Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think that's a fundamental issue with American politics, people are far too tribal regarding the left & right, unhealthily so
    Even here were we have separatist parties, we arent this tribal about it lol. Americans are literally devolving.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think yes. I feel like America will go backwards under Trump.

He says alot but cant do any of what he promises. He is just a lot of balony.

Even more pathetic is the people of US taking his crap, lol.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Forgive us. Please.

We'll clean up our own mess.
    I mean, we lived through Bush's train wreck of a presidency. His foreign policy made the rest of the world consider us the dumbest modernized nation there is. Then we got Obama and recovered our image...

But who knows if we'll be able to recover from Trump? Maybe if, as you've said before, our congressional Republicans decide that Trump is too much of a liability and remove him, our reputation will be saved...

But then we have Pence.

I guess we're kinda fucked.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I can't even make it thru the first page of posts, the numbers of chicken littles... the sooner everyone drops their silly liberal/conservative tribes, the sooner you can have an actual discussion. Disagreeing with someone doesn't make them the devil, it just means you disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    A dystophia where there is no more islamic terrorism. He's such a bad person to not endore islamic terrorist...that will hurt ISIS's feelingz...
    ISIS has so you so riled up you would prioritize fighting terrorism over defending and promoting human liberty around the world? Over American conventions of justice and the supremacy of institutions over individuals? Over the universality of American values.

I realize you're not American, but your democratic (small d) cred is so little? ISIS has beaten yo psychologically so bad, you'll trade away things that were hard fought and actually matter, just to squash islamic terrorism?

You're willing to hand islamic radicalism a strategic victory it could never achieve on it's own? By your own words, you are.

Islamic Terrorism is nothing compared to America's mission in the world, the broader goal of the spread of human freedom for all, and justice and opportunity for all Americans.

Fighting Terrorism is and must remain America's hobby, not its core purpose. Having a free, open, optimistic society is more important than beating ISIS.

I think it will depend on the external challenges and how they influence his policies. Should the US, contrary to my expectation, not start a new war within the next 4 years, then that would already be a smal victory. Of course if he ruins the country in the meantime this will be different but usually change comes slow in the US, no matter which direction i takes. We will have to see. Going full blown doomsday preacher isn't going to help anyone.
    (but im up for the final orgy, leave me a message)

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I mean, we lived through Bush's train wreck of a presidency. His foreign policy made the rest of the world consider us the dumbest modernized nation there is. Then we got Obama and recovered our image...

But who knows if we'll be able to recover from Trump? Maybe if, as you've said before, our congressional Republicans decide that Trump is too much of a liability and remove him, our reputation will be saved...

But then we have Pence.

I guess we're kinda fucked.
    Im certain we can repair almost any amount of damage. Betting against the American people, and America's ability to radically course correct, has never been a winning bet.

Trump is the last of the Boomer presidents in all likelihood. Their successors should be more pragmatic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump is the last of the Boomer presidents in all likelihood. Their successors should be more pragmatic.
    Really now, because I see plenty boomers that are about 60 years of age, just ripe for the presidency.

Also about Trump voters, the ACTUAL Trump voters not this hysteria that was conjured up by Hillary's campaign.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...porters-boring

That's Vox by the way, which was on Obama's side and Hillary's side.

In reality, Trump’s election was not powered by an alienated fringe of internet trolls, but rather by a majority of America’s predominant ethnic group. As Vox’s Brian Resnick and Sarah Frostenson detailed right after the election, close to 60 percent of US white people — about 62 million of them — voted for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Obama was originally hailed as something good from the US again, at least over here in Europe, but that glamour faded fast.* The drone strikes and handling of syria weren't exactly popular. I'm fairly certain you were still at a net negativ, even before this farce of the election started.

*: I remember 8 years ago when suddenly people sprayed obama everywhere because they were so excited. Now it's seen as a sad remider mostly .

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I think it's amazing how everyone insults trumps rhetoric and campaigning but nvr ask y it worked.
    Mass voter disenfranchisement, always a major Republican party strategy, but at the most far-reaching level ever in half a century. This was the first presidential election in 50 years without the safeguards of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, after it was crippled by a decision of the right-leaning Supreme Court in 2013. This on top of the usual gerrymandering that secures their dominance of the House and Senate.

I'm an independent. I don't like either of these bloated, self-interested parties. I just tend to support the lesser of two evils because our current system isn't set up to support a third party anytime soon.

Most likely. A guy was elevated to President even though the electoral college was developed to prevent precisely that kind of person from becoming President. If the failure of a failsafe put in place by the founding fathers due to self-interest doesn't count as a stain on US history I don't know what does.

yeah, probably.

if only the dnc hadn't cheated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im certain we can repair almost any amount of damage. Betting against the American people, and America's ability to radically course correct, has never been a winning bet.

We did have faith that the American people would be smart enough to not elect Trump though, so my faith in our ability to do anything, even something like recover our image, is starting to waver. Please, give me something that can revive my hope in this nation's ability to course correct.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I'm an independent. I don't like either of these bloated, self-interested parties. I just tend to support the lesser of two evils because our current system isn't set up to support a third party anytime soon.
    If the other 2 parties with even a sliver of a chance weren't led by some total loonies then you'd be alot closer. The garbage these two spouted was certainly not better than Trump or Hillary, somehwere in the middle of both of them to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Hahah. Some posters melodrama about trump is hilarious.
    totally agree with you. why on earth commie idiots are concerned with a country appointing someone who said mexican immigrants are murderers and drug dealers, wanted to mark muslims and wants to molest 14 years olds, as president i just can't understand.

let's move on and get down to business: murdering the poor because of lack of health care, encouraging business to grab the environment by the pussy and appointing as many cronies as possible to cabinet. Oh yeah and russia, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, probably.

if only the dnc hadn't cheated.
    I have yet to see anyone quantify this. Hillary and the DNC shared some emails that they didn't want Bernie to win.

Still waiting for someone to explain what cheating went on.

I'm someone who voted for Bernie in the primary, and hoped that he'd win it. But I'm under no salty delusions that cheating occurred. He lost. Even without super delegates, he lost. People say "if the super delegates had voted how they really wanted, he would have won", but they talked to all of the super delegates, and most of them still said that they indeed wanted to vote for Hillary, so they were wrong about that as well.

So is there ever going to be any proof of cheating trotted out, or are the Bernie Bros just going to be salty over their own delusions for all time?

Forgive us. Please.

We'll clean up our own mess.
    Thing is though, the mess will be outside the US as well as inside.
    I doubt the US will do much about what happens outside its borders with Trump behind the wheel.

Time will tell , I guess.

I love all the partisan people on here blaming the other side of the aisle for being partisan and divisive. Seriously, the level of cognitive dissonance is truly monumental. The two-party system is designed to create divisiveness, that's how both parties survive. Stop hating the other side, and hate the people who are brainwashing you.

I think the reaction to every election in my life time (both in the UK and in the US) will be considered a stain.

Lets just recap the American ones in particular.

When Obama was elected, we saw the true colours of the morons of the right. Calling in the apocalypse, claims that everyone will move to canada, calling him a coon, saying white slavery is coming, calling him a secret muslim, making a big deal out of obama looking like osama, trying to say he wasnt even an American.

And what happened? Well, the apocalypse didn't happen. White slavery didn't happen. He didn't reveal himself to be a secret Muslim. No one gave a shit about his name, and in fact, he was the president that took Osama down. He also proved he was American with his birth certificate

Now Trump is elected, and we see the true colours of the morons of the left. Calling in the apocalypse, claims that everyone will move to canada, calling him a sexist, claiming black slavery is coming, calling him a secret Nazi, making a big deal out of his german heritage, trying to say he is a sex offender.

And what happened? Well, a good chunk of American said "fuck you" to all those retards, and voted for him, and now hes in office. What is more likely, that half your country just voted in a Nazi Slaver, who hates all races except white, who hates and sexually assaults women on the daily... or you could be over reacting? The exact same way the right did in 2008.

"If X wins i'm moving to Canada"

*X wins*

"Ahh on second though, my word is worth shit, i'll just stay where I am and call people sex offenders, racists and nazis"

Humanity is actually disgusting.

And yes, its the exact same thing here in the UK

Deleted

You're willing to hand islamic radicalism a strategic victory it could never achieve on it's own? By your own words, you are.
    Can't hand in anything if they are dead. Nuclear strike on the islamic/muslim world should be a viable option. Nuke Saudi Arabia, Iran, UAE and others will kneel. Once they kneel you know the issue is handled. If they don't kneel nuke them all. From the ashes we will build a better world, a western world!

I like Trump have zero no issues with killing terrorists, their family and extended family! You can't be diplomatic with savages you need to answer to what they understand!

Infracted
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-01-21 at 06:15 PM.