Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's just my best guess as I've seen similar in other games. Gaming mice, like razer, are coded to be the number pad numbers. Thankfully I have a logitech one that lets me say the mouse buttons are any keyboard key.

Someone else will have to confirm this for me, but I think they discontinued crates a long time ago. They discontinued the ones that come from buying box copies, but unsure on the original ones. It's been so long since I had those crates I can't even remember.
    I still have Boomboxes from Beta/Launch. I had like 100 of them back in the day, and half the time I forget to open them. I also didn't play for a year or so, but I 100% have Boomboxes, they're in the account inventory.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I still have Boomboxes from Beta/Launch. I had like 100 of them back in the day, and half the time I forget to open them. I also didn't play for a year or so, but I 100% have Boomboxes, they're in the account inventory.
    Yeah, found them - 43 I have - missed them amongst all the other account inventory items.

BOSS HUNTER CHALLENGE

They're the biggest of the baddest, and the baddest of the biggest. They're world bosses, and it's time somebody took 'em down!

From January 20 at 2:00am PST to 11:59pm PST January 23, get extra rewards every time you or your party slays a world boss or legendary champion.

World bosses allow groups of players to take on formidable foes for high-end rewards, but you don’t have to be in a coordinated raid to jump in. Anyone can attack a world boss and reap the rewards, so head out and start hunting. Our world bosses article can help in tracking them down.

During the Boss Hunter Challenge, every time you or your party slays a world boss or legendary champion, they have a guaranteed chance to drop a Shiny Token. You can then turn it in, along with a lockbox key purchasable from the In-Game Store for OmniBits, at a vendor in your capital city. Normal creatures you find in the outdoors of Nexus have a small chance to drop a Shiny Token as well, so it’ll pay to get some other questing done during the event too.

But you don’t have to stop at just one boss; you can continually kill each of the world bosses if you have the Progenitor Access Particles needed to respawn them. And lucky for you the number of Progenitor Access Particles needed is lower during the Boss Hunter Challenge as well. Legendary champions will be spawning much quicker during this event too.

When in doubt, get out there and hunt down a world boss!

Show ‘Em What They Can Win
    Head over to your faction’s capital city to turn in your Shiny Tokens. For Exiles go to Nate Baydock in Academy Corner of Thayd, or in Illium as Dominion go to Titian Nepian in Spaceport Alpha. You can turn in a Shiny Token along with a lockbox key for a Lucky Lopp Lockbox, which has a chance to contain some awesome goodies:

Veggie Launcher Toy
    Garden Green Dye
    Lopp Hunter Pet
    Lopp Grinder Mount
    King Plush Décor
    Meta Maw Décor
    Mini-maw Pet
    24 ‘Carrots’ Toy
    And More!
    So, dust off your bandoliers and get ready for some sporting-good fun! But hurry, the hunt is only here for a short time. Get into WildStar now, for free, and let the challenge begin!
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Ugh, are they really bringing that event back? I guess it did well for them last time, but it seemed incredibly unpopular given that you still need to buy keys from the damn cash shop to take advantage of the Shiny Tokens that drop -___-

Deleted
    On the plus side I can get 36 keys each month just for being subbed. Then again that is probably why I have all those rewards, the odd new reward would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ugh, are they really bringing that event back? I guess it did well for them last time, but it seemed incredibly unpopular given that you still need to buy keys from the damn cash shop to take advantage of the Shiny Tokens that drop -___-
    Honestly, I dont care about the store elements, all I care about is the content involved, it gets content rolling all the time and I think it's great. The actual money elements are terrible.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Honestly, I dont care about the store elements, all I care about is the content involved, it gets content rolling all the time and I think it's great. The actual money elements are terrible.
    Yeah, it's a bad weekend for this to hit for me (double XP weekend in STO, I'm super deep into ESO at the moment, finally starting to work on Tokyo in TSW, and need to play more Arkham Knight), but at the very least I'll try to remember to log in to see if I can get into PUGS for a world boss or two just to give them a looksy.

The stream was FAAAR better than the one from last week. The stream looked nice. The devs were confident and gave good info.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The stream was FAAAR better than the one from last week. The stream looked nice. The devs were confident and gave good info.
    What specifics did they cover? May give a recording a watch over the weekend.

Deleted
    Was the shiphand and dungeon this week.....And the mount we all want

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Was the shiphand and dungeon this week.....And the mount we all want
    What is the new mount, Ministabber? Tried to look for a picture but no luck so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    What is the new mount, Ministabber? Tried to look for a picture but no luck so far
    Silly mount...but for lots of us it's a must have

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What specifics did they cover? May give a recording a watch over the weekend.
    They went over the new content and gave some insight on systems.

As a side note: Caydiem misspoke and called "Vault of the Archon" "Vault of the Wardens" it was glorious.
    Diablo Bore.

When dark tides rise, and death is upon us all, one hero shall arrive, to save us from oblivion. A being of untold power, one who will never cower. Lifty, the real hero, Lifty, uhh, not a zero I guess.
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Deleted
    For a limited-time Protostar will match your experience point for point, which means you earn twice the XP every time you earn XP during this special event. The XP X-Plosion runs from January 27 at 2am PST until 11:59pm PST on January 30.

Keep in mind that the double XP from this Double XP X-Plosion! event stacks with the bonuses from Signature, and Signature offers a ton of other great benefits too—including new monthly login rewards!

We recommend maximizing Protostar’s very generous Double XP X-Plosion! by tackling adventures, expeditions, and dungeons, which you can queue for by using the Content Finder (N). Already level 50? During the event you can earn Elder Gems twice as fast to purchase items like Ability or AMP points. When you hit the weekly cap of 350 Elder Gems, your XP is converted to gold. It’s a good time to make good use of your time!

Don’t have any WildStar characters yet? The Double XP X-Plosion! event is the perfect time to start, and it’s completely free!

Hey all!

The latest round of updates to the PTR has been posted and we'd love to get your thoughts, based on testing and your overall WildStar expertise. Please let us know what you think in this thread!

Power of the Primal Matrix PTR Patch Notes – Week 3

Posted January 24, 2017

During the first two weeks of PTR testing for the Power of the Primal Matrix content update, we laid out plans for several changes we wanted to make based on player feedback. In addition to these changes, with today’s PTR update we’re doing some additional class tuning and reward revisions. Check out the patch notes below for more info on many of the updates you’ll find in the latest PTR build. As always, we welcome your continued testing and feedback so we can ensure Power of the Primal Matrix has galactic proportions of awesomeness for everyone!

Rewards
    Primal Matrix
    Primal Essence rewards have been added to all Raids.
    Signature Status now increases Primal Essence gains by additional 50%, up from 25%.
    The rotation intervals for Violet Essence offerings have been reduced slightly and Violet Essence reward values have been adjusted.
    There is a new daily bonus reward for completing a Random Normal Dungeon as a level 50 character.
    Bev-O-Loot is now carrying a bag of Infinite Primal Essence to facilitate testing.
    Itemization
    Item drop rates in Dungeons and Expeditions have been adjusted to account for the high quantity of gear payouts. Medal payouts in Prime Dungeons have also been changed to Group Loot, providing guaranteed drops for the group instead of multiple personal loot rolls for each group member.
    Items from Prime Dungeons, Prime Expeditions, and Raids now have the potential to upgrade to a maximum item level of 150.
    The highest base item level available in Prime Dungeons is now item level 125 rewarded at Prime Level 9.
    Redmoon Terror Class armor sets have had their base item levels adjusted to better coincide with the scaling drops within the Raid. Imbuements have been adjusted accordingly, and will now have multiple imbuements to bring these items up to the maximum item level. Cursed Coin drop rates have been adjusted to account for the increased demand. These coins can now also be purchased from the Triploon Vendor.
    Dungeons
    Medal Point Revisions
    Medal points have been normalized across Normal and Prime Dungeons.
    Normal Dungeons require 3500 for Bronze, 5500 for Silver, and 8800 for Gold, with a maximum possible total of 8800.
    Prime Dungeons require 3500 for Bronze, 7500 for Silver, and 9750 for Gold, with a maximum possible total of 10000.
    The extra per-second timer bonus has been removed. The time bonus now rewards a large, flat number of points at the end of the instance if achieved.
    The No Deaths challenge has been removed and does not award points, though it is still tracked for the achievement.
    In Prime Dungeons only, groups now lose 100 points per player death. This is balanced so players will lose Gold rewards if there are more than two deaths in a run.
    A new objective to kill a percentage of base population has been added to both Prime and Normal Dungeons, worth a significant percentage of medal points.
    Classes
    Stalker
    Punish
    Fixed an issue in which some tiers could not be used.
    Nano Spike
    Threat transfer reduced to 2%, down from 10%.
    Warrior
    Rive
    Global cooldown reduced to 1s at all tiers (was 1.25s).
    Tier 8 Bonus now increases the total damage by 50%, but caps the damage any single target can take at 70% of the total damage.
    Menacing Strike should now trigger the Rive reset at the beginning of the cast, instead of on each hit.
    Spellslinger
    Magnum
    Cooldown increased to 35 seconds, up from 16 seconds.
    Damage increased to [90 per level + (180% AP + 5% AP per tier)], up from [64.08 per Level + (120.15% AP + 4.55% AP per tier)].
    Damage bonus gained from catching the Spell-Surged casing increased to 20% for 7.5 seconds, up from 15% for 4.5 seconds.
    Tier 4 Bonus damage increased to [24 per level + 50% AP], up from [11.53 per level + 25% AP].
    Esper
    Dreamcatcher has been renamed to Epiphany.
    Epihany
    Now generates a Psi Point when the thought seed manifests.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...update-week-3/
    Diablo Bore.

Dungeon changes are good, now they need to make sure the rewards for actually doing dungeons/adventures, especially for max level players doing low level content, are worth the time and effort.

Seriously, it kills me that they're finally whipping the game into shape and dealing with some of the truly awful design that it launched with...and they're all out of relaunches. Because it seems like this is finally going to be the year when WildStar hits its stride and become properly "solid" (it's like they finally have developers who don't have their heads up their asses! Where have they been for the past 5+ years!?), and it would be a great time for a fresh push for the game. But F2P is already done, and so is Steam, so there's really nothing left. They can do a big marketing push, but I doubt NCsoft will pony up the cash for it again, and really, after two failed relaunches already they've significantly harmed any additional efforts for big new player acquisition drives : /

I'm waiting for their B2P launch

Deleted
    They listened to the vocal minority...same crowd are overpowering the PTR forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    They listened to the vocal minority...same crowd are overpowering the PTR forum.
    What vocal minority? What changes is this in regards to?