Page 1 of 3
LastLast

More hunter buffs inc next reset

Combat Experience (Pet Passive) now increases the damage of primary pets by 60% (up from 50%).

Designer Notes: This is primarily a damage buff to Beast Mastery, but will have a tiny benefit to Survival and occasionally Marksmanship as well.

Arcane Shot now generates 8 Focus (up from 5).
    Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (up from 2).
    Sidewinders damage increased by 33%.

Designer Notes: Marksmanship has given a lot of feedback that the rotation often winds up casting too many consecutive Focus generators. We are making two changes: first, helping avoid that problem by increasing the Focus generation of Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot. Second, making it more attractive to use Sidewinders in more situations, for players who prefer the pacing of the rotation with that talent.

Hmm, I wonder how this will effect talent choices and rotation.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I believe most of the focus regenerated when we fire an arcane shot is from passive regen during its GCD.

Seems like a pretty strong buff to BM

As one who really likes the rotation now in 7.1.5 with the SW-build I really like these changes. Maybe I even like trick shot build better now that I dont need to spam so many arcane shots :P

Small good changes

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    its an 8% buff. Simmed dps going from 498 to 538 , Its pretty big to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    I have NFI how your sim jumped that high..

Statistically, that seems impossible, from 50% - 60%, on one pet. Hati is uneffected and so is your own character.

Unless my brain isn't working this close to waking up.

Quote Originally Posted by druxx View Post
    I have NFI how your sim jumped that high..
    Indeed, I was adding hati damage too. Main pet is like 56% so a 10% buff to him would be 5.6% + hati's kill command ( which is based on your main pet's kill command damage) which is another 6%.

So it would be a 6.2% buff. it will still jump to 528k tho. Its quite the big buff

For those curious, taking values from logs from the past two resets, the Sidewinders buff seems to be about ~1.5% singletarget, and ~3% AOE for me personally. Results may vary, but hey, it's better than nothing. No clue or intention to map out arcane shot giving more focus, the SimC guys can do that much better than napkin math.

Deleted
    Indeed, I was adding hati damage too. Main pet is like 56% so a 10% buff to him would be 5.6% + hati's kill command ( which is based on your main pet's kill command damage) which is another 6%.

So it would be a 6.2% buff. it will still jump to 528k tho. Its quite the big buff
    I hope so because i just get desperated seeing what DPS i output on 90+ precentage phrase for my item level range

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I hope so because i just get desperated seeing what DPS i output on 90+ precentage phrase for my item level range
    I'd hate it to break it to you though, even though its a pretty nice buff , it still wont be enough though. We are still behind mm's and they also got a buff. One thing is certain though, this buff will increase the distance between stomp and dire frenzy but once we get the 2 pc dire frenzy become useless again in any situation. lets hope blizzard notices this.

Deleted
    I'd hate it to break it to you though, even though its a pretty nice buff , it still wont be enough though. We are still behind mm's and they also got a buff. One thing is certain though, this buff will increase the distance between stomp and dire frenzy but once we get the 2 pc dire frenzy become useless again in any situation. lets hope blizzard notices this.
    Well there is still some bosses where i preffer to stat BM like Trillix Scorpid Botanist but there are also others who MM shines too Elisandre and Guldan so i will most likely use both specs only problem here is to grind out all that 40 mln AP to max up the both artefacts

Since you mentioned stomp I been meaning to look it up, but haven't found what I wanted. Is stomp worth it? I ask only because I notice when I summon the dire beast it summons it a between me and the mob so majority of the time it'll stomp when it comes out and doesn't seem like it hits it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Since you mentioned stomp I been meaning to look it up, but haven't found what I wanted. Is stomp worth it? I ask only because I notice when I summon the dire beast it summons it a between me and the mob so majority of the time it'll stomp when it comes out and doesn't seem like it hits it at all.
    thats a bug usually related to different terrain. If your stomp cant find a clear path to reach the target it will not stomp it correctly. You can overcome that by maintaining a distance of 25 yards. That usually does the trick. And yes Stomp is worth it whenever there are more than 2 targets for it to hit ( like in most cleave or aoe fights).

thats a bug usually related to different terrain. If your stomp cant find a clear path to reach the target it will not stomp it correctly. You can overcome that by mantaining a distance of 25 yards. That usually does the trick. And yes Stomp is worth it whenever there are more than 2 targets for it to hit ( like in most cleave or aoe fights).
    Well I know in general it was worth it, but if stomp doesn't hit the targets then it doesn't become worth it if that makes sense. Yeah I've tried dps'ing close to them (near melee'ish) and even range. When I'm even near melee he spawns off to the side and stomps, regardless of terrain as I've had it due it in every zone, instance and raid. Maybe it just hates me =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    It's approximately 2.5% buff overall..

Let's say your pet does roughly 40% of your damage in any encounter, your main pet, the one you have named and tamed, hati and dire beasts are not affected.

Your main pet does 100dps, the old combat experience buffed it with 50%, that makes it 150dps, the new one is 60% which makes it 160dps, that's an 6.66% increase to your main pets overall damage, and the 40% multiplied with 6.66% ends up in 2.664% of total increase. This value varies a little from encounter to another, but it's close to 40%. Repeating myself, only your mainpet, not Hati, not Dire Beasts.

Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (up from 2).
    Great, now please restore the pre-Barrage Multi-Shot targeting so it actually hits a whole moderate spread pack.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if only this said "Marksmanship" and "Vulnerable"...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Designer Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more that Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.

As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by rawi View Post
    It's approximately 2.5% buff overall..

Let's say your pet does roughly 40% of your damage in any encounter, your main pet, the one you have named and tamed, hati and dire beasts are not affected.

Your main pet does 100dps, the old combat experience buffed it with 50%, that makes it 150dps, the new one is 60% which makes it 160dps, that's an 6.66% increase to your main pets overall damage, and the 40% multiplied with 6.66% ends up in 2.664% of total increase. This value varies a little from encounter to another, but it's close to 40%. Repeating myself, only your mainpet, not Hati, not Dire Beasts.
    Try check out pet dps % with dire frenzy, it is highest single target dps talent at the moment.

Plus Hati's kill command is a x% copy from main pet, if your main pet got buff then there is very high chance hati will buff too, depend on how they code in hati's damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    Try check out pet dps % with dire frenzy, it is highest single target dps talent at the moment.

Plus Hati's kill command is a x% copy from main pet, if your main pet got buff then there is very high chance hati will buff too, depend on how they code in hati's damage
    And according to that you'd only use it on 2 bosses in NH and it's not even the "go to"-talent for me anymore for those 2 so. And that math isn't based for "very high chances"..

So still, 2.5% - 3% buff depending a little on the encounter.
    Last edited by mmoc846ab22caa; 2017-01-21 at 07:16 AM.