Page 1 of 2
LastLast

President Donald Trump channels Bane from ‘Dark Knight Rises’ during inauguration

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2951579

President Donald Trump’s new day for America turned into a "Dark Knight."

After he was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States on Friday, the Republican real estate mogul channeled the main villain from “The Dark Knight Rises” during his inaugural address.
    Trump Speech
    “Today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring the power from Washington D.C. and giving it back to you, the people,” he told crowds in front of the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C.

In the third installment of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, the caped crusaders’ rival, Bane, pledged a similar power shift after freeing all the prisoners in Gotham City.
    Bane Speech
    “We take Gotham from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity,” Bane shouts at Gotham’s worst criminals from atop a car, “and we give it back to you, the people.”

It’s not the first time Trump has been compared to comic book antagonists

“Star Wars” icon Mark Hamill has likened him to the Joker — another one of Batman’s rivals — and even read the President’s tweets in the character’s iconic voice. And “Walking Dead” stars Michael Cudlitz and Lennie James have previously compared the Trump to season seven and the graphic novel’s brutal bad guy, Negan.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-21 at 12:00 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What a nonsense news article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about reaching

And mods, can we have a bloody.Trump mega thread already?!

I don't like person X, so I'm going to compare him to any villain I can make work somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I don't like person X, so I'm going to compare him to any villain I can make work somehow
    What are you talking about Bane is freaking awesome especially when he was well written he was smart ruthless and decisive. I don't think Trump has the gravitas or intellect to be a good Bane.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-01-21 at 12:36 AM.

But didn't you know? Trump is LITERALLY hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Yes, very true. At our current rate of "litterally Hitler".Hitler won't be qualified to be Hitler anymore

I actually like Bane.

Yes, very true. At our current rate of "litterally Hitler".Hitler won't be qualified to be Hitler anymore
    kinda like jesus and reagon

but think are people are over reaching on both fronts, who they going to use some historical figure's speech that no one has ever heard as reference, or a pop culture one?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bane Speech was already a parody of speeches like his. Since the entire POINT of Banes speech was to give hope.

This has no substance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good post, A+ overall, could use a little more salt though.

Trump must've seen The Dark Knight Rises on TBS over the weekend while writing his speech.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Does that make Melania Talia?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Does that make Melania Talia?
    Talia is way hotter than Melania but I have a thing for french women.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Don't be stupid. Trump doesn't have a mustache...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Don't be stupid. Trump doesn't have a mustache...
    He does have the hair though. Everybody knows a great dictator has to have a distinct hairstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Talia is way hotter than Melania but I have a thing for french women.
    Talia is average incarnate

Hes a big guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coincidence or not I got a good chuckle out of this on twitter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Coincidence or not I got a good chuckle out of this on twitter.
    It was good for a few giggles, I'll agree