Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Upcoming Class Tuning Hotfixes for Mythic Nighthold

is THIS a joke???

Fire
    Pyroblast mana cost reduced by 20%.
    Flamestrike mana cost reduced by 17%.
    Designer Notes: Under certain circumstances, it was possible for Fire to run out of mana. It's only intended that mana is a constraint on Fire's utility, not its damage.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259429/u...thic-nighthold

i really believe they are 100% trolling...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think i just died a little bit inside

What is the problem?

more important is the 5% damage buff to all arcane spells. I'm assuming almost all mages will be swapping to arcane with 4 set anyways so this is a good thing

5% buff is acopanied by a 15% nerf to overpowered talent, aka burst. Not much of a change overall. We should all bow to our Demon Hunter burst overlords, they are apparently balanced perfectly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    What is the problem?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

?

Fire is on the lower end of middle of the pack. We all already know this. Were u saying it needs to be buffed to top performing spec or something?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire is middle of the pack. We all already know this. Were u saying it needs to be buffed to top performing spec or something?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

What is the problem?
    i've been playing fire since legion launch, NEVER, EVER EVER, have i ran a mana problem as fire.... not even using spell steal to steal buffs....

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    i've been playing fire since legion launch, NEVER, EVER EVER, have i ran a mana problem as fire.... not even using spell steal to steal buffs....
    but you would if you had 4-set and the tw ring

And you are standing in pink pool on elisande

- - - Updated - - -

I still think it will be a net gain i DPS across the board

The only time I run out of mana as Fire is right after switching specs. Haven't laughed this hard after reading class tuning changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekill View Post
    more important is the 5% damage buff to all arcane spells. I'm assuming almost all mages will be swapping to arcane with 4 set anyways so this is a good thing
    you mean 2 set.... arcane 4 set is still yet to be figured out how its any good according to the stuff on Alterered time... Alot of testing with it but it doesn't give you another burn phase before another AP which you already didn't have.. and is basically only useful if you get the worst procs in the world. The 2 set on the other hand is amazing.

Deleted
    This is going to help mages with Leg Hands and/or TW Ring and/or 4part.
    Just because it doesn't help you doesn't mean its not a good thing, running out of mana while only using dammage spell is pretty dumb.

I was simming and when i ran sim for Arcane Familiar, on both the Damage Source pie chart and Abilities sections of results the damage the AF does it self is not being shown. It shows the mana increase but not the damage done by the AF.

Quote Originally Posted by thearken View Post
    This is going to help mages with Leg Hands and/or TW Ring and/or 4part.
    Just because it doesn't help you doesn't mean its not a good thing, running out of mana while only using dammage spell is pretty dumb.
    WAIT, blizzard is fixing something for a combination of a set PLUS legendarys that drops RANDOMLY, and not everyone is going to be able to use that combo???

Sound right....

Meanwhile, Frost mages are being asked to sit out Mythic progression because they are the worst in pretty much every fight....

Hurray 24% buff to Comet Storm...... still won't compete with Thermal Void ever....

WAIT, blizzard is fixing something for a combination of a set PLUS legendarys that drops RANDOMLY, and not everyone is going to be able to use that combo???

Sound right....
    A four set bonus along with Kindling's all it'd take. Throwing legendaries or Erratic Metronomes into the picture just made it that much more pathetic.

Frost is apparently doing even better than fine. Well what do you know.

Sound right....
    I don't get the problem? This needed to be fixed and they have. These are not supposed to be buffs, just fixes.