Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Which quote do you object to? I suppose it's sentiments along these lines:
    I object to the content of his speech, which is nothing but repeating his populism from the campign. He showed up with a war declaration against the establishment (which is hypocrisy, considering the fact he hires bank managers and billionaires), globalisation and talked about how "american people made industries of other countries rich", which just means he does not want americans to participate on the global trade anymore. He wants "to buy american and to hire american", which will lead to america leaving the international trade, lead to nationalist economy based on the coalition of corporations and government.

Trump is trying a risky experiment, which will not lead to a better world, but just focus entirely on america alone, which will surely not help to make americans economy to prosper even more, but instead will suffer from trade wars with upcoming powers like china and existing powers as like the european union. In return, every country trump tries to abuse for his goals, will tend to coalate with other players.

My government currently is thinking about trade agreements with china, when trump is going to build a coalition with russias dictator putin, whom he thinks could be a "friend" for america.

He questions the "Pax americana", the Nato and the american military presence outside of america, he wants to make deals with countries if they want to have american presense just leading to selling american military to those who offer most. At the end, making deals will not help to make the world more safe, but just destablize it up to a degree that america will suffer as well.

If you listen to trump, you get the idea he is not talking about a world power, but about a 3rd world country. If you listen to trump, you have the impression he thinks other countries want to plunder his "fellow americans". Which just isnt true, and never happened. Trade agreements always were meant to be win-win situations, trump only wants a win-situation for america and doesnt care about the other party.. which will lead to the problem no other party would be willing to agree, until they are being forced.

Trump did a nationalist radical speech. He wants to only care about america, and gives a shit about the world surrounding it. While america is, and you hopefully agree, part of the world. Trump will be the leader of the biggest economic and military force in the world, but it sounds he talks about venezuela.

Here's the full transcript.

Which quote do you object to? I suppose it's sentiments along these lines:

If these aren't the sentiments you find troubling, let me know.
    I have a question, does being a Patriot now mean to scam students, dodge war, bankrupt multiple businesses, being in Russia's pocket, out right lying to the American people and grabbin' some puss?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2017-01-21 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I have a question, does being a Patriot now mean to scam students, dodge war, bankrupt multiple businesses, being in Russia's pocket, out right lying to the American people and grabbin' some puss?
    I usually don't reply to questions when someone quotes a question of mine sans answer.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Yea, you say that until Putin comes knockin at your door, then you'll be beggin us to "intervene"
    Putin has nothing to do with milions dead civilians in Vietnam , Korea, Jugoslavia, Iraq and Afganistan. So, if i see president like Trump saying he will stop making shit all over the world and look into problems that USA is facing inside it's own borders i'm with that guy.

It's simple, circle is complete, you exploited and conquered every resource ritch countries in the middle east ,so now all that remains is Russia and Iran.
    So , your warmongering is over , you are gonna go to war vs Russia and lose that war like every other emire that tried in past 900 years and disappear in progress, or u gonna look into your own yard and start making your own economy that is not based on making profit from others people misery.

I hope you realize that Trump may saved lives of milions american ppl(if he live up on his words) , compared with Hillary if she was elected America would be dragged into war that could not be won .

So, this is how i see : Trump=USA stops killing people all over the world , clean your own mess .
    Hillary=massive war that could lead into millions of dead people from many sides.

Only difference between USA and nazi Gegmany is that USA haven't yet attacked any EU countries , USA is screwing with middle east countries that no one cares about, so it's not big political issue , so nobody is pressing anything .... but at the end it's no different , humans are humans , no matter where we live.
    I'm saying this again, circle is completed , no more profitable wars to make , only big one...change under Tramp leadership or disappear under some warmonger.

English is not my native language so i apologize if i sounds too offensive. Have no grudge against simple people, only against government and politicians.
    Cheers
    Last edited by kostas83; 2017-01-21 at 07:23 PM.

I usually don't reply to questions when someone quotes a question of mine sans answer.
    Except to say that you don't usually..

It's a sentiment I find troubling, which you offered to help solve had one been found.. I can't tell if I object without further dissemination.

By your definition or by any definition, does The Don™ live up to the standards of what a Patriot should be? Should we follow his example? Does a Patriot scam students? Does a Patriot try to trick the American people by muddying the truth with lies? Does a Patriot grab random women by the pussy without warrant?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2017-01-21 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I object to the content of his speech, which is nothing but repeating his populism from the campign. He showed up with a war declaration against the establishment (which is hypocrisy, considering the fact he hires bank managers and billionaires), globalisation and talked about how "american people made industries of other countries rich", which just means he does not want americans to participate on the global trade anymore. He wants "to buy american and to hire american", which will lead to america leaving the international trade, lead to nationalist economy based on the coalition of corporations and government.

Trump is trying a risky experiment, which will not lead to a better world, but just focus entirely on america alone, which will surely not help to make americans economy to prosper even more, but instead will suffer from trade wars with upcoming powers like china and existing powers as like the european union. In return, every country trump tries to abuse for his goals, will tend to coalate with other players.

My government currently is thinking about trade agreements with china, when trump is going to build a coalition with russias dictator putin, whom he thinks could be a "friend" for america.

He questions the "Pax americana", the Nato and the american military presence outside of america, he wants to make deals with countries if they want to have american presense just leading to selling american military to those who offer most. At the end, making deals will not help to make the world more safe, but just destablize it up to a degree that america will suffer as well.

If you listen to trump, you get the idea he is not talking about a world power, but about a 3rd world country. If you listen to trump, you have the impression he thinks other countries want to plunder his "fellow americans". Which just isnt true, and never happened. Trade agreements always were meant to be win-win situations, trump only wants a win-situation for america and doesnt care about the other party.. which will lead to the problem no other party would be willing to agree, until they are being forced.

Trump did a nationalist radical speech. He wants to only care about america, and gives a shit about the world surrounding it. While america is, and you hopefully agree, part of the world. Trump will be the leader of the biggest economic and military force in the world, but it sounds he talks about venezuela.
    This seems like a lot of pointing and sputtering, evoking all sorts of things that aren't really there in his actual speech, which is why I asked for a quote of what's objectionable. I see plenty of rhetoric here regarding your interpretation of his words, but mostly you just seem irritated that he's articulated the idea that American politicians should steadfastly promote the interests of the American people ahead of the interests of global citizens.

While I'm not a Trump supporter (I'll be surprised if his policies are particularly good), it is kind of nice to have an American politician that openly articulates that his job is to prioritize the wellbeing of Americans over non-Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Fascism in other words. That's what he is describing.
    This really doesn't need to be dignified with more than the only appropriate emoji.

Deleted
    While I'm not a Trump supporter (I'll be surprised if his policies are particularly good), it is kind of nice to have an American politician that openly articulates that his job is to prioritize the wellbeing of Americans over non-Americans.
    Which every leader infact does. Which the democratic governments also did. But trump needs to use it as argumentation.

Populism.

As you denounce my arguments as "pointing and sputtering" i think it is really useless to continue any kind of discussion with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Except to say that you don't usually..

It's a sentiment I find troubling, which you offered to help solve had one been found. I can't tell if I object without further dissemination.

By your definition, does The Don™ live up to your standards of what a Patriot should be?
    I replied to your post. I ignored your question. As you ignored my question, I will continue to ignore yours. Your second line here looks like word salad to me, so I can't really reply to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmYourself View Post
    Western ideology is what trump stands for. Everyone should be nationalist, just ask the people that live in the rape capital of europe. Sweden.
    So there is only 1 version of westen ideology.......nope. your wrong their are many flows of idology. And trump stands for the old one: Money = power, Power makes right. Everyone else is wrong.

As for Everyone should be nationalist ....... nope. Only not so smart people are. Because nation are a creation of power hungry men. We are all human and all strive to better ourselves, live longer and create a lasting memory of our selves or/and our world. Nationalist are scared people, who are lazy and afraid that things they never had will be taken away from them. They are racist just because they are afraid of change. Because change needs blood, sweat and tears. And that is the 3 things they do not want to do.

As for the sweden part????

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hands up I am no expert in the political history of American history of Presidents so perhaps stuff like this has already occurred but from an outsider the amount of crazy happening over Trump is bewildering to me. Protests, riots and seemingly a country completely divided almost aggressively because of one man, it's awfully worrying. Do you think 2016/2017 will be recorded as a stain in your history books? I don't recall seeing as much friction regarding Clinton, Bush & Obama. I understand Presidents usually get negative attention eventually but not immediately
    Bush will be a stain forever. But then, the US has a lot of stains already. One more doesn't really matter. Trust me, I know what I'm speaking about. Our stains are so black, we still get hated on for for pointing out that we know about those stains, please ignore them, we're really good at laundry, but they just won't go away, so we decided to just live with it and paint flowers around them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The thing is that neither Clinton nor any of the bushs were alt-right fascists that got into office with racist bigotry empowered by russian propaganda.
    That's a good point!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Obama has brought the US into more conflict than any other president, he's ordered over 10X more drone strikes than even Bush did - Over 26'000 bombs dropped in 2016 alone. +He's sold more weapons than any other administration before - mostly to countries with records of huge human rights abuses.

NO PROTESTS. FOR ANY OF IT. Half of USA would high five him as the greatest president ever.

Trump says some misogynistic comment, everyone goes crazy and there are thousand person protests in major cities around the world.

This will definitely be remembered as a time when everyone lost their frigin minds, but not because people voted for trumps
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2017-01-21 at 08:01 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Forgive us. Please.

We'll clean up our own mess.
    I think Churchill once said something along the lines of "Americans will always do the right thing.....after exhausting every other option.".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Obama has brought the US into more conflict than any other president, he's ordered over 10X more drone strikes than even Bush did - Over 26'000 bombs dropped in 2016 alone. +He's sold more weapons than any other administration before - mostly to countries with records of huge human rights abuses.

NO PROTESTS. FOR ANY OF IT. Half of USA would high five him as the greatest president ever.

Trump says soe misogynistic comments, everyone goes crazy and there are thousand person protests in major cities around the world.

This will definitely be remembered as a time when everyone lost their frigin minds, but not because people voted for trumps
    In other news, people get upset when someone acts like a horrible human being in public. In other other news, the sky is blue. More at 11.

The stain I see resulting from Trumpys victory
    Is the marches and protests against Democracy

President Trump was democratically elected
    Democracy is what the USA believes in and projects to other countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    The stain I see resulting from Trumpys victory
    Is the marches and protests against Democracy
    They are not protesting against democracy, but against Trump. And people have the right to protest against their government in a democracy.

President Trump was democratically elected
    Yes, and i also hope he allows his people to get rid off him again that way.

Democracy is what the USA believes in and projects to other countries.
    With trump, it will be more about nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Obama has brought the US into more conflict than any other president,
    How about that Lincoln guy? Or Roosevelt? I feel like they were involved in greater conflicts than bombing bronze age hellholes back to the stone age.

This thread, and pretty much every MMOC political thread, is just a bunch of overreacting sass from both sides. Everything the other side's president does is terrible and pure evil. "If you don't agree with me politically, you're ignorant!"
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You did have Nixon...so that is that.

And slavery.... and genocide.... and a civil war. So let us wait and see.
    Not exactly exclusive for the US, heck even Africans held White slaves at one point in history.

I'd be surprised if Trump does not manage to outperform Nixon and Bush jnr on bullshit and scandals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Hahah. Some posters melodrama about trump is hilarious.
    So you feel people should just ignore all the insane shit this man has said?