Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People choose what food they eat. They choose how much exercise they get. I never said it wasn't a difficult choice to get skinny, being fat is easy as hell to do. You have to want to be skinny, and you have to want it more than that bag of chips and Mountain Dew on your desk.
    I kind of agree. Except some people can have both. They can stay skinny and still eat whatever they want, whenever they feel like it. That the difference I've been trying to point out. We (skinny people, assuming you are too) can't sit here all high and mighty and tell people to "just eat less". We don't understand how hard that is for those who keep trying to but just can't do it, when we are able to quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Obesity is destroying the social fabric of our society. It's a war and we need to take action.

There was a rather huge study done in Europe that showed that inactivity killed people more than obesity.

Fat inactive people were more likely to die than fat active people. Fat active people were less likely to die than slim inactive people.

Low willpower is a subjective term. If someone cannot stop from eating too much food, they have low willpower in my eyes.
    Again - as you have missed it before, this rarely has anything to do with eating too much food.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it should result in you being immediately executed, as an obstacle to the glorious advancements in eugenics!

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, it should result in you being immediately executed, as an obstacle to the glorious advancements in eugenics!
    I'd happily take the choice of euthanasia if offered, better than some drawn out death from obesity related issues.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Complicated, but a real issue - if you want details PM me.

But just for comparison - I can't even watch a movie I want to watch, at home - on Bluray even though I have it - without some external assistance.

Walking isn't free for me, nothing is free for me... I have to pay for every last thing I want.

As I said - the world is complex and people are complex, narrowing them down to a 0 or 1 is unhelpful, and wrong.
    How on Earth do you have to pay in order to walk?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. It just sounds like you have an unlimited amount of excuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    I kind of agree. Except some people can have both. They can stay skinny and still eat whatever they want, whenever they feel like it. That the difference I've been trying to point out. We (skinny people, assuming you are too) can't sit here all high and mighty and tell people to "just eat less". We don't understand how hard that is for those who keep trying to but just can't do it, when we are able to quite easily.
    That's simple not true. Skinny people that "eat whatever they want, whenever they feel like it" just tend to overestimate how much they actually eat. Aside from that nitpick yes telling someone to "just eat less" is far too general of advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should wanting to be able to stick your nose into everyone else's lives mean you pay more taxes?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

As a fat person, I honestly think this sounds fair. But they'd also have to tax gun ownership more heavily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    You won the Dumbest post of the Day, G´day sir.
    If youre sick you already Pay For it,
    You pay for your Kids, they are the future tax payers.
    growing old, sure, if you worked hard, dafuq is the cost for the state? mos people earn it, not all live on welfare like you.

So many dumb shit in one post, keep up the good work, you will reach this 15k posts soon.
    No. If you're sick and require any sort of prolonged treatment, hospital stay or operation you're going to be costing the healthcare system a lot more than you've put in. Your treatment is paid for by all the people who pay taxes and don't utilize their share of it.

How do you not know of any expense of the state for old people? Are there no assistance of any kind of old people where you're from? OP is from Finland, I'm from Norway, if you assumed this thread was exclusively about the US, that's on you.

Maybe you should have taken greater advantage of tax-funded education, because you type like an 8-year old.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    The difference between a normal metabolism and a "high" metabolism is only a couple hundred calories, it's not that much. You can tell people to just eat less, because that is all it takes. The science behind losing weight is there, the personal drive to lose weight is not. Once again, if someone is obese, it's because he has chosen to be that way. Sometimes things are more difficult for some people than others, but it doesn't matter. In the end, they still chose that path.

How on Earth do you have to pay in order to walk?
    As I've said - the issue comes from a mental illness, it is real ... and pretty much destroyed my entire life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Pretty sure "stop eating" as a method as earlier suggested, qualifies as that extreme starvation diet. So would cutting your daily normal intake in half, as an example. Some do that.

Also, it's far, far harder to lose more weight, when one is not overweight, compared to losing weight when one is overweight.
    If he literally meant stop eating then he's right. Body can't start storing lots of fat if there's nothing coming in

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Being fat costs the state more, therefore it is only fair that you have to pay more taxes.
    Yes. It is called a fat/sugar tax. In many places some form of this tax is already implemented, and this should be general practice.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Again - as you have missed it before, this rarely has anything to do with eating too much food.
    Yes, it is about caloric consumption versus usage. Saying you eat only two meals a day is insufficient, if those meals are filled with calories. Two meals a day can easily equal 4,000 calories, which is far more than the average person needs.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. It just sounds like you have an unlimited amount of excuses.
    No excuses - just have to live with reality. Your opinion doesn't suddenly mean I get to live my life, if it did - I'd welcome all the abuse you have.

Don't they already pay higher health insurance? Give them a break geez.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Should being dumb result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being black result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being white result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being atheist result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being religious result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being ill result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being old result in having to pay more taxes?
    Should being foreign result in having to pay more taxes?
    No, but I think making pointless forum threads should...
    Last edited by Googolplex; 2017-01-21 at 06:05 PM.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Yes, it is about caloric consumption versus usage. Saying you eat only two meals a day is insufficient, if those meals are filled with calories. Two meals a day can easily equal 4,000 calories, which is far more than the average person needs.
    Exactly - but the issue I have is I don't have any control over my diet due to other complications....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    That's simple not true. Skinny people that "eat whatever they want, whenever they feel like it" just tend to overestimate how much they actually eat. Aside from that nitpick yes telling someone to "just eat less" is far too general of advice.
    I'm not saying that they can literally eat more calories than they burn, and still stay slim. I'm saying that they don't have to be consious about it.