Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Leaving Key Runs should give lockouts

So this happens way to often for my liking, anyone else agree that people who leave key runs after 1 wipe should be locked from key runs for the rest of the week? Only the holder of the key should be able to leave without getting a desserter tag. Ive also had friends who have had people leave for no reason whatsoever just after pulling.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had anyone leave any of my runs after the second week of the expac. If you are seeing this often you should form your groups more carefully or find a guild.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

People will flame for this but since "it happens so much for you" maybe you're the problem?

Never happened to me either and I'm not tooting my horn here, just trying to help ya.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

How are you going to enforce this? We'll start at the top; people will just AFK if they feel it's going to be bad.

Define 'leave'?
    1. Getting kicked
    2. Getting D/Ced ?
    3. Server restart
    4. Instance reset

OP - if the problem had an easy solution, I can guarantee it would already be in place.

The best I can think of is to allow you to spend a 5 minute penalty to 'freeze' the timer to find a replacement.

My answer @op - it is already damned hard to get a M+ run as it is, making it even harder by removing people from the pool is not my idea of an improvement.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    So this happens way to often for my liking, anyone else agree that people who leave key runs after 1 wipe should be locked from key runs for the rest of the week? Only the holder of the key should be able to leave without getting a desserter tag. Ive also had friends who have had people leave for no reason whatsoever just after pulling.
    Haven't left one before, but I would think it would be fair enough to give them a 'leavers' debuff.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Haven't left one before, but I would think it would be fair enough to give them a 'leavers' debuff.
    Sounds awesome - care to define what you mean by 'leave' ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Sounds awesome - care to define what you mean by 'leave' ?
    Yes, if you didn't know. By leave, it is meant that you, as the player, press the 'leave dungeon' button. As well as the fake DC, by giving them an X amount of minutes to return, or they would get the debuff as well. Server restart isn't leaving, as you don't control that. Instance reset, isn't leaving, as you don't control that.

And to your comment, it is quite easy to get an M+ run, it is hard to get a real M+ run which is why there should be something against people fucking over the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if you didn't know. By leave, it is meant that you, as the player, press the 'leave dungeon' button. As well as the fake DC, by giving them an X amount of minutes to return, or they would get the debuff as well. Server restart isn't leaving, as you don't control that. Instance reset, isn't leaving, as you don't control that.

And to your comment, it is quite easy to get an M+ run, it is hard to get a real M+ run which is why there should be something against people fucking over the group.
    And to add to my own comment, getting Kicked shouldn't give as long a debuff as leaving.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Pseudo-problem.

You're doing something wrong.

You either aren't doing it with friends. You don't have a guild? You pug and often end up in shitty teams(no surprises there)?

What is it exactly that is the problem?

Because from the looks of it, more likely an issue with pugging, something you'll never get rid of. Find a guild and get some proper friends to do it with.

Your proposal, I don't support at all.

I have run plenty of keystones and not once have I seen this happen. From people I actually play with the only time I hear anybody talk about this the group is failing at an alarming rate so it is a clear waste of time or they are a group advertising something they can't possibly do. Giving players debuffs makes them prisoners to shit runs and bad experiences it also open the door for an entirely new form of trolling people. As always with pugs things don't always work out if you group with random people random things are going to happen. If you want to ensure better runs go with people you know or at the very least use your key with people you know.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yes, if you didn't know. By leave, it is meant that you, as the player, press the 'leave dungeon' button.
    lol ... a 'fake DC'.... your definition is not a definition at all, rather a list of vague possibilities that have no coherent central meaning.

What I'm asking you for is a definition - that doesn't require subjective judgement.

The fact is - there isn't one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to see any leaver in M+ and I run it all the time like a lunatic.
    It's actually surprising in a way, europe is kind of notorious for ragers in videogames.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Keys get depleted for stupid reasons a lot more in PUG's and they always will, if you don't want this to happen with your key then don't use it with those random people. There's no specific reward for using YOUR key, i only use keys belonging to other people in PUG groups and actually get better dungeon selection because of it.

We don't give lockouts to people for leaving raids, either. Why is m+ special? The main reason that i can think of would be that people treat mythic+ like PUG content as if it's somehow different from raids. PUG easy stuff, don't be upset when people screw it up. Organized groups for harder stuff, people don't screw it up for stupid reasons and then there is no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol ... a 'fake DC'.... your definition is not a definition at all, rather a list of vague possibilities that have no coherent central meaning.

What I'm asking you for is a definition - that doesn't require subjective judgement.

The fact is - there isn't one.
    I am pretty sure that hitting, 'leave dungeon' is defined just by its names. I am also pretty sure that disconnects are defined under being 'fake', 'players fault' or 'games fault'.

You don't need a thick description if the situation is known as a possibility.

I am pretty sure that hitting, 'leave dungeon' is defined just by its names. I am also pretty sure that disconnects are defined under being 'fake', 'players fault' or 'games fault'.
    Indeed, all very accurate - but subjective decisions.

That is - there is nothing in your definitions that could be coded in software.

That is - there is nothing in your definitions that could be coded in software.
    "Player leaves (or is removed from) group before timer has expired or dungeon has been completed."

The deserter debuffs have been in LFG and random BGs for as long as I can remember. I have no idea if this is a big enough problem in M+ to warrant something like that, but I don't know why you're being obtuse.

Never had it happen to me. Even the most toxic groups stayed together.

I think trying to 'solve' this problem by adding deserter buffs or giving you back your keystone would cause more problems than just keeping it as is

With some issues, there is no right answer. This seems like one of them.

the 4 members of the group will lose, either way. You'd basically just be asking for revenge if you wanted the leaver to be punished.

Granted I don't do a ton of them, but I've done a few hundred and literally have never had someone leave, not once.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Player leaves (or is removed from) group before timer has expired or dungeon has been completed."
    Is that your final spec Mr Customer ?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    but I don't know why you're being obtuse.
    Don't confuse me being obtuse, with a computer being obtuse.

I've been writing software for over 30 years, and I'm just asking you for a spec.

Your current spec:
    1. Will ban all persons in M+ runs when the weekly rollover occurs
    2. Will ban anyone who is kicked for any reason.
    3. Is disconnected due to their router rebooting
    It will also NOT punish people who
    1. Leave when working towards +1 chest.
    2. AFK during a run for 5 minutes here and there.

Can I get a revised spec please Mr Customer ?

Don't confuse me being obtuse, with a computer being obtuse.
    He says, demonstrating that he's being obtuse. "The system won't be perfect so I can't be implemented" is an asinine position to hold.