Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    Mostly yes. Although, i dont get how people can online shop for things like clothes. Thats just asking for trouble and wasted money.
    There are places, LL Bean for example, that do have high quality stuff, accept returns no questions asked, and will figure out your size if you send them measurements, outlines of your feet, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Variable around here. The mall in my hometown appears to be in trouble, with about half the spaces vacant, two anchors (Zellers and Safeways) gone, and the third (Sears) suffering from severe self-inflicted wounds. It may be management problems, as I hear the former Zellers has major roof problems that the owners appear uninterested in fixing and that the rent is higher than it should be for a city of this size. The place is owned by some outfit in Toronto, so it wouldn't be surprising if they're completely out of touch with how things are over here.

Then in my current larger city, the situation is entirely reversed, with vacant spaces not staying so for much longer than it takes them to renovate, and the story is the same in all 4 indoor malls in the city.
    Last edited by Masark; 2017-01-21 at 05:57 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I live in Northwest Ohio. Toledo area. I often take a drive to goto stores and there's one thing I've been noticing in many towns is that malls seem to be slowly fading away in all but the biggest cities in ohio. Polaris mall in Columbus is doing good. But all the towns around me malls are slowly closing. Is this happening in your towns? Are they being replaced with outlet malls?

Bring back the malls.
    Lol!

Maybe where you live but here in Canada they are quite popular.

Deleted
    It's more convienient for me to spend extra £5 to have my grub delived at any convienient time window over:

- getting dressed
    - commute
    - pick up a trolley
    - spend 1 hour plowing through seniors and crying children to pick my stuff up
    - wait in lines to pay
    - pack it
    - suffer hand burns from having those bags cutting into them
    - commute back

I went through a phase of buying everything online. It's fine for many things (ordering dog food in bulk especially), but clothes buying can be a pain in the ass as every retailer seems to have different sizing (even when you have been the same weight for forever and measure waist/hips/bust and compare to the store's online sizing chart before ordering). Also, quality for some items can be really deceiving in photos (especially for things like clothing). So I started shopping at the mall again for various household stuff and clothing and am much happier.

I usually still compare prices online via my phone before purchasing in the store, though. I'm usually willing to walk out of the store without purchasing anything if I like an item and it's significantly cheaper online.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I live in Northwest Ohio. Toledo area. I often take a drive to goto stores and there's one thing I've been noticing in many towns is that malls seem to be slowly fading away in all but the biggest cities in ohio. Polaris mall in Columbus is doing good. But all the towns around me malls are slowly closing. Is this happening in your towns? Are they being replaced with outlet malls?

Bring back the malls.
    Malls are shit to me now that there isnt a book store in everyone like there used to be. That would be the one store i looked forward to hitting along with gamestop. But now that all the mall bookstores are gone i only go in there if i need one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly yes. Although, i dont get how people can online shop for things like clothes. Thats just asking for trouble and wasted money.

Also, I like to get things immediately, so a mall or store is preferable to online unless its something I cant get physically due to age of product.

The mall near me though is fine. Lots of people go everyday. The other one nearby is dying, but they're putting an aquarium in it to help reviatlize it. I think its a good diea, since the nearest acquarium is about an hour away...
    I exclusively buy my clothes online. I just buy everything in extra small and so far so good. The one thing in the last year I returned was free to return and I got my full money back *shrug*
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The thing about doing business online is that you can set up shop - buy through Amazon, sell through Amazon... all from the comfort of your home.

Of course there can be a bit of a power struggle for me at times, since I enjoy the nostalgia of walking through my city's mall and remembering what it was like when I was younger. But, eventually, that feeling always ends up being overpowered by the convenience of shopping with the internet.

Online shopping is a threat to malls for sure, but *shrug*. You have to roll with it if you want to stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I exclusively buy my clothes online. I just buy everything in extra small and so far so good. The one thing in the last year I returned was free to return and I got my full money back *shrug*
    You and I have had completely different experiences with online shopping. I don't know how you've managed to have everything be the correct size, half of the stuff I order is either too big, looks different from the photo or the sleeves/pant legs are too short.

I can't even bother with Asian retailers anymore as they never get the fit right, I don't think they know what to do with slim 5'9 women.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You and I have had completely different experiences with online shopping. I don't know how you've managed to have everything be the correct size, half of the stuff I order is either too big, looks different from the photo or the sleeves/pant legs are too short.

I can't even bother with Asian retailers anymore as they never get the fit right, I don't think they know what to do with slim 5'9 women.
    Asian sizes always run smaller.
    Like, literally always. Going a size larger tends to work out well, or check around the reviews and see what others say about it.

Source- Girlfriend orders from Asian retailers all the time for cosplay stuff.

Malls are shutting down quite quickly in the city in my area.

10+ Year Old Account

Try Modcloth and Eshakti. The latter one you can order with it fitted to your exact measurements. When I order from Amazon, check brand. As Jester said, size up with Asian retailers.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Modcloth and Eshakti. The latter one you can order with it fitted to your exact measurements. When I order from Amazon, check brand. As Jester said, size up with Asian retailers.
    I haven't met an online retailer yet that's managed to get clothing that fits both my shoulders and my bust >.<

There's a mall in my hometown (Redding, CA) that's thriving. Of course, it might partially be because there really isn't much else to do or see in town. The malls in San Antonio, TX seem to be doing pretty well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    Asian sizes always run smaller.
    Like, literally always. Going a size larger tends to work out well, or check around the reviews and see what others say about it.

Source- Girlfriend orders from Asian retailers all the time for cosplay stuff.
    Sizing up is good for sleeve/pant length but not good for waist/tummy size as it is too large. It's a problem for US retailers but far more for Asian clothing. I could get thing tailored but I don't usually bother unless it's something really nice like for work or a formal event.

I should probably try ordering from places that fit to exact measurements, that is a good idea.

Personally I hate driving to the appropriate mall, wandering through to the store(s) I need to go to, trying to figure out exactly which aisle should have the product I'm looking for, finding out they don't have it and having to either settle for something else or go to another store to find what I actually want.

Much easier to go to my computer, surf over to amazon, type in what I want, narrow the focus down to whatever specifications I deem desirable at the moment (often 1 day/same day shipping is a contender), and ordering it. Instead of spending an hour or more...I'm done in 5 minutes and I didn't have to put on pants.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I haven't met an online retailer yet that's managed to get clothing that fits both my shoulders and my bust >.<
    Humble brag?

Sizing up is good for sleeve/pant length but not good for waist/tummy size as it is too large. It's a problem for US retailers but far more for Asian clothing. I could get thing tailored but I don't usually bother unless it's something really nice like for work or a formal event.

I should probably try ordering from places that fit to exact measurements, that is a good idea.
    Best I can say is check reviews honestly then.
    I mean, you probably already do, but usually you can find someone who says what size they are, and what size they ordered and if it fit.

Too much of a pain, and cat hair likely invalidates everything
    But you have the huge advantage of dressing up in your own room instead of a full shop with only a thin layer of cloth separating you from BEING INDECENT! That's got to be a plus, right?

Btw, don't become a cat lady... don't let them dictate your life! :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Not so easy in womens clothing. Especially bras.

A size D at VS is not the same as a size D from Macys, or a size D from any other kind of retailer. Its stupid.

(or Ive had medium blouses at one store be the same size as small at another).
    I rarely buy bras from online stores, it's really a hit and miss.

The last part is very easily solved; you don't look at "S/M/L", but the exact measurements of each cloth. I'd never get right sizes if I went by just S/M, especially when I order from China site. One can be S, and the next can be XL with the exact same measurement in cm. This is why the clothes I have range from S-XL, while all actually being same size. Different stores just stamp anything on their clothes at random. If I were to buy from a shop here, it would be S, or some clothes M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Still popular here