Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    There really is an interesting irony here, the left is not aware of it but in their efforts to paint Trump supporters as racists, by putting a spotlight on actual racists, they end up empowering said racists and give them a massive amount of publicity.

For example the KKK has like 4,000 to 5,000 members, in a country of 300 million, they aren't even really involved in any sort of attacks or anything, yet how many times did we see them mentioned in the news during the last 18 months? The left try to blame Trump for empowering these types, but in reality it's the left wing media outlets that are why peopl elike Richard Spencer get any attention at all.
    Liberals would point out what actually empowered racists was seeing a black man in office. This white supremacist resurgence started in 2009.

There really is an interesting irony here, the left is not aware of it but in their efforts to paint Trump supporters as racists, by putting a spotlight on actual racists, they end up empowering said racists and give them a massive amount of publicity.

For example the KKK has like 4,000 to 5,000 members, in a country of 300 million, they aren't even really involved in any sort of attacks or anything, yet how many times did we see them mentioned in the news during the last 18 months? The left try to blame Trump for empowering these types, but in reality it's the left wing media outlets that are why peopl elike Richard Spencer get any attention at all.
    As SSC articulates better than I can:
    Stop writing articles breathlessly following everything the KKK says. Stop writing several times more articles about the KKK than there are actual Klansmen. Remember that thing where Trump started out as a random joke, and then the media covered him way more than any other candidate because he was so outrageous, and gave him what was essentially free advertising, and then he became President-elect of the United States? Is the lesson you learned from this experience that you need 24-7 coverage of the Ku Klux Klan?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Then you set aside federal funding to finance local organization.

Because you know what doesn't do much good? Doing absolutely nothing. Because doing absolutely nothing sure as shit hasn't done anything in the past.
    I'm just not sure this does much other than get sucked up by local grifters. I might be wrong.

Well when you spew hate, what do you expect? Let's stop giving this random publicity all the time.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can't stop people from having children, nor can you say "well you just shouldn't have had that child, better luck next time!"

The impetus is on the government to provide federal schooling of quality, regardless of the demographics of the children that attend there.

Though of course which political party is making it more difficult for people to acquire birth control through their health insurance, again?
    How about using a condom next time? lol. That type of investment isn't going to break anyone's bank. That being said, if someone decides to live irresponsibly, in many cases it's not going to be possible for the government to make sure no problems comes their way. As for "you shouldn't have had that child", yes I can say that lol. As for providing quality schooling, our government spends more money per student than the vast majority of countries in the world. Last time I checked, we were in the top 5.

So basically you're espousing trickle down economics and taxes on the rich being why there are poor people.

Yeah, that argument doesn't float.
    What I'm saying is that if there are no incentives for someone to build a business or bring a business to a place like Baltimore, than it's not going to happen. This is what has taken place, btw. Going one way too far has consequences, and that is true with taxing money. Ignoring the reprecussions by saying "well people will benefit from the tax money" just exacerbates the problem.

No, throwing money at a problem doesn't always work.

But ignoring the fundamental problems and basically saying "well if black people just weren't so darn violent and prolific!" also isn't "solving the problem." In fact that's called "doing absolutely nothing."

Targeted solutions to address things like child poverty and inner city violence are what the government needs to do in areas with high amounts of child poverty and inner city violence.

Unfortunately, conservatives seem to care very little about these things when it comes to legislation, and are content to espouse that they should merely "sort themselves out."

Well telling them to "sort themselves out" hasn't worked thus far. And you saying that "trickle down economics" will save everyone is just classic conservative deflection drivel. "Trickle down economics" has only ever lead to wealth inequality and recessions.
    Nah, I'm not saying "poverty in America, especially with black Americas, is because they are violent". Poverty is an extremely complex thing, but I do think in many instances where people think the government can help, it can actually end up making the problem worse. Minimum wage laws for example, have done massive damage to black communities and left many unemployed.

The government can and should help, but at the same time we should acknowledge that there is really only so much they can do. If someone wants to make bad decisions, the government can't stop them. It's not that conservatives don't care, rather they think that ultimately it is up to people themselves to better their situation and while *some* assistance can help, much of it is impractical.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Few things more American or patriotic than punching Nazis.

Unless you are Ahovv or BelziBhaal, then you might feel sympathy for them.
    You say that, but you post a picture of someone who's not American punching a Nazi...I mean, Nazi punching is not exclusive to America, but maybe next time show an American doing it if you're talking about..well America...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about using a condom next time? lol. That type of investment isn't going to break anyone's bank. That being said, if someone decides to live irresponsibly, in many cases it's not going to be possible for the government to make sure no problems comes their way. As for "you shouldn't have had that child", yes I can say that lol.
    All you're doing is punishing the child at that point.

And you wonder why poverty is cyclical?

As for providing quality schooling, our government spends more money per student than the vast majority of countries in the world. Last time I checked, we were in the top 5.
    Then the approach isn't working.

What I'm saying is that if there are no incentives for someone to build a business or bring a business to a place like Baltimore, than it's not going to happen. This is what has taken place, btw. Going one way too far has consequences, and that is true with taxing money. Ignoring the reprecussions by saying "well people will benefit from the tax money" just exacerbates the problem.
    People do benefit from Tax dollars. By way of infrastructure and other spending.

Poor places have little tax revenue, because you can't get blood from a turnip.

Nah, I'm not saying "poverty in America, especially with black Americas, is because they are violent". Poverty is an extremely complex thing, but I do think in many instances where people think the government can help, it can actually end up making the problem worse. Minimum wage laws for example, have done massive damage to black communities and left many unemployed.
    Source?

The notion that "rich people/corporations would just be more generous with their money and hand out jobs if they weren't taxed so much!" is a complete farce.

The government can and should help, but at the same time we should acknowledge that there is really only so much they can do. If someone wants to make bad decisions, the government can't stop them. It's not that conservatives don't care, rather they think that ultimately it is up to people themselves to better their situation and while *some* assistance can help, much of it is impractical.
    And again, an apathetic approach hasn't accomplished anything in the past. Don't complain that a wound is infected when you refuse to do something about it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Liberals would point out what actually empowered racists was seeing a black man in office. This white supremacist resurgence started in 2009.
    I gotta be honest, outside of a place like 4chan, where is this white supremacist resurgence? lol. Ok ok, we've seen Dylan Roof, and what he did was horrible, but where else have we really seen white supremacists influence or impact *anything*? White Supremacists are assholes, won't disagree, but the left through violence have actually managed to make them look peaceful lol.

Hahaha peaceful ethnic cleansing.. That's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Violence is the language of the antifas
    "You violently oppose fascism" isn't nearly as insulting as fascists seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    You say that, but you post a picture of someone who's not American punching a Nazi...I mean, Nazi punching is not exclusive to America, but maybe next time show an American doing it if you're talking about..well America...
    That is silly thing to nitpick, considering Wonder Woman's creator William Moulton Marston was American. Moreover the first couple pages were a sausage fest I thought it would break it up a bit. Here so you feel better:

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    If these 2 "factions" would keep it to themselfs and not beat up anyone they see during their "raids" I would have agreed with you.
    the problem with the antifas is that 80% of them are brainless morons that are there only to fight something/anything.

Ideally they should use discussions instead of violence, but that is to much to ask from them I guess.
    It wouldn't be fascism if it kept to itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I'm sad to see that MMOC has become a white supremacist forum.
    No, Gen-OT has always been Stormfront-Lite. Rule changes have kept it down to a minimum though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    "peaceful ethnic cleansing", sound racist.

Punching Nazis is a god damn American tradition.
    Shit, we've been riding world war twos cock for the last 70 years. May as well keep up the tradition of kicking Nazi ass!

Deleted
    "Kicking nazi ass" would include "kicking Trump out of the white house".

Nothing is more american than beating a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I am sorry, but not only is several of those things something that Trump is for, Obama and all the other candidates also have gone against things on that list. Which makes it so utterly void.

Seriously, can we stop pretending that Trump (and for that matter Obama, Bush and every other president/politicians) are unending evils?

- - - Updated - - -

Shesh... Talk about taking a joke too far.
    I frankly do not remember any other president taking stance against equality and volunteerism in his public addressings.
    Also I do not thing Trump is unending evil, I think he is as appropriate for the job as Jimmy from accounting.

"You violently oppose fascism" isn't nearly as insulting as fascists seem to think it is.
    How do you feel about slap-a-Marxist day?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How do you feel about slap-a-Marxist day?
    Not specific enough. Marxism covers a whole bunch of stuff. If you want to compare the morality of, say, Stalinism to Nazism I wouldn't argue much.

Not specific enough. Marxism covers a whole bunch of stuff. If you want to compare the morality of, say, Stalinism to Nazism I wouldn't argue much.
    Eh, if we're going to get that technical, Spencer isn't a Nazi. The only good Marxist is a slapped one.