Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Low Tech Pizza Places

Just curious if anyone else has similar franchises around them.

We order from a place called Marcos Pizza.

Its still a standard delivery chain, but I would put them much higher than the usual Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Papa Johns type places.

You put your order online and then you can track it being made and then delivered. I never noticed it till recently, but apparently their drivers use some sort of GPS App tied to their website and I can literally track them once they leave the store to en route. The past two times I watched this, the GPS was pretty damn accurate within a minute or two of their arrival.

Title edited because "This is why we can't have nice things" discussions.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-21 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dominoes does that here

I've tried ordering from marcos on several occasions from several different stores. Every time their pizza is sitting in a puddle of grease. it's fucking gross.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

A lot of restaurants and take-aways do that here in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Its still a standard delivery chain, but I would put them much higher than the usual Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Papa Johns type places.
    All three of them do that in my area, SoCal
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I've tried ordering from marcos on several occasions from several different stores. Every time their pizza is sitting in a puddle of grease. it's fucking gross.
    Dunno, we only order from one specific one since its near by. Never had an issue.

Dominos on the other hand would be a crapshoot if it came hot (we were first delivery on the route) or luke warm. So we stopped ordering from them.

I know Dominos has Pizza Pete which tracks it being made, cooked, then out for delivery, but last I ordered (couple months ago) there was no gps tracking feature for the driver.

Dominos is as high tech as it gets here. But the best pizza comes from Sal's or Steve's Pizza which only take phone orders.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious if anyone else has similar franchises around them.

We order from a place called Marcos Pizza.

You put your order online and then you can track it being made and then delivered. I never noticed it till recently, but apparently their drivers use some sort of GPS App tied to their website and I can literally track them once they leave the store to en route. The past two times I watched this, the GPS was pretty damn accurate within a minute or two of their arrival.

... Being able to order and track a pizza online is high tech now? Damn, I've been a high tech kinda guy for like 10 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    ... Being able to order and track a pizza online is high tech now? Damn, I've been a high tech kinda guy for like 10 years now!
    You've had pizza places with GPS tracking for 10 years?

That is not high tech.

Oh god I know it wouldn't take long for the semantics people to show up.

Here we go. This is why we can't have nice things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont think ive ever seen anywhere here with GPS tracking, most ive seen is just something telling me when its out for delivery
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I want pizza now, I blame you @TITAN308

10+ Year Old Account
    You've had pizza places with GPS tracking for 10 years?
    Well they have had cheap GPS in cars since like the early 2000s and expensive GPS in cars since like the early 90s.

Its 2017 mang. Ten years ago was 2007.

Not much good pizza delivery around here, let alone "high tech" ones. Ironically the best one was a greek restaurant (no delivery though), but the owner caused some midlife crisis family drama and now they are closed and their cook is back in grece. I usually end up doing it myself or thow a super market one in the oven if I'm super desperate + lazy.

What's Hi-tech about this? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well they have had cheap GPS in cars since like the early 2000s and expensive GPS in cars since like the early 90s.

Its 2017 mang. Ten years ago was 2007.
    Sigh.

The topic is about pizza delivery places using gps tracking apps, not the actual invention of GPS. I mean really...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    What's Hi-tech about this? Genuinely curious.
    I changed the title, because you guys are bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.

The topic is about pizza delivery places using gps tracking apps, not the actual invention of GPS. I mean really...
    Yeah an app on your phone maybe, this stuff has been on their sites (depending on what the owners wanted to pay for) for years.

When I was at school (2009), all the pizza places that delivered to the campus had this so you could find the delivery drivers, since driving back into the dorms there were no streets, just parking lots and connecting roads.

When you order from a chain, whether it is Dominoes or Marco's, the quality will always depend on the owner/ manager at the store location you ordered from. One location can be terrible, another location might be great. It all depends on the staff from that location.

I always order from Mom and Pop style pizza stores. They are far better than any of the chains (it's not even close). They don't have an app or gps tracker. I eat pizza all the time though and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah an app on your phone maybe, this stuff has been on their sites (depending on what the owners wanted to pay for) for years.

When I was at school (2009), all the pizza places that delivered to the campus had this so you could find the delivery drivers, since driving back into the dorms there were no streets, just parking lots and connecting roads.
    I guess I really am becoming an old fart.

As a child of 1981 I never imagined it would start this way.

It will probably get worse with time.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-21 at 12:13 AM.