Germany has an Equal Protection Amendment.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I don't see a problem with using statistics or some other kind of data to allow for a more streamlined and/ or effective investigative or security keeping method.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Didn't that prevent another mass sexual assualt?

Look call me naive but I can't see racial profiling being the thing that pushes people into crime. Even if it was for a few extremely vulnerable cases it is proven effective...

This isn't something that we are unsure of we know it has positive effects.
    Maybe it did. Personally I have nothing against the second example, as I have nothing against what the police did at New Years Eve.

But of course baseless racial profiling causes a climate of distrust, distrust in the state (which is completely different from being rejected by private organisations, like night clubs or similiar).
    You are living a second rate life in the country you are supposed to acknowledge as your home, just based on your skin color.

And don't underestimate the feeling of being treated unfairly, it's an incredibly powerful emotion that you can even find in animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiU6TxysCg

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Maybe it did. Personally I have nothing against the second example, as I have nothing against what the police did at New Years Eve.

But of course baseless racial profiling causes a climate of distrust, distrust in the state (which is completely different from being rejected by private organisations, like night clubs or similiar).
    You are living a second rate life in the country you are supposed to acknowledge as your home, just based on your skin color.

And don't underestimate the feeling of being treated unfairly, it's an incredibly powerful emotion that you can even find in animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiU6TxysCg
    They are immigrants though they are second class citizens...

I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I think so long as it is beneficial it should be used as the amount of inconvenience is minor.

Lets say that 90% of terrorist acts in USA/EU are commited by arabs and/or muslims.

Is it logical to make sure that specific group of people is thoroughly checked?
    Yes it is logical.

Is it fair and ethical?
    I honestly do not think it is.

But then again i honestly do not care.
    I do not care if someones emotions were hurt if it means preventing the death of my loved ones.
    And i do not care if that makes me a bad person by someones standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Lets say that 90% of terrorist acts in USA/EU are commited by arabs and/or muslims.

Is it logical to make sure that specific group of people is thoroughly checked?
    Yes it is logical.

Is it fair and ethical?
    I honestly do not think it is.

But then again i honestly do not care.
    I do not care if someones emotions were hurt if it means preventing the death of my loved ones.
    And i do not care if that makes me a bad person by someones standards.
    But what if that doesn't prevent the death of our loved ones, but makes it even worse?

Taking your example, the whole idea of ISIS is to spread terror in the west, and they can do that best by recruiting in the west. Their propaganda is all about telling young, insecure people how the west hates them, how they will never be accepted, that they are oppressed and need to join their holy cause.

And now imagine the state formally introduces racial profiling. Arab looking people are heavily controlled at every opportunity, without any specific reason. Skin color is enough, time and place is secondary. What message does that send? You just validated ISIS.

You say you don't care if someones emotions are hurt, but emotions are the only thing ISIS can make use of. Fish for the desperate, the mentally unstable. Those who feel that they are rejected by their society. The society they were sometimes born into.

If racial profiling would solve the issue of terrorism I might even consider it. But I honestly believe it would make things even worse.

common sense is only a problem if you are pushing a false narrative

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Wonder if Germany has an Equal Protection Amendment.
    What exactly would it entail ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Comparing police profiling to North Korea is just...bizarre. You assume that because I hold a certain view, that I automatically see NO MERIT in the opposing view. How tribal can you get? Most rational adults see controversial issues as having pros and cons on both sides. If you want to discuss the specifics of where we are apart, I would be glad to. But, it would seem you simply want to ascribe whatever views you want to me, and then assume I don't understand the counter argument. Why on earth would you do that?
    No, I think you just neglect the negatives of your proposition, as you are, at the moment, only interested in getting the positives. This is a very primitive and dangerous way of thinking. Try playing chess like that some time, thinking only about what's good about your move is (yeeeey, I got an extra pawn!), and not caring much about everything else (dang, I got checkmated!).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Sure it protects them from "being adjusted", as every single law that changes the meaning of the articles that cover human rights covered in articel 1 and 20 actually are invalid.

Those articles are set in stone. You arent able to change articel 1 and 20, and the articles they cover. You also not allowed to create a new basic law which wont implement article 1 and 20.

Really, ask a lawyer. And dont act as if you would know anything about laws.

Actually, turning germany back into a fascist country as like the AFD would like would be automatically illegal. Means, you as a citizen had the right to fight for your rights, including violence and resistance.
    Dude, I just quoted you part of the Bundesgesetzblatt in which Art. 3 specifically was altered. Rofl.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.