Pep is showing cracks. His legs have gone and he's leaning on the ropes.
    Need Spurs to show up today and deliver the knockout punch to Guardiola and Man City.

Deleted
    Everton should pump us. I'm going to put money on them. 3 points for palace incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Who gave Van Basten a job at the FIFA? His ideas are an absolute joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Who gave Van Basten a job at the FIFA? His ideas are an absolute joke.
    Personally i really like the idea of getting rid of the offisde rule atleast. I cant see anything positive about that rule and as it is now it only adds controversy since its pretty much impossible these days for refs to be certain if its offside or not so there is only a bunch of drara every week regarding that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Personally i really like the idea of getting rid of the offisde rule atleast. I cant see anything positive about that rule and as it is now it only adds controversy since its pretty much impossible these days for refs to be certain if its offside or not so there is only a bunch of drara every week regarding that rule.
    Seriously? Have you even thought of the implications at all?

You do realise it would change Football completely?
    It would destroy build up play and the best parts of Football all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Seriously? Have you even thought of the implications at all?

You do realise it would change Football completely?
    It would destroy build up play and the best parts of Football all together.
    Ye i keep reading alot of people saying that it will change football completely, but so far i haven't seen a single example. So far it only feels like people are afraid of change or something.

Also why is it bad that it will change football completely? Cant that be a good thing? Personally im getting very tired of all this shit posting about horrible refs and if this change can eleviate some of that i will be happy...

Sure I might be missing something about how it will change football for the worse if they remove the offside rule, but i mean is it really better if nothing ever changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye i keep reading alot of people saying that it will change football completely, but so far i haven't seen a single example. So far it only feels like people are afraid of change or something.

Also why is it bad that it will change football completely? Cant that be a good thing? Personally im getting very tired of all this shit posting about horrible refs and if this change can eleviate some of that i will be happy...

Sure I might be missing something about how it will change football for the worse if they remove the offside rule, but i mean is it really better if nothing ever changes?
    The whole concept of a 'high back line' would just be gone, with defenders no longer free to push forward and help attacks while they cover for a goal hanging striker who's just waiting for the ball to be hoofed up to them. It'd be two parked busses and a lot of long balls.

Think about it.
    Defending would be changed completely. It would turn into a game where you just man mark everyone around you, aiming to get your head on the ball as much as possible.

Strikers would just goal hang. Tall striker on the byline. Lump it to said striker.
    How exactly would that make football better?

Perhaps Van Basten should go into a different sport, or at the very least, provide an alternative rule set...

In regards to the horrible refs. Dude. It would change nothing. It would make it worse in fact. With no offside, people are going to be flooding the penalty box, meaning more chance of dodgy pen decisions. A better solution would be to utilise video technology and near instant feedback to the ref.

Football as a game is nearly perfect. It doesn't have to change.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-01-21 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The whole concept of a 'high back line' would just be gone, with defenders no longer free to push forward and help attacks while they cover for a goal hanging striker who's just waiting for the ball to be hoofed up to them. It'd be two parked busses and a lot of long balls.
    I dont know.... Before we had the offisde rule, at most the teams had one striker laying abit deeper than the rest, but its not like you can just put on striker down in the penalty area and hope he gets the ball.... The defenders will have plenty of time to catch up to him.

This idea has gotten alot of bad reaction even from top tier managers so im probably wrong about this, but i would really like to see them atleast try it because as it is now i feel the offside rule do much more harm than good.

- - - Updated - - -

Football as a game is nearly perfect. It doesn't have to change.
    I completely disagree with this. Im getting very tired with the behaviour of football players, with the constand diving and over simulating situation just to try and trick the ref. Sportsman ship is pretty much completely gone from the sport. I dont think there is any other sport out there where i see the players so actively trying to trick the refs.

I dont know.... Before we had the offisde rule, at most the teams had one striker laying abit deeper than the rest, but its not like you can just put on striker down in the penalty area and hope he gets the ball.... The defenders will have plenty of time to catch up to him.

This idea has gotten alot of bad reaction even from top tier managers so im probably wrong about this, but i would really like to see them atleast try it because as it is now i feel the offside rule do much more harm than good.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely disagree with this. Im getting very tired with the behaviour of football players, with the constand diving and over simulating situation just to try and trick the ref. Sportsman ship is pretty much completely gone from the sport. I dont think there is any other sport out there where i see the players so actively trying to trick the refs.
    So, your solution is instead of promoting fair play - you change the rules?

You're really underestimating how the offside rule effects the game. I implore you to think slightly more about it's effect. It's in essence the foundation of Football. It's like allowing forward passes in rugby. Would destroy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, your solution is instead of promoting fair play - you change the rules?

You're really underestimating how the offside rule effects the game. I implore you to think slightly more about it's effect. It's in essence the foundation of Football. It's like allowing forward passes in rugby. Would destroy the game.
    Nah my comment there was more about how i dont agree at all the football is almost perfect as it is. Obviously removing the offside rule will not change the behaviour of the players.

As it is tho i really would like to see them try it in a tournament or something like that (like that did with video-replays in the world cup for clubs last month).

But i have a feeling that wont happen either

Nah my comment there was more about how i dont agree at all the football is almost perfect as it is. Obviously removing the offside rule will not change the behaviour of the players.

As it is tho i really would like to see them try it in a tournament or something like that (like that did with video-replays in the world cup for clubs last month).

But i have a feeling that wont happen either
    Good.
    Death of the game if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Bloody hell man, are you trolling me this hard?
    "Bloody hell"? You becoming Brithish?

No, i am not trolling.
    In Portugal, there's no other that corrupts as much, for sure.
    No, i am giving you my opinion which is shared by many people in our country. But the clubs themselves, only Sporting and Porto talk about it openly because they are the only ones with power to talk without fear of what can happen to them. Smaller clubs fear what can happen to them if they speak.
    Benfica says many times that Sporting and Porto have half a dozen of clubs that have bad relations with them. That's the normal. Benfica has good relations with all clubs because they control them with fear. Like, not lending players anymore, stopping giving some money to them, etc, etc.

Btw, accusing others of trolling is against the rules of the forum if i am not mistaken. Guess some infractions are only for a few, the irony is amazing based on the debate we are having.

FUCKING LLORENTE.

He's Chels already. Hates the bindippers.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFS, I took Llorente out ><

Amazing 2nd half at Klanfield

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    FFS, I took Llorente out ><
    Same, but I put Firminho in so not too bummed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is any team gonna be able to properly challenge Chelsea for the title this season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing 2nd half at Klanfield

- - - Updated - - -

Same, but I put Firminho in so not too bummed.
    Ha same here, Firmino in Llorente out.

Anyways, lets hope Swansea hang on.

Hahahahahahahaha

feck off pool

Looks like the chart prevails again

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing stuff.