Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wowhead posted the warlock set. The normal mode versions are direct HD remakes of the original tier sets it looks like. The mythic versions are a little altered with special effects.

I think it's pretty cool

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259437/w...mor-set-models

Aye, just spotted them. Added the Warlock one to the opening post so people can compare. Still, thanks for the head's up. I'll show them here too:

Old Tier:

New Tier:

Mythic Version:

Click >>Here<< for all the different color variants.

Its cool, but I can't help but feel sorry for hunters, rogues and mages

Yep. 100% recycled.

Lazy blizzard.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Okay. Seems MMO-C has now datamined all of them. You can find them here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...mor-Set-Models.
    These are way too many images for me to post, so check em out!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The revamp of the Warrior one is probably the best.
    Butts.

Wow....man. Druids...I'd like to apologize for the garbage set you got.

But since my hunter set is just as bad, I won't. xD

I am disappointed.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I'm not a fan of this. These aren't "inspired by" T6, they're simply uprezzed versions of T6. The difference in the mythic versions is nice, but that should have been the starting point, imo.

It's a shame, too...because I really like how some of the armor and weapons on the Suramar elves look. And those could have made some amazing player-character sets.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Straight-up recycled. Including some of the color schemes.

Disappointed is the only word for this.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

::scrolling through Tier 20 models::

"Please don't be reskins..."

I'm not really a fan of any of the remade ones, but that's my personal bias, as I really didn't like any of t6 in the first place. Hence making this thread, really. Curious what others think.

Personal notes:
    I like the Red Monk one a lot. Seems perfect for Horde monks. It's got shoulder spikes, it's got knee and elbow protection. It's got spiked fists. Thing attached to the chest piece. Even arm tattoos. Belt fits on nicely. It's practically perfect. If only I had a Monk.

I kinda dig the blue and gold Mage Mythic one. I don't think the 3d parts for the glove are in yet, because I see them on the normal version, but not Mythic version. But, I would like to add that one to my collection at some point in the distant future.

Mythic Hunter one has.. an arrow lodged in the shoulder eyeball... It's causing the pupil to focus and unfocus. It's frankly painful to look at... Bleh.

As a hunter who's never been happy with our "let me stick the haphazardly stitched together body parts of my foes to my body" tier sets, especially Gronnstalker, I'm pretty disappointed by this- doubly so because Gronn have nothing to do with the current expansion and raid. An ugly, out-of-place set, in my opinion. Several of the sets really look great, though.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2017-01-21 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    As a hunter who's never been happy with our "let me stick the haphazardly stitched together body parts of my foes to my body" tier sets, especially Gronnstalker, I'm pretty disappointed by this- doubly so because Gronn have nothing to do with the current expansion and raid. An ugly, out-of-place set, in my opinion. Several of the sets really look great, though.
    "I was a great Hunter once... until I took an arrow to the...shoulder?"

Mage looks amazing. I'm really happy with our look.

Deleted
    DH, DK, Monk (and Mythic Priest) look by far the best.

I am not criticising them for recycling old sets. I don't mind that. I am, however, criticising them for recycling the overall probably most overhyped and overrated Set tier in WoW's history.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-01-21 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I said it before. Blizzard should've thought twice about making it all T6. Hunter T4 would've EASILY worked better for Tomb of Sargeras.

And that set could look really cool with all the new 3D parts and updated textures.

But to be fair, the new Gronnstalker is also pretty cool with all the new geosets. I especially like the addition of that stomach bone piece. Hope they keep working with new chest pieces. Think they should make actual plates for kilts and chestpieces, though.

I like it, specially the mythic sets.

Not a fan of normal/heroic just getting reskins

Would have much preferred if they made the mythic versions the normal/heroic and did something else for mythic

Edit: Okay I admit it, I just REALLY want that mythic warrior set, god that's the best warrior set since T10
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-01-21 at 09:05 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Druid mythic set has a freaking awesome visual effect. Check it out in the model viewer.

Unfortunately my main is a hunter, so... thank Thrall for transmog.