Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://www.diversityinc.com/news/malia-obama-fox-news/
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/05...aughter/165466
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...ughters-113228
    https://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/...vard/21369137/

By the way, for the people who are acting like this is unprecedented, get a grip. Google any version of "people make fun of Obama's kids" and you'll find plenty of examples of people, even people more involved in the political sphere than some comedy writer, doing it.
    I remember his daughters getting a lot of hate. Wasn't okey then either, and it was the Obama-supporters being outraged that anyone would attacks his kids.

Same shit repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I remember his daughters getting a lot of hate. Wasn't okey then either, and it was the Obama-supporters being outraged that anyone would attacks his kids.

Same shit repeating itself.
    And I got the feeling that, once the next "Change!"-politician comes, it'll happen yet again. It's sad, but I find it to be an inevitability.

Only thing that can help matters is knowing that these folks are only the most ardent followers of the party and, in turn, do not represent the majority that does not engage in said actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make sense to me that specifically the alt-right is the joke when they're exactly the same as everyone else, and everyone else also claimed not to do what they're doing.

It's like you being on one football team that you think is great, and hating the competing team that you think is shit. Then when both teams loose all their matches and both fall apart you tell your own team "haha look at that other team, what a joke".

Or to put it another way, pot meet kettle.
    Not a big fan of reading posts, are we? Let me try to make it a bit clearer to you then.

As the American "left" is about a mile to my right, I don't have a horse in this race. However, when someone exposes their own hypocrisy in such a major way as the alt-right trump fans have done on this issue, it is funny. THAT is the joke, and it doesn't make any difference whether it is the "alt-right" or the "liberal left" doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Really sad... They claim Trump is the one spreading hate yet the people that critize him are the ones spreading it themselves.
    It seems it's also raining complaints at NBC with people demanding her getting fired asap.

[IMG]<snip>[/IMG]
    It's both sides spreading hate. It's sad really. I'm not sure hate is the counter to hate... I also don't know why you would attack a 10 yr old..

15+ Year Old Account
    That's because we treat politics with all of the principled seriousness of football and rooting for "your" team, which is to say virtually none. Morals and partisanship aside, I would hope we could all agree that not turning children into an object of public ridicule is probably better for their long term outcome and thus for our society. At the same time, this entire issue (and thread) is a cluster fuck of team sports and virtue signaling. As I just posted examples of, even conservative commentators and GOP staffers had no problems attacking Obama's children. Now the GOP wants to turn around and be all outraged that anyone would dare mock Trump's kid. The posters here are no different. It's hollow partisanship and feigned outrage leveraging the same tools they just railed against for eight years to fight against the use of a tool they themselves had no problem using eight years ago. If people want to be pissed about hypocrisy, go for it, but this entire issue is manufactured controversy, while any genuine concern for Trump McJr is quickly forgotten about and relegated to the sidelines.
    Was close to just not responding because I had nothing to add. Yes, totally agree with everything you said here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Not a big fan of reading posts, are we? Let me try to make it a bit clearer to you then.

As the American "left" is about a mile to my right, I don't have a horse in this race. However, when someone exposes their own hypocrisy in such a major way as the alt-right trump fans have done on this issue, it is funny. THAT is the joke, and it doesn't make any difference whether it is the "alt-right" or the "liberal left" doing so.
    What I'm getting at is that both sides have done an perfect role-swap on this. Both sides doing exactly what they condemned, both sides reeking of hypocrisy. Yet your focus is on the failings of one specific side in this. That seems a lot like bias to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Morals. What nonsense. These are total inventions- there is nothing that is sacred, holy, divine or beyond reproach about humanity.

No one should care about such a thing. She was making a mean spirited joke- sure. That's not newsworthy.

The president of the US is on tape saying he can grab women by the pussy because he is famous.
    Why the underline for the president of the US then? Is pussy an exception and it's the one thing that is beyond reproach about humanity? Besides, he said they let him do that. Consensual activity, the horror. The more questionable thing about that tape was him talking about how he doesn't wait and just kisses women, but everyone jumped on pussygrabbing bandwagon because it made for better clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Um hm. Yea, I am sure those women gave their consent to be grabbed by the pussy. Plausible.
    Plausible or not, if your complaint is that the president of the US has been caught on tape saying things unbecoming of the position, at least complain about what was actually said. And damn, women (or humans in general) being sexually open towards rich, famous and powerful people? Never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why is it always the Alt-Right bitching about what someone said when they calm to be anti-PC.

I'm going to need a definition of what "Anti-PC" means. I have a theory about it though
    Maybe they're Apple hipsters? God, an alt-right hipster. I think I just redefined cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

A bit ironic that it's now the right that are going to forums crying about mean liberals. Wasn't it exactly this behavior that the conservatives called "SJW"? Grow up you PC cucks.

Deleted
    Hoping for white genocide, burning the American flag, literally publicly hating an innocent 10 year old because he is the son of the American president, and defending those actions definitely all fall under a pretty straightforward interpretation of freedom of speech. If you disagree, then I daresay you are the one perverting it.
    A public wish for mass murder and harassing an innocent 10 year old = freedom of speech?
    I am just glad you are someone elses disappointment and I dont have anything to do with you.

The leftist indoctrination of academia must truly run deep. I wonder who is funding them...

Barron Trump kind of reminds me of that creepy Damien kid from
    the Movie : The OMEN

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-01-21 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    A bit ironic that it's now the right that are going to forums crying about mean liberals. Wasn't it exactly this behavior that the conservatives called "SJW"? Grow up you PC cucks.
    Expecting a GROWN PERSON to not hate on a 10 year old is not being "SJW" its a thing called common human decency. Grow up and become an adult sometime in your life. Stop trying to label everything and everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm getting at is that both sides have done an perfect role-swap on this. Both sides doing exactly what they condemned, both sides reeking of hypocrisy.
    Which is what I pointed out, the complete role-reversal is hillarious.

Yet your focus is on the failings of one specific side in this. That seems a lot like bias to me.
    Well GEE...could that be because this thread specifically (and perfectly) showcases the hypocrisy of one side? Why yes, THAT might be the reason! You'd perhaps like me to derail the topic by digging up examples of the hypocrisy of the American "liberal left"? No? Then I really don't know what the heck you're complaining about.

You are trying awfully hard to paint me as biased in this (which I'll gladly admit that I might have been if I were not entirely disgusted with both sides of the US political spectrum), I wonder if that could be a sign of your own bias?

Basically this thread has shown once again the vile from the political agenda from certain groups. It's okay to beat up disabled people because mad that Clinton lost. It's okay to mock and ridicule children because mad that Clinton lost. It's okay to destroy property because Clinton lost. All in the name of fabricated justice to protect something that hasn't been taken away, except your pride apparently. Prideful people never win. History proves this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

There's no winner here. Just people on both sides proving that they're hypocritical assholes. Your side, whatever side that is, is no less of a joke.
    And that's the real real (real squared?) joke here. The entirety of the US politics. Now, of course other countries are guilty of that to some degree, but a two party system country brings the most pure version of this.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I like the ones of him looking bored, they're funny, and in good taste. This is pretty disgusting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesco View Post
    Expecting a GROWN PERSON to not hate on a 10 year old is not being "SJW" its a thing called common human decency. Grow up and become an adult sometime in your life. Stop trying to label everything and everyone.
    Again, ironic. I'm simply doing the same thing as conservatives. And yes they do label everyone and everything. It's either SJW, cuck, beta-male or "libtard". The same thing liberals complain about then? The alt-right (conservatives) not showing respect to individuals? Look in the fucking mirror, jesus christ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Well GEE...could that be because this thread specifically (and perfectly) showcases the hypocrisy of one side? Why yes, THAT might be the reason! You'd perhaps like me to derail the topic by digging up examples of the hypocrisy of the American "liberal left"? No? Then I really don't know what the heck you're complaining about.

You are trying awfully hard to paint me as biased in this (which I'll gladly admit that I might have been if I were not entirely disgusted with both sides of the US political spectrum), I wonder if that could be a sign of your own bias?
    OP: Look at the hypocrisy of the anti-trump side
    You: The real joke is the alt-right.

^ that to me looks like two people on opposite "teams" only focusing on the failure of the other side.

That's because we treat politics with all of the principled seriousness of football and rooting for "your" team, which is to say virtually none. Morals and partisanship aside, I would hope we could all agree that not turning children into an object of public ridicule is probably better for their long term outcome and thus for our society. At the same time, this entire issue (and thread) is a cluster fuck of team sports and virtue signaling. As I just posted examples of, even conservative commentators and GOP staffers had no problems attacking Obama's children. Now the GOP wants to turn around and be all outraged that anyone would dare mock Trump's kid. The posters here are no different. It's hollow partisanship and feigned outrage leveraging the same tools they just railed against for eight years to fight against the use of a tool they themselves had no problem using eight years ago. If people want to be pissed about hypocrisy, go for it, but this entire issue is manufactured controversy, while any genuine concern for Trump McJr is quickly forgotten about and relegated to the sidelines.
    Since I'm not sure if you're using GOP in a broad sense or not here, I'll just mention for clarity's sake (even if it clarifies things for other users and not you in particular), the GOP Tennessee account from the OP is not an official GOP account. So this account getting triggered isn't GOP turning around (in context of GOP staffers from your previous sentence), it's just random republicans whose stance on attacks against Obama's children is unknown. Then again I didn't follow this story further than the OP and I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Trump already had 20 Twitter meltdowns about it, his GOP asslicking politicians following suit. And in terms of the overall message, I can't disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Hmmm, nope. Not going to generalize every Democratic voter or 'liberal' from examples such as these. As little as I let shooters who happen to be registered Democrat, or have an arabic-sounding name, direct my anger following a mass shootings. At the same time, I don't let people such as that class-A idiot who was all smug about Obamacare being repealed, while on it himself, represent the GOP voters who "vote against their self-interest", or let people like Ann Coulter represent GOP-voting women.

You see, fighting against being generalized, by making sweeping generalizations out of a few rotten examples, usually doesn't help. But hey, I'm guilty of some levels of generalizations myself. For example I think it's extremely easy to spot vocal online Trump supporters looking for a few common traits in their rhetoric. You can pretty much tell just by a couple of sentences. Very common ways to argue, extreme hyperbole. Gleefulness. Adopts "their sides" common arguments and seem to think it makes themselves seem more informed. Trump calls CNN Fake News, thus I shall call "MSM" news Fake News. And of course, using rhetoric that makes them explode when it's directed back at them.

That's how the Liberals roll. "Do as I say- not as I do". They have never been about "equality" of any kind. They just like to stir up hate and discontent. This should not surprise ANYBODY at this point since it has become the norm over the last 8 years from them. They really are sick and demented individuals.
    A good example. Hyperbole. Sweeping generalizations of non-Trump voters this election. Someone who probably likes to write out "Trump won, deal with it." and "Liberal tears."
    *checks Post history*

Woah!!! Hold on a sec!!!! FACTS?!?!?!?! Liberals (The OP) doesn't like facts.....they just like leftist propaganda and lies. Now Hillary and her stooges can play the "victim card" because blaming others for your own actions or inactions has become a staple of the left and its vote base.

I can't wait to see what bullshit they come up with in 2020. lol

[...]
    That moron easily destroyed the Democrat party. Remember that.

[...]
    CNN is fake news. I knew that before Trump said it. "Hands up don't shoot" was a lie yet still was reported as truth. That's fake news that took race relations back. The left media needs to own up to that disgusting behavior of race driven politics as well as the Democratic party as a whole.
    Andwhaddayakno?

This pesky thing called evolution gave humans a sometimes quite annoying trait, and that is to be very mindful of patterns and recurrences. So I do generalize Trump supporters to some extent. It's so goddamn easy to tell online who voted for Trump and who didn't. Generally hyperbolic, reminds me a lot of usual internet trolls, bending facts, cherrypicking. Whataboutism taken to cult-like levels. Deflection and cognitive dissonance to the extreme.

"Quote anything Trump said that was racist."
    Quote: 'They're bringing drugs,' crime and are 'rapists'
    LUL fake news from Clinton News Network
    *video footage* / specify when and where he said it
    WELL HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT GENES WAS HE??? THATS ACTUAL RACISM! HE MEANT MEXICAN ILLEGALS SORRY NOT SORRY

It's like going to some shit related to Stormfront and hearing nazi-apologism. People see through you with ease. You don't need to explicitly say something for people to understand your true opinion. But Trump knows how to play the game. He is so vague his loyalists can interpret pretty much everything however they wish. Sure, he said that 'climate change is a chinese hoax', but clearly that doesn't mean he thinks it's not happening, but the Chinese are out-performing us due to shit like Paris deals!

Flip-flopping worse than Magikarps.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-01-21 at 07:29 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Really sad... They claim Trump is the one spreading hate yet the people that critize him are the ones spreading it themselves.
    It seems it's also raining complaints at NBC with people demanding her getting fired asap.

"Left has no boundaries, no morals" yeah let one woman speak for millions. Fucking brilliant.

It looks like you're looking to be triggered.
    Just stop it. Stop giving dumb shit attention.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I mean, I know you're using "cuck" to further emphasize the irony of the situation, but no. Just no. Let this word die. There's no need to ideologically appropriate it and turn it against the morons who made it a thing.