Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Eh, if we're going to get that technical, Spencer isn't a Nazi. The only good Marxist is a slapped one.
    Shades of bleh isn't a terrible interesting topic anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Punching Nazis is a god damn American tradition.
    Dammit man...now I have to agree with Wells
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Well yeah. That's why I haven't really objected to people calling Spencer a Nazi. If someone enjoys heiling and white supremacy, it's close enough for me. Likewise, slapping a dipshit with a Che Guevera shirt is on a pretty similar moral plane.

"You violently oppose fascism" isn't nearly as insulting as fascists seem to think it is.
    While I agree with you in a general sense, this is not a hot war. This is a war of ideas. Engaging in violence against these people just lends strength to their ideas.

Instead of punching them in righteous indignation, we need to do some kind of combination of debating them and laughing at them. The only way to win a war of ideas is to discredit your opponent.

I fucking hate the alt-right and I want to see them destroyed. I think random acts of violence is a losing strategy.

Hell of a hook right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    While I agree with you in a general sense, this is not a hot war. This is a war of ideas. Engaging in violence against these people just lends strength to their ideas.

Instead of punching them in righteous indignation, we need to do some kind of combination of debating them and laughing at them. The only way to win a war of ideas is to discredit your opponent.
    Debate conveys legitimacy and respect. That's why internet trolls, creationists, and racists demand it over and over. Fascists deserve nothing but scorn, mockery, and the occasional right hook.

Debate conveys legitimacy and respect. That's why internet trolls, creationists, and racists demand it over and over. Fascists deserve nothing but scorn, mockery, and the occasional right hook.
    I agree with you, which is why it requires a light touch. You debate only among crowds that already see the alt-right as legitimate. In all other scenes you treat them like a laughingstock.

Violence is directly counterproductive, because that gives them ammunition to use to bring fence sitters over to their side.

I really hate the alt-right and want to see their ideology vanish and become weaker than it is now. But the alt-right is growing, because the left is fucking incapable of not getting angry. This is quite literally a battle that must be fought with memes, and the left can't meme for shit. I wish I wasn't serious, but I am.

I agree with you, which is why it requires a light touch. You debate only among crowds that already see the alt-right as legitimate. In all other scenes you treat them like a laughingstock.

Violence is directly counterproductive, because that gives them ammunition to use to bring fence sitters over to their side.

I really hate the alt-right and want to see their ideology vanish and become weaker than it is now. But the alt-right is growing, because the left is fucking incapable of not getting angry. This is quite literally a battle that must be fought with memes, and the left can't meme for shit. I wish I wasn't serious, but I am.
    No, we're talking about Nazis. Not republicans, not democrats. Anyone who decides they're actually ok with Nazis because they saw one get punched is the problem in the first place.

I welcome this violence and the divisiveness it creates. Every dumbfuck who riots on camera or assaults an innocent bystander will push people more to the right.

No, we're talking about Nazis. Not republicans, not democrats. Anyone who decides they're actually ok with Nazis because they saw one get punched is the problem in the first place.
    I know they're Nazis. I don't want Nazism to grow within the US. But it is growing, because the current tactics people are using to combat the alt-right are not fucking working. Don't you understand that they're winning right now? They just helped meme someone into the White House.

You can say that the fence sitters are the problem all you want, but people are malleable and ideology is a powerful weapon. If you don't want more alt-righters you cannot ignore these people.

Anyways, my raid is starting. I'll respond more in a few hours.

I know they're Nazis. I don't want Nazism to grow within the US. But it is growing, because the current tactics people are using to combat the alt-right are not fucking working. Don't you understand that they're winning right now? They just helped meme someone into the White House.

You can say that the fence sitters are the problem all you want, but people are malleable and ideology is a powerful weapon. If you don't want more alt-righters you cannot ignore these people.

Anyways, my raid is starting. I'll respond more in a few hours.
    This causation is spurious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, clean hit. Wapow!

We both know that the term "nazi" is being thrown around far too casually. I'd be surprised if there's any actual honest-to-God nazis here at all and not just fetishists and trolls.

And even if there was, so fucking what? Every asshole deserves a platform to preach their brand of stupid, as long as no laws are broken. You disagreeing with it doesn't change that fact.
    Last edited by Liftbrul; 2017-01-21 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Typos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard Spencer should have known better. He was just wearing too short a skirt.

He has free speech, even to spout idiotic things like he does. His attacker doesn't have the freedom to assault people he disagreed with. In the free marketplace of ideas he can preach his hateful garbage and people will see him for what he is and ignore him. Attacking him like this gets him more support, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Now conversely is anyone here making comments even vaguely suggesting that ethnic cleansing is okay? Nope.
    Are you even listening to yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    That is silly thing to nitpick, considering Wonder Woman's creator William Moulton Marston was American. Moreover the first couple pages were a sausage fest I thought it would break it up a bit. Here so you feel better:

Ya done good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    And now imagine the guy to the right was trump.

Oh yeah, we're just going to "peacefully" force everyone you don't like to leave the country

that's totally gonna work and leave everyone satisfied

yep

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment in question:

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And now imagine the guy to the right was trump.
    Mmm, warm fuzzies...