Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanbane View Post
    So they give our most important talent row an unviable talent, a weak talent, and an OP talent.
    You mean an unviable talent, a weak talent and a viable talent. Crusade isn't overpowered, it's perfectly fine, the others are just under performing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    15% nerf to crusade bonus damage and haste, 20% bonus to blade of wet noodle. Bit of a nerf, can we maybe have our trinket restored?
    Trinket is getting buffed for ret again, so wish granted?

Okay well.. its happening. So lets crank out the napkins and lets do some math with me see if we cant maximize.

Tooltip in WoWhead says Blades of Wrath can proc "4 + Haste",wtf is that math.
    My theory currently is that haste will get a minimal boost for our AA to get more procs.. Probably not more than the 31.25% break point.. But I feel like a lot more pallies would be aiming for that.

Side note.. I think they are still going about it the wrong way.. Buff a ability that is barely used in NH because of all the AoE.. makes that 20% negligible honestly.
    Last edited by Ihas; 2017-01-21 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    ''Blizzard Heardquarters - Patch 7.1.5 development''

-So guys we have 2 issues to discuss today. 1)Legendaries need to be modified so theres not that much gap between the ''dps'' and the ''utility'' ones 2)We have eventually to do something about Crusade as we have warned them in the past. Any ideas?

-I know!! Lets change one ret paladin legendary from Blessings utility, to 20% more damage during Crusade.

-But if something goes wrong, despite our deep and extended testing?

-No problem, we can nerf both to the ground, on the first week.

-Genius.
    Last edited by mmoc2c4500ad96; 2017-01-21 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You mean an unviable talent, a weak talent and a viable talent. Crusade isn't overpowered, it's perfectly fine, the others are just under performing.
    That's stupid as fuck. Crusade alone dictates our DPS atm. That's not 'viable', that's outright retarded design.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That's stupid as fuck. Crusade alone dictates our DPS atm. That's not 'viable', that's outright retarded design.
    And the reason for that is that both other "options" are no options at all.
    Crusade is strong, sure, but it is the only viable one, hence it dictating our dps and gear preferences.

Deleted
    Blizzard designers in 8 yo dyslectics. Their post makes no sense when you read it and whichever way you look at it again doesn't make sense.

Well it was coming.

Be glad it's not the "redesign" we had a couple months ago.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The other question is do we know what they are doing to CoF yet? Lore said they were buffing it back up, but I dont think we know to what end yet.

Im happy to see the blade of wrath change as well, I found it very odd that divine hammer was out performing blade of wrath even on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamian View Post
    The other question is do we know what they are doing to CoF yet? Lore said they were buffing it back up, but I dont think we know to what end yet.

Im happy to see the blade of wrath change as well, I found it very odd that divine hammer was out performing blade of wrath even on single target.
    DH wasn't ahead on true ST.

Blizz just put some kind of cleave in basically every NH fight, so DH was(and will be) used on most fights in there.

It'll be used on all but 1 fight likely. Wish they buffed it also by 20% along with BoJ though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh that's not how it works. It's a 1-1.45/1.525 loss, so just under 5%
    Someone failed math in school..

7+ Year Old Account
    So they give our most important talent row
    There's no such thing as a "most important talent row".

Secondly, it is unfortunate that we lost exciting talents like holy avenger, final verdict, sanctified wrath, and to a lesser extent empowered divine storm etc, which were all interesting because they affected our rotation, particularly those that affected wings. Whereas Crusade is the same rotation, but a bit faster, and now that is even being slowed down.
    All true, but that doesn't change the fact that Crusade is simply too good. As @Thete and others have made clear, the L100 talent row is a non-choice. Sure, buffing DP would be nice, but it would have to be buffed an awful lot to be balanced with Crusade. And even then, the very concept of Rets doing so much of their damage in this narrow window is just horrible design. 7.2 will hopefully see a lot more changes in this department.

More importantly, it is absurd that we are being tuned around the retribution passive talent, when a) we were told that would not be the case and b) that damage increase will not be as prevalent after the first week or so of the tier (when more people are dying on these new fights).
    Where did they say this? Or even imply this?

Deleted
    With a +52,5% buff to damage, abilities that did 1000 damage do 1525
    With a +45% buff to damage, abilities that did 1000 damage do 1450
    The loss is 75 points of damage which is 75/1525=4.9% of the damage you did earlier in that instance. So, 1-(1,45/1,525)

This of course does not account for the haste effect nor for the fact that this is just Crusade which does not have a perfect uptime but neither did the person I was quoting. Explain where my reasoning is wrong?
    More like this:
    52.5 * x = 45
    x = 45 / 52.5
    x = approx 0.85
    Which means it's only 85% as powerful as before = 15 % nerf.

End.
    (btw we are talking about how much Crusade itself got nerfed, guess that's why you dont grasp it :P)
    Last edited by mmocbf9015e06e; 2017-01-21 at 04:16 PM.

With a +52,5% buff to damage, abilities that did 1000 damage do 1525
    With a +45% buff to damage, abilities that did 1000 damage do 1450
    The loss is 75 points of damage which is 75/1525=4.9% of the damage you did earlier in that instance. So, 1-(1,45/1,525)
    With +52,5%, Crusade adds 525 damage
    With +45%, Crusade adds 450 damage
    450/525*100 = 85,7% of the original effect. Alas, Crusade is now 14,3% weaker.

Deleted
    Which is pointless. What you care is about the total effect. But I digress

Someone get a math teacher in here.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Crusade loses 7.5% worth of bonus damage and Haste compared to old version.
    7.5% out of 52% equals a 6.9% loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Crusade alone dictates our DPS atm. That's not 'viable', that's outright retarded design.
    Crusade dictates our DPS because the other choices are not viable, and will continue not to be after this nerf. That isn't a Crusade problem, that is a problem of us not having viable alternatives, the answer is to buff DP and Holy Wrath, not nerf Crusade.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Crusade dictates our DPS because the other choices are not viable, and will continue not to be after this nerf. That isn't a Crusade problem, that is a problem of us not having viable alternatives, the answer is to buff DP and Holy Wrath, not nerf Crusade.
    The easiest way to fix that tier is doing both.

Nerfing Crusade and giving actual compensation outside of Crusade(not a 20% buff to a spell we barely even use in the current raid tier) would go a long way in closing the gap between DP and Crusade.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2017-01-21 at 05:44 PM.