Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deleted
    But.. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    But.. why?
    Why not? Some people love that mass opening feeling. I saw a video of someone opening 300 Overwatch loot boxes that took him since release to earn.

Not to mention this kind of recorded opening of so many emissary boxes can really help out with player driven efforts to catalog emissary drops to try and determine drop rates for things like Curious Coins.
    Last edited by Millie; 2017-01-21 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    People love watching paint dry, but apart from attracting views for doing something "omg totally outrageous!", what's the point of hoarding caches?
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-01-21 at 09:20 AM.

what's the point of playing ? what's the point of eating anything more than your body needs ? what's the point of anything ?

Just shut the hell up with the "why" "what's the point of" ... you already know the answer dumbass.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-21 at 02:57 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

- Player does something
    - Holier-than-thou squad arrives to give their opinion as if anyone asked for it because they think it's worth its weight in gold because they're so special

Clockwork

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    what's the point of playing ? what's the point of eating anything more than your body needs ? what's the point of anything ?

Just shut the hell up with the "why" "what's the point of" ... you already know the answer dumbass.
    Jesus, you're so angry over me asking a question over some dudes youtube video? Why you need to whiteknight some rando youtuber so hard?
    I'm just asking what the point of hoarding caches is? As far as I know there's no advantage in saving them (like higher legendary chance)

Calm the fuck down buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    - Player does something
    - Holier-than-thou squad arrives to give their opinion as if anyone asked for it because they think it's worth its weight in gold because they're so special

Clockwork
    What fucking squad? As far as I can see I'm the only one asking why. You're referring to me as squad? lol
    I'm asking what's the point in hoarding caches? It's a pretty legitimate question, eh? Chill. I'm not criticizing your youtube hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Wait a second, did I miss something or did you not get a single legendary?

Ouch. How long did it take you to get this many? I've been powering through leveling new alts but I'm at 5 110s and losing my will to live despite it being extremely fast in Legion. Don't know what it is, I was able to level boatloads of alts in the past 3-4 expansions no problem but Legion is killing me. I think it's the level scaling as it's making me never feel like I am getting more powerful during the leveling process, I tend to feel the same at 109 as I did at 101.
    Last edited by Millie; 2017-01-21 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Not to mention this kind of recorded opening of so many emissary boxes can really help out with player driven efforts to catalog emissary drops to try and determine drop rates for things like Curious Coins.
    Except, it doesn't. Those 350+ Chests he opened all have different drop rates in them. Some would have to be from launch, then 7.1 when they tweaked drop rates once again and then in 7.1.5 when they tweaked them again. It would give off faulty stats unless you did a mass opening prior to patch day each time.

- Player does something

Clockwork
    The dude posted his own youtube video to a public forum. If that's not asking for people's opinion, I'm not sure what is.

Wait a second, did I miss something or did you not get a single legendary?

Ouch. How long did it take you to get this many? I've been powering through leveling new alts but I'm at 5 110s and losing my will to live despite it being extremely fast in Legion. Don't know what it is, I was able to level boatloads of alts in the past 3-4 expansions no problem but Legion is killing me. I think it's the level scaling as it's making me never feel like I am getting more powerful during the leveling process, I tend to feel the same at 109 as I did at 101.
    I cant believe I got nothing, but I have started my next batch now.
    Hoping for some bad luck protection next time.

It took me just under a month to get.
    I will get it a lot sooner this time.

I did it for fun. Not asking for subs or likes.
    I will continue to do openings of various caches/boxes for fun and some lulz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except, it doesn't. Those 350+ Chests he opened all have different drop rates in them. Some would have to be from launch, then 7.1 when they tweaked drop rates once again and then in 7.1.5 when they tweaked them again. It would give off faulty stats unless you did a mass opening prior to patch day each time.
    They were all from 7.1 after the increased Leg drop chance

Why not? Some people love that mass opening feeling. I saw a video of someone opening 300 Overwatch loot boxes that took him since release to earn.

Only issue with that, is that the items are generated on Loot Box obtained, not when opened. :S
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    They were all from 7.1 after the increased Leg drop chance
    Yeah, but the data would still be skewed since it's with multiple toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a link for sharing your videos.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enshots-Videos
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, but the data would still be skewed since it's with multiple toons.
    How is it skewed? Curious Coins don't have bad luck protection. A box is a box is a box.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Player does something

Clockwork
    You're actually the odd one out, if the OP didn't want opinions then they wouldn't have posted the thread to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    How is it skewed? Curious Coins don't have bad luck protection. A box is a box is a box.
    I think it was in reference to legendary drop chance. Since different chars would be in different stages of "bad luck protection", they can't really be compared

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I think it was in reference to legendary drop chance. Since different chars would be in different stages of "bad luck protection", they can't really be compared
    The discussion chain about documentation of drops stemmed from a post talking about Curious Coins, nobody talked about documenting legendaries.

Deleted
    The discussion chain about documentation of drops stemmed from a post talking about Curious Coins, nobody talked about documenting legendaries.
    Read post #13 again? The one you replied to?

I think someone quite clearly talked about legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You're actually the odd one out, if the OP didn't want opinions then they wouldn't have posted the thread to begin with.
    OP's have all sorts of 'reasons' to start a thread.
    Even if they 'don't' want opinions.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long