Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Tier 6 had some of the best sets in the game. I'm absolutely thrilled.

Sucks to be a Death Knight though, theirs is shite.
    I have faith that the mythic version will pull through.
    If not, then at least we got t19 mythic which I think is one of the best sets ever made.

I don't see any value in "new" stuff if I don't care for it anyway. At least some of these sets I really like, even though they are very inspired by older sets.

I love how clean some of them are. Just perfect.

No guys, we don't have the resources to upgrade texture resolutions on old tier sets! We're just saving them to reuse in later raids.

lol Everyone begs blizzard to update old text models. They do, and improve on them and everyone bitches.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Draftswe View Post
    This is the first time they have made a tier look like a previous one
    No, they've made modern tier inspired by older sets before. For example, Paladin T17 & T19 Bear a striking resemblance to the T4 Justicar and T2 Judgement sets respectively. However this is probably the first time the modern sets have followed so closely to the design of their inspiration rather than taking some artistic liberty (Which I probably would've preferred).

Anyone who says Blizzard is being lazy for the umpteenth time is probably wrong. The armor was clearly built from the ground up in terms of detail. Thought process going into this was more likely to be a love letter to the iconic tiers we know and love, rather than laziness. People accuse Blizzard of being lazy at every corner so those unfounded accusations shouldn't ever be taken so seriously in the first place.

It's too easy to demonize Blizzard. If they made a completely new design, people would've called it ugly and used that as an excuse to say Blizzard is lazy instead.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-01-21 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    lol Everyone begs blizzard to update old text models. They do, and improve on them and everyone bitches.
    It's almost as if different people have different opinions. What a crazy concept, right?

And lol @ "Everyone begs blizzard to update old text models".

10+ Year Old Account
    I get why people are upset. Tier 20 should be completely new sets. These sets should probably be like class hall rewards and stuff. But I'm still glad these sets got updated because they look cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a thread full of incredibily ignorant people calling this is "lazy." These are literally remade from the ground up, this wasn't a quick way to push out tier models, this was a clear design choice that they had to put just as much time into to make. And why redo tier 6? Why redo FF7, why do people scream for a redo of majora's mask, why do they always make new batman movies? Because they're awesome, people want them, and these new sets look fucking amazing. Stop trying so hard to complain about something when you know damn well that 7.2 looks fantastic. Especially when everything else about the patch is new...

Edit:
    Also the Mythic versions of the sets are actually different than just remakes of tier 6, so all those saying they should have made them slightly different... Well they fucking did. Lol.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-21 at 11:57 PM.

I wouldn't say annoyed. Underwhelmed, perhaps.

Mythic versions are okay. That can be said it's an inspiration based on the T6 armours, which expanded upon said armour tier and made it a superior version, yet unique, as iconic as Tier Armour should be.

The rest are merely updated versions of the old Tier Armour which, in my opinion, would fare a lot better as a reward for the (respective, if they'd ever think about updating older tier sets) Time-walking Dungeons.

Not to mention blatant misplaces regarding theme, such as Hunter's Armour, which doesn't really fit with the current Legion theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    How can someone quit a game that is already dead?????
    But it's not????????? Nice edge though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Stop trying so damn hard to complain about something when you know damn well that 7.2 looks fantastic.
    "I like it so you have to like it too!!!1!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I get why people are upset. Tier 20 should be completely new sets. These sets should probably be like class hall rewards and stuff. But I'm still glad these sets got updated because they look cool.
    Just like the MoP CM sets, yes. But as said before, anyone coming in to this expansion expecting everything to be new has missed what this expansion is all about.

I like the idea, but the shaman T20 is barely different than the original. All they did was add some shitty bits of cloth tied to the shoulders.

Personally I don't care to much about it being update Tier 6. What I'm excited about is how far they're going with the 3D models/extra bits on the sets now. I undertsnad feeling ripped off but think of the possibilities for future armor sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players need to learn, and they aren't going to do that from google.
    They need real experience, and being knocked down on their ass, and getting back up again.
    Don't deny them that chance to make mistakes and learn from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    "I like it so you have to like it too!!!1!"
    "I don't like it so Blizzard obviously lazy and did a terrible job!!!1!"
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-22 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I think a few people, myself included, got the impression that it would be more inspired than just a copy/paste deal, similar to how T19 paladin was inspired by the judgement set.
    The normal and heroic sets are a copy paste in HD, but the mythic sets add something more (not all mythic sets are finished).
    For example: the normal/heroic hunter tier 20 sets are ugly and copy paste from tier 6 whie the mythic sets looks dope as hell IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    I am so sick and tired of Blizzard rehashing things, the gear is a updated spin off of all the previous tier, just more flashy. Blizzard considers this "new"???? so so so annoying to see this.
    Crawl back into your hole please

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm pretty ok with this. As long as the content and raid is good. Some of these actually look decent and most are not even done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is so many other gear why would we care about 1

no..........................

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel as if though they should have updated not just tier 6 sets. Some other sets should have been updated but I can't complain. Judgement is more of an iconic paladin set for instance. And someone from Blizzard has already done it. Should be put in game.