10+ Year Old Account

WW energy starved with 2pc set?

Anyone else a lot more energy starved after getting the 2 pc set bonus? I find myself RSKing a lot more, but that also means I'm spending 2 Chi a lot more often and I just don't have the energy to keep the Chi rolling for the more RSKs.

I'm guessing I have to change up my gameplay and just not use BoK as often any more?

Do you think Energizing Elixir is the way to go with the set bonus? I'm currently running Power Strikes.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I think a large part of it is just exercising restraint. Knowing that it's alright to sit at high chi and let your energy regen whilst waiting on RSK, instead of just trying to instadump on BoK.

you literally are only supposed to BoK to avoid not being able to TP without wasting chi.

this hasn't changed

EE is the way to go always, it is FAR more valuable than PS, but yes, the 2set makes it even easier to utilize EE effeciently and waste as little resources as possible.

So if you wanna use it as an excuse to do the switch, hurray^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    you literally are only supposed to BoK to avoid not being able to TP without wasting chi.

this hasn't changed
    This is not true at all when running EE, because you need to burn through a lot of resources fast in order to get its cooldown going, and especially not true with katsuo or when running serenity.

Actually this was never the case ever apart from pooling resources before aoe, so I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    EE is the way to go always, it is FAR more valuable than PS, but yes, the 2set makes it even easier to utilize EE effeciently and waste as little resources as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not true at all when running EE, because you need to burn through a lot of resources fast in order to get its cooldown going, and especially not true with katsuo or when running serenity.

Actually this was never the case ever apart from pooling resources before aoe, so I dunno...
    as long as you don't waste chi by TP at 4 chi, use all your abilities off CD (fight permitting), and get a good use out of EE there's no need to spam BOK.

obviously you need to BOK more to spend excess chi if you have the boots... most monks don't though. so my advice still stands; if you find yourself chi starved for RSK in ST, you are using BOK too much

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    as long as you don't waste chi by TP at 4 chi, use all your abilities off CD (fight permitting), and get a good use out of EE there's no need to spam BOK.

obviously you need to BOK more to spend excess chi if you have the boots... most monks don't though. so my advice still stands; if you find yourself chi starved for RSK in ST, you are using BOK too much
    Theres a LONG way between "you literally are supposed to BoK to avoid not being able to TP without wasting chi" and "if you find yourself chi starved for RSK in ST, you are using BoK too much"... the second statement is perfectly reasonable, but entirely NOT what you said in the first place.. make up your mind^^
    Oh, and "if you get a good use out of EE you don't need to spam BoK" is contradictive... in ST you --need-- BoKs weaving to get out of the resource-overflow state that is caused by EE every minute(and other stuff like TW or serenity that create resource-overflow also follow the same logic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post

Problem with EE for me is that it's another button to click. I already find my WW over convoluted with abilities now that I got an even extra one in WDP by switching over from Serenity.

So now I have to add another button to press to the list of:

TP, ToK, RSK, FoF, Roll, SCK, SEF, WDP, SoTW, ToK, ToD, CL, FSK, LS, Chi Wave, PvP trinket, Transcendence set and port, Disable, Spearhand Strike, Effuse, Paralysis.

I literally ran out of buttons to press on my keyboard and mouse on my WW and already had to remove my some buttons like my engi abilities (cloak/belt) and my taunt.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

QERTFGZXCV`12345 + shift modifiers for some of them +mid mouse button +mouse scrolls should be enough for all your keybinds, worst case add some ctrl modifiers or buy a mouse with many buttons(should not be necessary).

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Problem with EE for me is that it's another button to click. I already find my WW over convoluted with abilities now that I got an even extra one in WDP by switching over from Serenity.

TP, ToK, RSK, FoF, Roll, SCK, SEF, WDP, SoTW, ToK, ToD, CL, FSK, LS, Chi Wave, PvP trinket, Transcendence set and port, Disable, Spearhand Strike, Effuse, Paralysis.

I literally ran out of buttons to press on my keyboard and mouse on my WW and already had to remove my some buttons like my engi abilities (cloak/belt) and my taunt.
    Oh my god it's almost like before all the pruning to homogenize classes! I know this isn't particularly helpful but like EVERY CLASS had ~15+ keybinds (not rotational, but things you'd want keybinded). I prefer that to certain classes that have like 10 max.

The nice thing about wow is u can choose how u want to play. U can always go back to serenity and use that extra key bind for EE. That's what I would do if u were having issues with keybinds. If u don't care about being the best u can do whatever u want, but if u want to be the best u either have to learn to deal with the spec or reroll. There r other classes that have been pruned to oblivion and have few keybindings that may fit better to ur taste.

I saw u said something about a pvp trinket so I'll assume u pvp, u need EE to do proper burst and xuen is really strong now, so that's even more keybindings. Stuff like transcendence I usually put the set on a shift modifier of the port key. So it doesn't really feel like its two keybindings.

I personally don't find ww convoluted at all, but I tend to gravitate towards classes with more spells and complex rotations so I guess I'm biased.

Meanwhile I am keybinding everything including mouseovers, toys and hearthstones because I have so many empty binds from previous expansions >_<

Maximum efficiency:

• Base keys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Q, E, R, F, V, C
    • Modifier keys: Shift, Alt, Ctrl
    • 15 keys, 48 keybinds

This is my standard "SAC" template I use for every traditional MMO I've ever played using 4 action bars:

1. [ 1] [ 2] [ 3] [ 4] [ 5] [ 6] [ Q] [ E] [ R] [ F] [ V] [ C]
    2. [S1] [S2] [S3] [S4] [S5] [S6] [SQ] [SE] [SR] [SF] [SV] [SC]
    3. [A1] [A2] [A3] [A4] [A5] [A6] [AQ] [AE] [AR] [AF] [AV] [AC]
    4. [C1] [C2] [C3] [C4] [C5] [C6] [cQ] [CE] [CR] [CF] [CV] [CC]

I also have my modifier keys bound to thumb buttons on my mouse along with middle mouse button which I have Roll bound to.

Since 48 keybinds is more than enough to cover any and all skills that I actually use, I also afford myself keybinds for things such as Zen Piligrimage, Swapblaster, Flight Whistle, Jade Winds, Roc Feather Kite, Hearthstones, Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Sandstone Drake, Potion of Prolonged Power, Ancient Healing Potion, Nightborne Delicacy Platter, Flask of the Seventh Demon, Drums of Fury, and Skaggldrynk.

This all serves the purpose of making activations in real-time as opposed to moving my mouse to click buttons on bars with unassigned keybinds.
    Last edited by Velimere; 2017-01-21 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use my R key to reply to whispers, what did you guys rebind reply to?

I prefer this over 1113111211131112.

And in all honesty, the monk fighting flows so easily and it's so HARD to not hit all of your attacks while weaving everything around hit combo. So fluid and the monk class has been the absolute funnest for me this expansion.

As this thread derailed to a keybind thread, I'll just give my 2 cents.

I can't handle any more than 15 binds (1-12 on my Naga, middle mouse button and the 2 extra buttons). I just like the original keybinds provided by Blizz.
    But 15 binds is enough for to just click rarely used abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    I prefer this over 1113111211131112.
    That is basically the FDK rotation. Going from my FDK alt to my WW alt is always a drastic change. The good part about a simple rotation like that is that you are A LOT less likely to fuck up. I find that I can play my FDK a lot better than my WW simply because there's less clutter to keep track of.

Deleted
    Just type "/r".

Type /r or just click on the player name and you will automatically be set to respond. Wasting a key for exclusively replying isn't worth it at all. Especially since its in prime real estate location.
    Last edited by Fxn; 2017-01-21 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Just type "/r".
    You don't understand, I am VERY popular and use R to reply all day every day.

You don't understand, I am VERY popular and use R to reply all day every day.
    Make reply ctrl/alt/shift +r