10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL so true.
    ohh we're out of luck. GRRM is spending the next few months tweeting and blogging about the Hugos. I think one of his anthologies or water-damaged collectibles is up for an award this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I wonder who will write the last two novels when GRRM passes away. Do you think his editor already has someone lined up?
    No one will.

He's already stated that if he dies the stories die with him for as long as possible.

When he dies the rights pass to his wife who he's stated will respect his wishes, after that, who knows.

But if he does die, it'll be even longer before we get the next book.

Deleted
    Patience is a virtue.

Also GRRM responded to a fan that he made progress and thinks the book will come this year. But iirc he said something similar last year already.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    No one will.

He's already stated that if he dies the stories die with him for as long as possible.

When he dies the rights pass to his wife who he's stated will respect his wishes, after that, who knows.

But if he does die, it'll be even longer before we get the next book.
    Not exactly if he dies the show ending will simply become the official ending, and The show producers will just tell everyone that the show ending matched what GRRM told them was going to be the book ending as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Not exactly if he dies the show ending will simply become the official ending, and The show producers will just tell everyone that the show ending matched what GRRM told them was going to be the book ending as well.
    The post I was responding to specifically asked about the books.

Regardless of how the show ends, or how similar those endings will be, there a lot of plot lines still ongoing in the books that have yet to be resolved, that were never present in the show.

Having the show be the end for the entire thing would be a very poor substitute.

He thought so years ago already, this adds nothing new.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

It would be the biggest middle finger ever. People have followed those books for 20 years.

S7 is going to be great, wonder who will end up getting married in the end thou. John + Danny or Gendry + Arrya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    S7 is going to be great, wonder who will end up getting married in the end thou. John + Danny or Gendry + Arrya.
    I'm guessing Jon and Dany, but hoping for Gendry and Arya (in the books it'll be Aegon and Arya)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Considering Grimm has been all about subverting expectations, I fully expect Jon and Dany to not get together and actually end up opposed to each other (Northmen don't want to be under the thumb of the Targaryeans ever again as evidenced by the season 6 proclamation and Dany is too proud/entitled to accept anything less than a full takeover of the continent, therefore conflict will ensue. Dany's forces will be anhillated by the time she makes it up north anyways though, and Jon's got better things to do like prepare for the apocalypse. I also doubt Jon will ever find out about his Targaryean heritage.

- - - Updated - - -

If Jon does get together with Dany, then he is without a doubt the third betrayer to Dany the prophecy talked about, so either way there's not going to be a Dany + Jon rule together happily ever after ending.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm guessing Jon and Dany, but hoping for Gendry and Arya (in the books it'll be Aegon and Arya)
    O.o Uhh. Aegon isn't actually mainline Targ, but a Blackfyre. And from the released chapter, we know that he's likely going to end up in a marriage alliance with Arianne (who may or may not be aware of his actual ancestry).

I'm not sure what everyone's enduring fascination with Gendry is. I don't expect him to really amount to anything socio-politically. And Arya is so damaged I don't see her being happy as anything other than perhaps permanently warged into her wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Considering Grimm has been all about subverting expectations, I fully expect Jon and Dany to not get together and actually end up opposed to each other (Northmen don't want to be under the thumb of the Targaryeans ever again as evidenced by the season 6 proclamation and Dany is too proud/entitled to accept anything less than a full takeover of the continent, therefore conflict will ensue. Dany's forces will be anhillated by the time she makes it up north anyways though, and Jon's got better things to do like prepare for the apocalypse. I also doubt Jon will ever find out about his Targaryean heritage.

- - - Updated - - -

If Jon does get together with Dany, then he is without a doubt the third betrayer to Dany the prophecy talked about, so either way there's not going to be a Dany + Jon rule together happily ever after ending.
    While I don't expect them to get a happily-ever-after, I'm not sure they'll end up opposed. Dany has been showing signs of wanting to give greater autonomy to her subjects. Her greatest frustration with the slaves of Mereen has been their need for an autocratic ruler. In the show she has shown affinity for granting autonomy in exchange for cooperation and rule of law.

I have my own pet theory on her third betrayal, but it's a long shot and requires the return of a long-missing character.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-02-13 at 03:49 AM.

Jon and Dany will probably get together. But it wont be all unicorns and rainbows ggrm said it would be bitter sweet.

One of them is probably gong to die around the time they have kids. Probably Dany she wants the throne so badly, but never really thought about what comes after. Jon on the other hand only really wants the love of a woman and a family. I can see Dany dieing while giving birth, perhaps to triplets. Would be both tragic and fitting in a way. Don't get me wrong i like Dany but she has been protected by Drogo Jora Dario the Dragons the Unsullied the Dothraki, It would be fitting for her to be felled by something no one could protect her from, her own body. Jon would have the family name for his children he always wanted, but would be left reagent and ruler of a kingdom he never wanted without ever finding love.

I can see Arya staying single indefinably. If she were ever to wed it would be Warden of the stormlands Gendry.

With Sansa who knows. If she is Wardeness of the north i can see her matrilinealy marrying a minor noble to keep the Stark name living on.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-13 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Jon and Dany will probably get together. But it wont be all unicorns and rainbows ggrm said it would be bitter sweet.

One of them is probably gong to die around the time they have kids.
    She cant have kids. Already tried. Her dragons are her children.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    She cant have kids. Already tried. Her dragons are her children.
    She can, at least in the books and likely will in the show as its end game, it is one of the three biggest theories in the show/books Along with Jon is Azor Ahai and Jon is a Targarian. 2/3 have been proven.

In the books the prophecy has already been fulfilled.

Drogo returning to her is Drogon the dragon name after him returning and saving Dany from the pit.

The sun rising in the west and setting in the east is Quinten Martell Leaving Dorne going to Essos and dieing.

The seas go dry refers the the Dothraki Sea experiencing a drought.

And then she has a miscarriage. After Drogon fly's her out of the pit she she eats wild berries and even though she has not had a period in months she start bleeding heavily.

In the show it will probably be explained away as the ravings of a madwomen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    She can, at least in the books and likely will in the show as its end game, it is one of the three biggest theories in the show/books Along with Jon is Azor Ahai and Jon is a Targarian. 2/3 have been proven.

In the books the prophecy has already been fulfilled.

Drogo returning to her is Drogon the dragon name after him returning and saving Dany from the pit.

The sun rising in the west and setting in the east is Quinten Martell Leaving Dorne going to Essos and dieing.

The seas go dry refers the the Dothraki Sea experiencing a drought.

And then she has a miscarriage. After Drogon fly's her out of the pit she she eats wild berries and even though she has not had a period in months she start bleeding heavily.

In the show it will probably be explained away as the ravings of a madwomen.
    Yeah books are not the TV show. And they are just going to discard the scaly dragon like fetus she had because??? Prophecy?? Not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah books are not the TV show. And they are just going to discard the scaly dragon like fetus she had because??? Prophecy?? Not buying it.
    I mean that's your prerogative man. But they already used the Azhor Ahli prophecy to resurrect Jon even though it wasn't talked about in the show and i think Azhor Ahli himself was only mentioned once.

In the books if it was prophecy then the fulfillment of it literally means she will have a kid again.

Irl there are some pretty crazy looking miscarriage babies i went to an exhibit in school and saw first hand. Previously infertile women some times randomly get pregnant. Just because it appeared dragonish doesn't much.

The show runners have already stated that while the small things may differ the main points will be the same. Hence why Jon was resurrected instead of just barely surviving the stabbing. Dany mothering a new generation of Targarians is as big as it gets.

Grrm LOVES his foreshadowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    O.o Uhh. Aegon isn't actually mainline Targ, but a Blackfyre. And from the released chapter, we know that he's likely going to end up in a marriage alliance with Arianne (who may or may not be aware of his actual ancestry).

I'm not sure what everyone's enduring fascination with Gendry is. I don't expect him to really amount to anything socio-politically. And Arya is so damaged I don't see her being happy as anything other than perhaps permanently warged into her wolf.
    Doesn't really matter if he's a Blackfyre. If everyone believes he's a pure Targ, then he might as well be! But yeah, I have a feeling the Arianne marriage wont end well, and he'll end up on the throne with Arya by his side.

Not idea why everyone is obsessed with Gendry. I think it's because he's one of the King's offshoots AND we never really got any closure to his story. He sailed away one day and never landed.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think its because Edric Storm isn't in the show so Gendry is the closest thing to a "rightful" Lord the Stormlands has + he is the closest thing Arya has to a love interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Because he's the last of the Baratheon bloodline (that we know of).