Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know that some people are bringing up that they want vanity rewards for this - which I can totally understand. However, Blizzard said these are made to just make the world of Azeroth feel more 'alive', and if that was their goal, it seems to work and I hope it keeps up. We do need more things going on all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Does everything need a reward though? Can't things be done for the sake of fun, have we really gone into that realm?
    The event (for me) is not fun, it's just a grindfest rehash of an old event - if it's not fun then I want to be rewarded for doing it. Otherwise I'm going to instead do the numerous other types of content that may/may not be fun but do offer a reward - Timewalking weekly, WQ, emissary, honor farming, M+, LFR, Lunar Festival, farming old raids for mounts/pets, etc.

Hell if I had none of those things to do, I'd rather log off and play something else than waste my time in Silithus. The ONLY thing it offers is some vanilla transmogs you could go over there and farm any time you like, rep you could farm any time you like and some questionable amounts of experience for levelling.

I strongly feel any development time wasted on these events with no tangible rewards could most certainly have been put to far better use. Good for you if you think it's fun, I think they're an utter waste of time for both players and designers.

I would have been quite happy with a single transmog item based on vanilla models, a pet recolour or an achievement - stuff that would probably have taken less time that coding in the event. A toy based on the event would have been ideal (a mini gong for example).

They should at least give an achievement for participating in the event/winning.

*eyes previous posts about rewards*

Why the hell is anyone surprised? Blizzard has been saying, for months, that these don't have any particular rewards. This isn't new information.

Deleted
    What's the point of this if there are no rewards? Life is to short to waste time.

It seems rather silly that the removed transmog gear from the Wind Stone elementals wasn't included at least :/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Because not everyone actually gives a fuck about a reward. Sometimes people like to just have f u n.
    Yeah, I saw these people. You can as well, by visiting Goldshire tavern on Argent Dawn - EU (pretty sure US has some equivalent as well). And it costs 0 developer time!

i am not excited repeating one of the longest grinds in history of wow. Did waste approx. 600 hours of my life in this place farming silithids for the rep stuff and recommandations (and giving them to people who turned out to never help farming), until i got blown out of opening the gates by horde.

No rewards.

Don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You've told me this before? I've no incentive to mindlessly grind for a banner I'll never see. Even if there was some ugly transmog or a toy I'd do it.
    Some people have no incentive to mindlessly grind for transmog or toys. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

My head hurts from facepalming so many times reading this thread. Do you seriously need a reward for EVERYTHING? May i remind you this is a game, not real life. There are people who play for fun, not as a job.

lmaooo people don't play games for the sake of playing games anymore, they play them for meaningless rewards.

but don't mind me I'm just salty cause the Alliance suck in the EU for this event just like they always have.

Oh, just for fun, nothing rewarding? Why even bother? It's a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    My head hurts from facepalming so many times reading this thread. Do you seriously need a reward for EVERYTHING? May i remind you this is a game, not real life. There are people who play for fun, not as a job.
    Give us black bug mount then we call this event worth it. If nothing rewarding, just for fucking faction carrying the reputation itself is equal a middle finger

What's the exp like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    What's the exp like?
    Mediocre. Faster than leveling in legion zones but the world quests are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    There are people who play for fun,
    There are people who find fun regrinding old vanilla-style quests to donate meat and summon templars? And they aren't already on private vanilla servers? What kind of sorcery is that?

Might actually check the ballon flying or boat swimming event, sounds like something new and not copypasta from ye olde vanilla, never been fan of that anyway. Too bad I have to wait until may - june for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Playing games is a waste of time so what is your actual point?
    Posting in forum is the exact same thing of wasting time. I could send you a crude chair and a rope for early Christmas if you like. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    but the majority of people taking part then rage quitting are making it really hard to continue with.
    Well.. You had incentive to do it when it was new.
    Now.. not so much.

I'm gonna agree with the people who left, that doing this micro holiday is really pointless.. We need incentive to do stuff, what content have we ever got that didn't have some form of incentive? I can't really come with anything. (But my memory isn't all that great)

They could have prevented all that mass leaving, by making a single achievement. It's not much but then people could show, I've been there and done that event.. Without something to show for it, it feels really pointless
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Gotta have a reward or it's worthless eh? Sad times.
    Well yes in this case.

There is litteraly no reason to do it.
    No FoS, pet, title or mount to mark the occasion.

Am I missing something? Only just went to check it out a minute ago.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    As someone holding a Scepter, I feel that this could have been significantly better. As it is, it was worth maybe 15 minutes of my time before it became too boring for me to handle, and I've farmed the insane title...

Some notable things that destroyed my immersion with the event:

- Region-wide scoring. This is the greatest problem with the event, by far. It should have been a realm event like it was back when it originally happened. A community event needs to aspire people to participate in grouping as a community and having Region-wide scoring is counter-productive when this is the goal.
    - CRZ, having people from other realms on what should have been a realm (not a region) event.
    - Flying. Running Silithist is hard enough without Flying, however, Flying makes it rough as it becomes far too easy to gank a runner. Also, I'm rather certain that I say Druids in flightform carrying silithist... I'd call it a bug, but it should be fixed. Next time, I'd consider disabling flying in Silithus when the event is active. It would be more like it was originally in addition to making it much more fair for those that run silithist.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!