Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    While "never" is a stretch, you should do some research as there was not destruction to this degree even remotely when Obama was elected and hell the celebrations of his election caused as much destruction as the dismay so take that as you will.
    'To this degree'? So they burned one more car and broke two more windows? People love to try and spin this as there's riots everywhere, when it's a few small blips done by stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Throwing a brick through the window of a Starbucks stops it? Stop trying to defend this shit.
    where ever did i defend it? all i said was that there was a root cause. this is abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    oh, so you just enjoy insulting people and stirring the pot. i can think of another word people might call you...
    Just because you don't grasp the fact that your justification for their behaviour is ludicrous doesn't mean you get to claim I'm your favorite little bogeyman.

Not that that'll stop you, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love. - MLK.
    King's peaceful movement is often conflated with a call for being quiet, and would amounted to little if more radical and aggressive sections of the Civil Rights Movement didn't make them seem the more appealing option.

I mean don't get me wrong I used to poke fun at the right a lot back during the Bush era, but they've stayed the same and the left has just reached their level of stupidity so I might mention their stupidity more because of the shock, but at this point the shock has worn off and they're both just stupid.
    Honestly, because the left's extremism is becoming more prevalent, mainstream and injected into media, educational institutions, etc. I focus more on them, but trust me, I've seen enough alt-righters (and the like) that are just as pathetic.

And I understand poking fun at the right back then. Like you said, they were in basically a similar spot as the left is in today; pendulum swinging and all.

I just wish we could make the pendulum stop swinging at all, but I'm guessing that's a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love. - MLK.
    I wonder what Dr. King would think about Antifas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    These aren't "protests." They are riots. Crimes are being committed. Private property is being destroyed.

THIS is a protest...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
    But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear?...It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.
    Please, tell me again about what MLK did and said.

While "never" is a stretch, you should do some research as there was not destruction to this degree even remotely when Obama was elected and hell the celebrations of his election caused as much destruction as the dismay so take that as you will.
    Mostly because Obama had a higher approval rating than Trump did and the only people who protested Obama were racists that burned down black churches and people that were saying "Go back to Kenya" even though Obama was born in the US.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I think that was a joke. This is just people being stupid.
    I know I just want to see what excuses people can come up with for this crap, if you're protesting a government it makes no sense to me to take it out on other citizens, and kinda pisses me off seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Just because you don't grasp the fact that your justification for their behaviour is ludicrous doesn't mean you get to claim I'm your favorite little bogeyman.

Not that that'll stop you, of course.
    you didnt offer any explanation so how can i grasp why i am "ludicrous"?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Please, tell me again about what MLK did and said.
    It's depressing how true that last line remains.

Nothing new. People thinking they are the greater good and voice of reason, when all they bring is hateful speech and questionable means.

you didnt offer any explanation so how can i grasp why i am "ludicrous"?
    I did. Anyone can justify violence to others like that. If I beat you up because you said something that scared me, would you be saying "Well, I scared you so it's justified."

No, you are not responsible for the fear that I create or breed in my own mind, and Trump isn't responsible for the "Omg he's the second Hitler he'll take away all our rights and destroy America and nuke the whole world." bogeyman some of these rioters have created in their mind that drives them to such fear that you claim they are suffering.

Same scum as in BLM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Expected. People don't like not getting their own way.

They'll get bored and go home in a couple of weeks.

I did. Anyone can justify violence to others like that. If I beat you up because you said something that scared me, would you be saying "Well, I scared you so it's justified."

No, you are not responsible for the fear that I create or breed in my own mind, and Trump isn't responsible for the "Omg he's the second Hitler he'll take away all our rights and destroy America and nuke the whole world." bogeyman some of these rioters have created in their mind that drives them to such fear that you claim they are suffering.
    "You are delusional"

such compelling argument. much logic.

so, to reiterate; nowhere did i say it was "justified". only that it has a root cause.
    And trump IS responsible for his own words, which have created that fear.

if i threaten you, then yes i am responsible for the "fear in your mind." that is how communication works.

"You are delusional"

such compelling argument. much logic.

so, to reiterate; nowhere did i say it was "justified". only that it has a root cause.
    And trump IS responsible for his own words, which have created that fear.

if i threaten you, then yes i am responsible for the "fear in your mind." that is how communication works.
    He didn't threaten anyone, he didn't create this fear in people's heads. People themselves took it to the extremes of turning Trump into a bogeyman who would take away all their rights and destroy the world. He is not responsible for that.

And you were justifying it by pretending there was a good reason for there to be riots.

He didn't threaten anyone, he didn't create this fear in people's heads. People themselves took it to the extremes of turning Trump into a bogeyman who would take away all their rights and destroy the world. He is not responsible for that.

And you were justifying it by pretending there was a good reason for there to be riots.
    What would you consider to be a good reason?

What would you consider to be a good reason?
    http://i.imgur.com/Ccto1o0.jpg

The people protesting Trump are a joke. There is no point in trying to rationalize their behavior. They need to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You misspelled 'heroes'.
    I'm sure Hitler was a hero to some people. Just saying...