Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Upcoming Tuning for Pallies

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Retribution
    Crusade now increases damage and Haste by 3% per stack (down from 3.5%).
    Blade of Justice damage increased by 20%, unchanged in PvP.
    Designer Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more that Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.

As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations.
    Poor us /sigh

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't come as a surprise. Trimming the fat before Mythic so it doesn't come down to which guild can stack the most Ret Paladins even with the trinket nerf.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Poor us /sigh
    Poor you indeed. Shouldn't have topped the meters in the first week of Nighthold then, should you?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=90

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Poor you indeed. Shouldn't have topped the meters in the first week of Nighthold then, should you?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=90
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=183435/retribution

15% nerf to crusade bonus damage and haste, 20% bonus to blade of wet noodle. Bit of a nerf, can we maybe have our trinket restored?

fucking blizzard.

They are buffing the rppm of CoF for ret so it will probably end up not changing anything if you have the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    15% nerf to crusade bonus damage and haste, 20% bonus to blade of wet noodle. Bit of a nerf, can we maybe have our trinket restored?
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...65373?page=1#1

Partially. I doubt it'll be back up to its original value, but it'll go back up a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    They are buffing the rppm of CoF for ret so it will probably end up not changing anything if you have the trinket.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.

So far, I'm not seeing any evidence of it though.

Let's hope for the best.

This is a good change overall. Crusade was way too strong which is the reason that CoF could not be balanced for ret before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    Because people won't be dying on mythic progression, right...

Same reason why angerboda trinket is so inflated in value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    It makes more sense this way than making the trinket super worthless because of crusade. They were supposed to rework crusade in 7.1 already, then they scrapped the idea and never touched it again, at least until now.

Atleast they said they would be making some adjustments to convergence. So with that (hopefully) good again, with the dps and insane utility, should be top tier in raids still.

So we should be balanced around people in our raid constantly dying every week because they decided to give us a silly buff based on it? Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
    So we should be balanced around people in our raid constantly dying every week because they decided to give us a silly buff based on it? Good lord.
    Uhm no but I'm fairly certain the dps numbers rets are pulling are not because of this buff. It "helps" I guess but... if you can't see the problem from looking at WoL then I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    Did I miss something? What I read on the front page was 3% per stack vs 3.5% perstack, hence 45% @ 15stacks versus 52.5%, a 7.5% nerf? Where is the 15% coming from?

10+ Year Old Account

Same reason why angerboda trinket is so inflated in value.
    Then logically, they should have nerfed the retribution passive, not our only viable talent on the lvl 100 row.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by wellsdaddy View Post
    Did I miss something? What I read on the front page was 3% per stack vs 3.5% perstack, hence 45% @ 15stacks versus 52.5%, a 7.5% nerf? Where is the 15% coming from?
    45/52.5 ~= 15%

Crusade is roughly 15% weaker than it was before.

I gotcha, I thought someone was suggesting it was dropped 15% in damage. Thanks for the clarification.

Time to get a sacrifice ready every time I use crusade now so I don't feel as nerfed.

So they give our most important talent row an unviable talent, a weak talent, and an OP talent. Their solution? Nerf that OP ability, compensate with single target damage but not aoe damage.

Secondly, it is unfortunate that we lost exciting talents like holy avenger, final verdict, sanctified wrath, and to a lesser extent empowered divine storm etc, which were all interesting because they affected our rotation, particularly those that affected wings. Whereas Crusade is the same rotation, but a bit faster, and now that is even being slowed down.

More importantly, it is absurd that we are being tuned around the retribution passive talent, when a) we were told that would not be the case and b) that damage increase will not be as prevalent after the first week or so of the tier (when more people are dying on these new fights).
    Last edited by Titans; 2017-01-21 at 07:54 AM.