View Poll Results: Tier 6 being used to define what gear will look like in Tomb of Sargeras. Yay or nay?

Voters
391. This poll is closed
  • Yay

251 64.19%
  • Maybe

65 16.62%
  • Nay

70 17.90%
  • Other

5 1.28%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm over the moon about Tier 6 being re-vamped.

Judging strictly by the icons: the boots will be proper boots this time instead of the goofy "shoe-with-clamp-around-calf" design used so often in old armor sets. However, they also appear to have similar design cues to the Tier 19 DK sets, in that the front of the boots have a giant 3-D portion to them. I hope the 3-D bits are not as extreme as the DK sets, though.

There's a matching cloak, as well.

I also hope they change the helm so it won't be floating so far away from our head.

The Mythic recolor looks like it will fit with one of the new Ashbringer colors coming in 7.2 as well.

Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-01-20 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Not convinced TBH. I prefer CS Lewis's take:

So yeah, bugger all that emo "internal struggle" nonsense. I'm going to be charging into the fray knowing, sure as sure, that I am doing the Light's work.

= + =

Anyway, as to the Tomb of Sargeras set... yeah the icons are definitely like the T6 ones, which is promising. Personally, I've generally preferred sets that have a class theme (T2, T3, T6, Grand Marshal, etc) , rather than a dungeon theme (first two Cataclysm tiers).

It'd be nice to see them do updated textures, normal maps etc for the old sets as well, but in the mean time a Lightbringer v2.0 appearance is very promising.

= + =

Finally, looks like we're going to kill Kruul in the Twisting Nether once and for all to get our Ashbringer appearance unlocked. No more respawns for him .
    I see your point, I think, but think about this: taking one's life or passing judgement onto someone is no easy thing.
    This kind of Duty is beset by lots of temptations and wicked thoughts.
    You may start to enjoy killing for the sake of killing, inflicting pain for the sake of inflicting pain.
    At which point, you may be no better than your adversary.
    There must be honor within, there must be cruelty without.
    Hate your enemy if you must, but don't let your hatred be stained. Your hatred must be pure.
    Taking life is no Holy act. Only the just may embrace it and commit to it.
    Dare you wield both the power to take life and protect life and not give in on your path?
    Dare you not succumb to bloodlust?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post

Judging strictly by the icons: the boots will be proper boots this time instead of the goofy "shoe-with-clamp-around-calf" design used so often in old armor sets. However, they also appear to have similar design cues to the Tier 19 DK sets, in that the front of the boots have a giant 3-D portion to them. I hope the 3-D bits are not as extreme as the DK sets, though.

Judging from the icons for the other sets, their Normal/Heroic to Mythic sets will look vastly different from eachother (such as the Warrio set).

I wonder how different the Normal/Heroic to Mythic sets for paladins will look like.

7+ Year Old Account

There's a matching cloak, as well.

I also hope they change the helm so it won't be floating so far away from our head.

The Mythic recolor looks like it will fit with one of the new Ashbringer colors coming in 7.2 as well.

are you sure that one of those is the mythic set? i dont see a difference in the icons... and the mythic sets use different icons
    the icons say mythic but yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    are you sure that one of those is the mythic set? i dont see a difference in the icons... and the mythic sets use different icons
    The names of the picture files from the front page of MMO-C say 'Mythic', but they could be incorrect.

7+ Year Old Account
    The names of the picture files from the front page of MMO-C say 'Mythic', but they could be incorrect.
    as i was saying
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So it does seem they are using the T6 armor as I said in the op, but they arent redesigning it as was stated originally. Based on the icons its an updated version of that armor, which im definitely all for. Im not too sure about the floating crown though, need to see what it looks like this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited. I want to see all the color versions of this set.

The 3D layering this expac has been wonderful. Armor has become more immersive imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Oh, nooooooooo...they ARE using the old boot model!

Also looks like the gloves, belt, and fronts of the boots will feature 3-D dangly bits that aren't implemented yet, hence the plain areas.

Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-01-21 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if those were the final shape. The rim on the top of the boots makes it seem like we'll get the mega man boots instead. (would fit with the icon)

Man, warriors got a completely new model with their boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Yeah I'm not sure how to feel. It doesn't seem complete though so I think I'll reserve judgement till a bit later.

The chest, legs and boots look incomplete. I'm also not sure if we see a mythic variant there or not? Doesn't seem like there's a mythic version yet.

Definitely gotta wait and see the completed version. I highly doubt this is it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-01-21 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little sad that it's a direct copy of the design just updated to todays graphics, not a basis idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how to feel. It doesn't seem complete though so I think I'll reserve judgement till a bit later.

The chest, legs and boots look incomplete. I'm also not sure if we see a mythic variant there or not? Doesn't seem like there's a mythic version yet.

Definitely gotta wait and see the completed version. I highly doubt this is it.
    If you look at some cases (Warrior is a good one) then there is a huge difference that tells you the paladin one hasn't shown a mythic variation yet. Everything but the shoulders is bland. I'm excited to see a finished product for it though.

It's virtually a direct copy of T6.
    I am very much pumped.
    Yay.

Deleted
    thank god transmog is in the game.

I genuinely hate Warlock T6 so much, that I honestly would quit the game if I had to run around in T6/T20. Honestly.

The purple and yellow sets already have the boots fixed, which implies they'll be different, and the mythic icons are yellow, which backs that up, making purple the Elite season gear. The one they currently have labelled as "PvP" on the site is probably from LFR.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    I expect the textures aren't finalised yet, but if worst comes to the worst... well I'd rather another T6 like that than the muck that was T7 (Naxx 10/25).

On a related note, there's a blue and a red set, which I'm guessing is for PvP. Come on Blizz can't you let us Alliance paladins wear some red instead of blue for once ? This is the perfect expansion for it, what with (a) the vanilla Ashbringer look, and (b) the Scarlet Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I see your point, I think, but think about this: taking one's life or passing judgement onto someone is no easy thing.
    This kind of Duty is beset by lots of temptations and wicked thoughts.
    You may start to enjoy killing for the sake of killing, inflicting pain for the sake of inflicting pain.
    Quite, but that's why I reject the whole internal struggle idea. Maybe a character like that lacks "depth" or what-have-you, but meh. I prefer to strive to be (and look up to) the ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Dare you wield both the power to take life and protect life and not give in on your path?
    Dare you not succumb to bloodlust?
    With great power comes great responsibility and all that. But of course, I dare not give in to evil.

From the Christian POV, you shouldn't even hate your enemy. Hate his actions, but not him. Bloodlust - well look at how the word is constructed, it's clearly a sin and thus must be resisted, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Quite, but that's why I reject the whole internal struggle idea. Maybe a character like that lacks "depth" or what-have-you, but meh. I prefer to strive to be (and look up to) the ideal.

With great power comes great responsibility and all that. But of course, I dare not give in to evil.

From the Christian POV, you shouldn't even hate your enemy. Hate his actions, but not him. Bloodlust - well look at how the word is constructed, it's clearly a sin and thus must be resisted, etc etc etc.
    let's see what Bible can tell us about the point Christianity takes on punishment:

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
    — The Bible, Romans 2:1

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty disappointed in this set to be honest. Granted, I've not been a huge fan of tier 6 and it's cool the Horde will apparently get a red version which will fit nicely with the Blood Knights, but it still looks disappointing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this. T2 and T6 is the most iconic tier sets, atleast that is my own opinion.
    Would love to see blizz making updated T2 now.
    I still don't see it as laziness, sure they don't have to design something 100% new but it is still work being put in to give them these updated textures to these classic sets.