Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Do the ghosts in Azsuna are walking in the Shadowlands? Nope, they are cursed and can't find rest.
    They are disembodied, their souls can't reach the Shadowlands and they can't find a new vessel so they wander.

Sylvanas, as a Banshee was in the same state, except she was bound to the Lich King's will. Then she found her body back.
    A soul reaching the shadowlands is entirely unnecessary for death itself. The people of Azsuna were still all killed, their souls remained anchored to Azeroth. But they died regardless.

Sylvanas died at the hands of Arthas, then at Icecrown and finally a third time in Silverpine.
    In Icecrown and in front of Gilneas, she truely died and it took Valkyrs' sacrifices to bring her back. A Valkyr had to replace her in the Shadowlands.
    One soul for another, because this death is the only one that count in Warcraft universe.
    No it is not, any necromancer can bring back the dead, without such nonsense, heck powerful necromancers can bring back beings that have been dead for thousands of years without taking their palce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know i would love if Odyn was actual key. As in we find giant door with giant keyhole and Odyn be all like:

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know i would love if Odyn was actual key. As in we find giant door with giant keyhole and Odyn be all like:
    "It's slowly coming this way."

I actually read this the other day, odd twist of coincidence.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Isn't it a bit strange that we assume that the whispers are true?
    The Old Gods would never lie to us, right?

It is indeed more fun trying to interpret the lines if they are tue, but can we really know that they are?

Old gods hide truths in lies or whatever
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This is how we'll go to Argus. Our character models will be stretched to hell in 7.3: "The DRR...DRR...DRR... of Argus"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So with this on the PTR now

New Dungeon - Cathedral of Eternal Night, 4 boss dungeon, normal, heroic, and mythic+ difficulty, use the Aegis of Aggramar to open the way.

It really seems like Odyn will be the key, or at least the reason for something coming up. Not sure if its Burning Legion dungeon, but Eternal Night seems more like something to do with the old gods.

Edit: then other things get posted and turns out im way wrong. Oh well.
    Last edited by Drefanator; 2017-01-20 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am struggling to find a connection between Odyn, Helya or the Old Gods, I overthought it and it made my mind melt.. I've been 32 hours without sleep so please excuse me..

Helya basically rules the Kvaldir.
    The Kvaldir were warring with the Naga in Northrend and Vashj'ir.
    The majority of the Naga are aligned with Azshara/N'zoth.
    Deathwing was an agent of the Old Gods yet Kvaldir aided Deathwing during the spine encounter.
    Naga are using Merciless ones when they abduct Vrykul.

Why would Heylas forces aid Deathwing and the Old Gods at the end of the expansion Cataclysm yet oppose Old God forces in Wrath of the Lich King and the start of Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Why would Heylas forces aid Deathwing and the Old Gods at the end of the expansion Cataclysm yet oppose Old God forces in Wrath of the Lich King and the start of Cataclysm?
    Firstly, the ones aided Deathwing in Gunship encounter weren't Kvaldir. They were living Vrykul. Kvaldir are dead Vrykul belongs to Helya, Valarjar are chosen Vrykul given a stronger form by Odyn. Vrykul-only themselves are neither (some of they worship Odyn / the Titans, some don't, some even hated the Keepers / Titans for supposedly abandoning them to the CoF). In other words, the group aided Deathwing likely had nothing to do with Helya - they probably joined Deathwing force for a similar reason to the Tol'vir: in order to regain their original stone form.

Secondly, the Kvaldir in WoTLK were attacking a lot of things, rather than just the naga. It's true that they started with the Naga, but they also attacked the Tuskarr and had plans to attack us as well. Those Kvaldir were pissed of because a band of pirate graverobbed the Kvaldir's burial ground. Whether it was just their personal's vendetta or they acted under Helya's command, we don't know. However, it's probably the former since I doubt Blizzard thought of Odyn and Helya all the way back then.
    The Vrykul that were fighting against the Naga at the start of Cataclysm were allied to Neptulon based on what they said ("Neptulon will rise and wash your kind from Azeroth!"). Neptulon and the Naga were fighting each other, so it isn't strange that his allies (or followers) fought with the Naga.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    snip
    I already knew all of that, what I was getting at is the conflict of interests between possible old god forces and allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    Il'Gynoth whispers: "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."
    i'm going to guess this has to do sylvanas' plan with the valkyr. they seem to be an entity of light so i'm guessing destroying/consuming/breaking that entity will be a point of balance shift in the story, where void breaks free and begins leaking into azeroth more heavily.