Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Hillary

Trump

Worse of the 2 evils ... Hilary

All you foreigners stfu about our politics, we will clean up our own mess if it needs cleaning. You worry about your country. No one on this side of the pond cares what you think.
    Unfortunately we are now a global civilization so the days of isolationism like that won't work so we do infact have a vested interest in who you elect as your leader. Our economies are interlinked, we have treaties both economically and in global security. We are all part of the worldwide UN and security councils. Typical naivety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Yer, let's see the damage he does to global issues like climate change and biodiversity conservation. Man i'm glad I have my popcorn to watch this new great extinction event.
    Yer lets! Glad you're with me, feel free to use the sig mate.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hands up I am no expert in the political history of American history of Presidents so perhaps stuff like this has already occurred but from an outsider the amount of crazy happening over Trump is bewildering to me. Protests, riots and seemingly a country completely divided almost aggressively because of one man, it's awfully worrying. Do you think 2016/2017 will be recorded as a stain in your history books? I don't recall seeing as much friction regarding Clinton, Bush & Obama. I understand Presidents usually get negative attention eventually but not immediately
    Well, all those rich actors will have to hire legal American citizens to tend their huge estates. I would protest too in that case.

As for the buzzfeed retards, those are just buzzfeed retards. No one will remember that in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Hillary

Trump

Worse of the 2 evils ... Hilary

All you foreigners stfu about our politics, we will clean up our own mess if it needs cleaning. You worry about your country. No one on this side of the pond cares what you think.
    Because America always lets other countries to clean up their own mess right? Oh wait... Imagine if Russia or China would supply weapons to the moderate rebels protesting Trump and paid them to blow shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yer, let's see the damage he does to global issues like climate change and biodiversity conservation. Man i'm glad I have my popcorn to watch this new great extinction event.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/u...site.html?_r=0

Deleted
    Unfortunately we are now a global civilization so the days of isolationism like that won't work so we do infact have a vested interest in who you elect as your leader. Our economies are interlinked, we have treaties both economically and in global security. We are all part of the worldwide UN and security councils. Typical naivety.
    Not really. Trump wants US to prosper and not China. The fact that you had presidents that wanted the well-being of foreigners over the local population is borderline treason.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next week will be pretty telling since Trump said that he considers this coming Monday his first day at work, since yesterday and this weekend are mostly balls/dinners/celebrations. The Obamacare order and other things signed yesterday were mostly just formalities and symbolic, since the Republicans said they would start the repeal on day 1 and that enables them to technically say that even though it really didn't do much.

So next week we'll start to really get a clearer picture on things, such as how aggressive he'll be in foreign affairs, how much he'll act on his own vs. listening to his cabinet, maybe whether they really have a replacement plan for ACA and what it looks like, and what types of changes we see if any in civil liberties. He has played both sides of the fence at times on some topics, saying one thing and then picking cabinet people that are at the far other end of a position on a topic. But I think we'll have a lot better idea on those things by the end of next week. And that will go a long way towards answering the question on whether the next 4 years end up being a high-point or a low-point in US history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I think the reaction to every election in my life time (both in the UK and in the US) will be considered a stain.

Lets just recap the American ones in particular.

When Obama was elected, we saw the true colours of the morons of the right. Calling in the apocalypse, claims that everyone will move to canada, calling him a coon, saying white slavery is coming, calling him a secret muslim, making a big deal out of obama looking like osama, trying to say he wasnt even an American.

And what happened? Well, the apocalypse didn't happen. White slavery didn't happen. He didn't reveal himself to be a secret Muslim. No one gave a shit about his name, and in fact, he was the president that took Osama down. He also proved he was American with his birth certificate

Now Trump is elected, and we see the true colours of the morons of the left. Calling in the apocalypse, claims that everyone will move to canada, calling him a sexist, claiming black slavery is coming, calling him a secret Nazi, making a big deal out of his german heritage, trying to say he is a sex offender.

And what happened? Well, a good chunk of American said "fuck you" to all those retards, and voted for him, and now hes in office. What is more likely, that half your country just voted in a Nazi Slaver, who hates all races except white, who hates and sexually assaults women on the daily... or you could be over reacting? The exact same way the right did in 2008.

"If X wins i'm moving to Canada"

*X wins*

"Ahh on second though, my word is worth shit, i'll just stay where I am and call people sex offenders, racists and nazis"

Humanity is actually disgusting.

And yes, its the exact same thing here in the UK
    The difference being that the right reacted to Obama with racism and conspiracy theories. Claiming that Obama was secretly a muslim born in kenya had no basis in any of his policies or campaign promises. Today people are protesting trump for things that he has actually said and done. It takes an extraordinary amount of cognitive dissonance to look at people quoting trump word for word and say that they are overreacting. There is a tape recording of him admitting to sexual assault. He's proposed a registry of a religious minority group. And he's taking healthcare away from millions.

Telling people that they're just as bad as right wing conspiracy nuts for being worried about trump's actual policies is no more than wilful ignorance. This isn't a scenario where both sides have equally good and bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Not really. Trump wants US to prosper and not China. The fact that you had presidents that wanted the well-being of foreigners over the local population is borderline treason.
    I'm not American. And did you feel the same about joining the EU? You've been significantly assisted by my own countries economy as well as France and Germany. This wouldn't have happened if every country looked utterly insular.

The policies Trump has are mainly all bluster. You are not going to defeat China in a manufacturing war as a western nation. It just isn't going to happen. Plus it's not as if the American economy is doing poorly. It's fine at the moment, China is not prospering at the expense of the US.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but not for the reason you think

The books will remember this as a time of hyper partisanship: A time when bright and talented individuals gave into their innate tribalism and turned into a special kind of nasty to either prop their own side or to spite the other.

A time of autism.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-01-21 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The irony that Americas interventionism has caused the most problems in the world is lost on you.
    Hence why the people voted for someone who would stop intervening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    There is a tape recording of him admitting to sexual assault.
    Next time I talk with my buddies in a private space I'll be sure to say that when I'm saying I grabbed my GF by the boob it was totally with consent. Nice propaganda tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The difference being that the right reacted to Obama with racism and conspiracy theories. Claiming that Obama was secretly a muslim born in kenya had no basis in any of his policies or campaign promises. Today people are protesting trump for things that he has actually said and done. It takes an extraordinary amount of cognitive dissonance to look at people quoting trump word for word and say that they are overreacting. There is a tape recording of him admitting to sexual assault. He's proposed a registry of a religious minority group. And he's taking healthcare away from millions.

Telling people that they're just as bad as right wing conspiracy nuts for being worried about trump's actual policies is no more than wilful ignorance. This isn't a scenario where both sides have equally good and bad points.
    What sexual assault?

Yes.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hands up I am no expert in the political history of American history of Presidents so perhaps stuff like this has already occurred but from an outsider the amount of crazy happening over Trump is bewildering to me. Protests, riots and seemingly a country completely divided almost aggressively because of one man, it's awfully worrying. Do you think 2016/2017 will be recorded as a stain in your history books? I don't recall seeing as much friction regarding Clinton, Bush & Obama. I understand Presidents usually get negative attention eventually but not immediately
    We have had poor leaders before, Trump may or may not be. We don't know.

The world and America is at a point in development where culture is the major dividing line for many citizens. There were points in US history in which economy or human rights were the major points of division; great depression era or the civil rights movement, for example.

It's not about 'one man', per se.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Hence why the people voted for someone who would stop intervening.
    Sure they did, lollol.

Deleted
    It is already a stain, a big one: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-live-coverage

Enjoy the next four years. And the incoming impeachment.

Deleted
    I'm not American. And did you feel the same about joining the EU? You've been significantly assisted by my own countries economy as well as France and Germany. This wouldn't have happened if every country looked utterly insular.

The policies Trump has are mainly all bluster. You are not going to defeat China in a manufacturing war as a western nation. It just isn't going to happen. Plus it's not as if the American economy is doing poorly. It's fine at the moment, China is not prospering at the expense of the US.
    We've been assisted because we buy your products. China has imposed quatas on a lot of US products. We buy german cars, drink belgian beer and wipe our ass with italian toilet paper. Avg chinease rarely buys anything made in US.

ps: 9/10 supermarket/hypermarket is foreigner, as in non-Romanian. 9/10 IT companies are non-romanians. So ofc EU has every interested in giving us money since we spend it on EU shit.

Next time I talk with my buddies in a private space I'll be sure to say that when I'm saying I grabbed my GF by the boob it was totally with consent. Nice propaganda tho.
    If you're talking about your girlfriend, people will assume it's consensual.

I don't think Americans need gypsies lecturing us on what is or isn't treason.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Like flinging around neurological disorders to insult people you don't like?
    It's not directed at anyone specifically, but you might have a point.

Autism might not be a strong enough disorder.