10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    @Crackleslap

I saw that mafia role card. What Tom Brady ever do to you?
    HHAHAHA I made just for xskarma! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Seriously, even as a Seahawk fan that lost to them by 1 yard in the biggest stage, I enjoy our bouts with the Patriots since they are always so stupidly down to the wire. I have far less love for the Steelers myself.
    People talk about that Butler play, but Brady patented the formula to beat the Seahawks defense in the 2nd half. That shit was used well into 2015 by opposing teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    People talk about that Butler play, but Brady patented the formula to beat the Seahawks defense in the 2nd half. That shit was used well into 2015 by opposing teams.
    From what I could tell it's how the Falcons attacked you in the first game this season too. Lots of shifty RB's out of the backfield taking underneath routes and trying to gain YAC. Brady in the Superbowl did the fancy work to Gronk and Edelman, but Vereen racked up 10 catches while moving chains. That's more than 25% of the passes Brady completed (he went 37 out of 50).

Unrelated (but related) I fear the Texans have also given teams the right approach (blueprint, dirty word) to attacking this current Patriots offense (or more specific, O-line). That middle of the O-line is very young and inexperienced and especially our C Andrews is susceptible to guys with the speed to get him out of position and the power to make sure he can't correct his mistake.

Most of my time this week on idle moments has been spent worrying about how the Steelers might try to take advantage of that. I *think* they won't have the personnel to do it anywhere near as effective as the Texans, but still....you worry.

- - - Updated - - -

I should probably add that I wasn't ignoring the Brady banter, but I'd already PM'd Crackleslap about it (including Brady gif with waggeling eyebrows).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for everybody to get injured after playing 56 games in three years? I thought that was the Patriots' scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Wait for everybody to get injured after playing 56 games in three years? I thought that was the Patriots' scheme.
    True, but it worked when the Seahawks were healthy the following year aside from the Kam holdout in the Chargers game.

Though I have not rewatched SB49 for obvious reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Rams, a 4-3 team, hired Wade Phillips, a 3-4 coach, and the Chargers, a 3-4 team, hired Gus Bradley, a 4-3 coach.

Maybe you guys could... Idunno, trade?

No idea why, but the Bills are hiring Rick Dennison as their OC. He has spent his whole coaching career as basically Kubiak's personal assistant (maybe not even that, not sure anyone knows what he actually does), and the one game he called plays this year was a disaster. Glad he actually got a job without Kubiak and hope he has success, but that could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So the Rams, a 4-3 team, hired Wade Phillips, a 3-4 coach, and the Chargers, a 3-4 team, hired Gus Bradley, a 4-3 coach.

Maybe you guys could... Idunno, trade?
    There are very very few teams that only use a 3 man front, most of the 3-4 teams use both 3 and 4 man fronts, and the Chargers are one of those.

Wade on the other hand, is one of those few that almost never uses 4 d-lineman. Could be a rough transition depending on who they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Wade on the other hand, is one of those few that almost never uses 4 d-lineman. Could be a rough transition depending on who they have.
    Who do the Rams have? Oh, only the best 3-technique DLineman in football... yea... I am not without trepidation, but Wade has had success with similar players in the past. Doing some research, McVay has already come out and said Donald will stay as a 3-tech so maybe I shouldn't worry too much? Nope, its the Rams, time to keep worrying.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots over Steelers.

Tom Brady has had some bad playoff games lately. Broncos, Texans. Here's the Big story: If Brady lays another egg against Pittsburgh this weekend, Mr. Kraft and Bill are going to be having some "talks" this offseason. The writing is all on the wall. We know of Bellichek's philosophy towards not getting infatuated with players. Brady has had a downtrend in playoff games. It's all there.You need to move on from aging QBS sooner or later. You think the Pack knew Rodgers would become the legend he is when they moved on from Farve? It may be time to move on with Garapallo. Also, as much as I hate to say it, I like Pittsburgh as an underdog here. They're a solid bet to break the trend at Gilette. Only thing keeping me from betting my own money with co-workers is Big Ben's stats outside of Heinz and the coaching edge Bill has over Tomlin.

One final note: We all know what Julian Edlemen meant with his "That's how they're ran" comment.

Falcons over Packers.

I had an easier time making this pick than the Pats one. Arguments for Packers over Falcons pretty much amount to "Aaron Rodgers is Chuck Norris, so the numbers mean nothing." Rodgers is only one man. Atlanta is red hot offensively, their defense is under the radar (they're 15th in D in their last 8 games), and it's the last game in the Gerogia Dome. Rodgers won't go punch for punch with Atlanta for 4 quarters. The real story is how the Falcons got here: Under the radar moves in FA to shone up their offense and a draft and develop model for the defense. Jury won't be in until a few years to see if they really have something or if it's just Shanahann magic. But it's an interesting approach.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-01-21 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been watching all NFL things (previous seasons) over the past week and I've discovered this gem of a play.

Bloody glorious!

(What the actual fuck?)

Also, can confirm American Football is now my favorite sport! ^_^
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-01-21 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    So, I know they are eliminated and all and I should probably focus on the remaining 4 teams, but do you see any hope in the Seahawks being a threat in the next few years? Unless something changes, they seem like a team that can make the playoffs fairly consistently but get consistently eliminated once in as well. We need an O-line as well as depth in safety.
    What makes you think otherwise? Their defense will no doubt remain top notch, and their offense has a foundation in Wilson and Baldwin they can build off of.

Seattle needs to realize that a great O-line is a must for deep runs. Look at the teams in the mix right now:

1. Pittsburgh: Fantastic O-Line. 2 Pro bowlers and everyone else above average. IDK if you've noticed, but David Decastro is a monster.
    2. Atlanta: Fantastic O-line. Notice how Atlanta shriveled up after their 2012 run? Look at their O-lines over the last few years. Nabbing Alex Mack, developing Jake Matthews, and acquiring average guards made a huge difference.
    3. New England: Not great, but good enough to get the job done. I thought highly of the Bengals' O-line until this year. Interestingly enough, Dalton has the 2nd quickest release in football (second only to Brady). I think Brady's release, like Dalton, masks a lot of the inefficiencies of their front 7.
    4. Green Bay. Look at how much time Rodgers has had in the pocket when they started their hot streak. Nuff said.

Seattle isn't shy when it comes to FA signings. Sign Kevin Zeitler in FA and they're off to a good start.

Jadeveon Clowney was fined $18k for his roughing the passer penalty he got on Brady.

Pretty ridiculous, but it's the NFL. What else can you expect?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Johnny Manziel is Back & Sober

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...der-return-nfl

Johnny Manziel says he has achieved sobriety without professional assistance and is determined to resume his career in the NFL.

He wasn't a bad QB when playing for the Cleveland Browns..

I he worth the Risk?? I say Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Clots have fired Ryan Grigson, former executive of the year for taking the #1 clear pick overall.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's about time. "Let's keep drafting WRs and the like when we really need an offensive line because our star QB can't have more than 1.5seconds to throw." Seemed to be his line of thinking.

Well. I'm getting pizza again for tomorrow. Not Pizza Hut, just pizza from a regular place.

All these playoff games are making me a super fatty. I'm already planning what I want to eat on Super Bowl day lol///

10+ Year Old Account
    Clots have fired Ryan Grigson, former executive of the year for taking the #1 clear pick overall.
    No idea why they waited so long with this, it;s been the offseason for ages, and even the 49'ers are pretty much done with their coaching and GM search.

From what I've heard they seems to be promoting someone from inside the building, loved by the coaches. It also seems the coaching staff is safe.

All in all I don't really get it, since the coaching staff gave us this beauty:

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    So I've been watching all NFL things (previous seasons) over the past week and I've discovered this gem of a play.

Bloody glorious!

(What the actual fuck?)
    What the fuck is about right. I laughed harder at this one then the butt fumble when it happened. That should tell you enough.

Also, can confirm American Football is now my favorite sport! ^_^
    That didn't take long!

Now we just have to convince you to drop your interest in smack talking the Patriots, cause that didn't take long either. Just stick to the Falcons and shit talk the Panthers and Saints or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then they took TEs with the next two picks...but they made sure to grossly overpay only one of them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Patriots over Steelers.

Tom Brady has had some bad playoff games lately. Broncos, Texans. Here's the Big story: If Brady lays another egg against Pittsburgh this weekend, Mr. Kraft and Bill are going to be having some "talks" this offseason. The writing is all on the wall. We know of Bellichek's philosophy towards not getting infatuated with players. Brady has had a downtrend in playoff games. It's all there.You need to move on from aging QBS sooner or later. You think the Pack knew Rodgers would become the legend he is when they moved on from Farve? It may be time to move on with Garapallo.
    lol...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    lol...what?
    He's 39.

10 char.