Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    "I don't like it so Blizzard obviously lazy and did a terrible job!!!1!"
    So your goal was to make yourself look as bad as you claim they are? Good job, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    So your goal was to make yourself look as bad as you claim they are? Good job, lol.
    That literally doesn't even make sense as a reply, unless you somehow think I was for quoting myself... I was simply showing you that your argument has no place in a thread based entirely upon opinions.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-22 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That literally doesn't even make sense as a reply, unless you think I was for some reason quoting myself... I was simply showing you that your argument has no place in a thread based entirely upon opinions.
    You made a comment stating that everyone would like 7.2 because you like it. I called that out. Your rebuttal was nothing other than you not denying my callout, so I responded under the assumption that you realized what you were doing was silly.

You can't make a statement like what I originally quoted. People have different likes and dislikes. Just because you find something cool doesn't mean that they will. You need to understand this. Forcing your opinion on others is what's silly.

Now, for the actual argument you were making that I was staying out of, I'll go into that.

These tier sets are merely updated textures and one of your comparisons even falls short. Batman movies aren't simply graphical upgrades, so that's reaching quite a bit. Your other 2 comparisons aren't too great either. While there are a lot of people who wanted it, there are a lot of people who didn't as they felt it would waste time and resources on something they've already experienced. This is true for every redo in the gaming industry.

People are calling it lazy because rather than come up with a new idea, they see it as them just sticking to an old idea to cater to nostalgia. While from your prerogative, it might seem that the devs aren't being lazy, it doesn't mean that people of the opposing opinion are wrong. It's two different points of view on the same thing. Only the devs themselves would know what was going through their heads.

You just came off as someone getting way too offended over other people's opinion on tier sets to the point where you had to insult them.

Deleted
    As a Shaman I'm pretty happy. T6 is my absolute favourite tier, but I don't usually transmog it because it feels a bit overused. I usually go with the Throne of Thunder tier set, because it fits well with my troll.

Plus there's a lilac option with this new set. Freaking lilac. All the coloured sets look amazing though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    I am so sick and tired of Blizzard rehashing things, the gear is a updated spin off of all the previous tier, just more flashy.
    "More flashy"?

I think they all suck. I'm not even mad they are inspired by old tier. I'm mad because they all suck arse.

Yet i don't raid, so i have no reason to be mad about xD

10+ Year Old Account
    We're up to 20 now? Jesus.

Of course I'm not annoyed with it, the new sets really capture the feeling of the t6 and improves upon it.

All of the sets pretty much do look like shit.

I think all the "Mythic" versions of the gear are amazing for the most part. I literally cannot stomach the Demon hunter heroic/normal tier gear but the mythic version minus the helmet is AMAZING.

Im really disappointed with the paladin T6 Remodel, however I was never a fan of the original set either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    You clearly missed the main point of my first post then. I blatantly was talking about how people think it's "lazy" and just a rehash of old tier. It literally isn't just texture updates, there are many, many new polygons, glowy features, etc. on top of being slightly different than the originals with the mythic sets. It is literally objectively wrong to say this was easy for them to do and calling them "lazy" is just wrong. If you're simply arguing about opinions, then yea thats a massive waste of time, but that's not what this thread is about, nor should it be because that's pointless. It was and is about how people think this is lazy. As for a comparison to a revamped FF7 or LoZ, that literally would be the same thing actually haha, because the only thing changing would be the graphics... batman I can see your point.

for comparison:

old(obviously):
    http://images.mmosite.com/news/2007/...8015617193.jpg
    new(obviously):
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...kTier20red.jpg

Very drastically different, to the point where it was obviously made from scratch. entirely new horns and gloves, new belt and boots, the shoulders are more 3D, lots of new glowy flame things, etc.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-22 at 12:45 AM.

Has there been anything in the entire history of this game that did not annoy at least one person?

Personally I like the updated T6 sets and look forward to wearing them, the druid and rogue sets especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly missed the main point of my first post then. I blatantly was talking about how people think it's "lazy" and just a rehash of old tier. It literally isn't just texture updates, there are many, many new polygons, glowy features, etc. on top of being slightly different than the originals with the mythic sets. It is literally objectively wrong to say this was easy for them to do and calling them "lazy" is just wrong. If you're simply arguing about opinions, then yea thats a massive waste of time, but that's not what this thread is about, nor should it be because that's pointless. It was and is about how people think this is lazy. As for a comparison to a revamped FF7 or LoZ, that literally would be the same thing actually haha, because the only thing changing would be the graphics... batman I can see your point.

for comparison:

old(obviously):
    http://images.mmosite.com/news/2007/...8015617193.jpg
    new(obviously):
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...kTier20red.jpg

Very drastically different, to the point where it was obviously made from scratch.
    People are calling the idea lazy because it's a rehashed idea, not that the process it self is easy. Very, very few are saying the latter.

If you're simply arguing about opinions, then yea thats a massive waste of time, but that's not what this thread is about, nor should it be because that's pointless.
    It is a thread about opinions though, you even stated that yourself in the post prior to this. OP is asking if anyone else was annoyed by the design teams new design concept as it's not entirely new.

As for a comparison to a revamped FF7 or LoZ, that literally would be the same thing actually haha
    Yeah and there are people who find that lazy and uninspired as well. Again, not lazy for the effort to make it, but lazy for not thinking of something new.

My personal standpoint is that while I think it's a waste of time and resources, if many like it, I'll ignore it. Transmog exists these days.
    Last edited by Lime; 2017-01-22 at 12:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not annoyed at all. T6 is one of my favourite tiers but has become outdated looks wise. After they did HD updates of TBC Weapons at the end of WoD I was so keen for them to update TBC armour sets and when they announced at BlizzCon they were doing it for T20 I was happy as hell. The Upgraded Sets or the ones I currently use look amazing.

People seem to be just using this for a reason to complain as they always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so sick and tired of Blizzard rehashing things, the gear is a updated spin off of all the previous tier, just more flashy. Blizzard considers this "new"???? so so so annoying to see this.
    Lighten up, Sheen. I liked what I saw.

1. Tier 7 is a remake of Tier 3.
    2. For a while, Tier Sets and PvP Gear used the same models, just different coloring.
    3. Tier 20 and Tier 6 are LONG apart in terms of time elapsed, and so the nostalgia factor is way more; when you compare Tier 3 (June, 2006) and Tier 7 (October 2008) that is about 2 years. Comparing Tier 6 (January 2007) and Tier 20 (ETA June 2017) that's over 10 years.

Yea I don't really give a shit if they reused design, Tier 20 is clearly made from scratch, much higher model quality, texture, and so on. And what we see on mmo-c is just a work in progress. Tier 6 was one of the best tiers, and took several raids dungeons to attain all the pieces. I'm glad we are seeing it again. Of course Demon Hunters, Death Knights and Monks get something new, but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are calling the idea lazy because it's a rehashed idea, not that the process it self is easy. Very, very few are saying the latter.
    You literally stated that it was just updated textures...

OP is asking if anyone else was annoyed by the design teams new design concept as it's not entirely new.
    I guess I interpreted that differently than you. To me that means this is a thread about whether this is shitty of Blizzard to do and not about if they look good or not. Another side note that really annoys me about people in this thread is that people are acting like Blizzard claimed this is entirely new. That never happened and they blatantly stated it was based on the tier 6 (as if they could get away with claiming it was new anyway, that's just laughable).

- - - Updated - - -

My personal standpoint is that while I think it's a waste of time and resources, if many like it, I'll ignore it. Transmog exists these days.
    I mean... they still would have used resources and time to make another tier set, with an equal chance that people don't like it. Although I'd argue there's a higher chance people would hate something new, because t6 is already one of the highest ranking tiers. Most of the people I know in WoW love the T6 sets, so it's not like it was a terrible design choice for them to remake it. But I guess posting on MMOchamp, a place where negativity about ANYTHING cesspools, makes it seem like more people hate this idea than love it.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-22 at 01:10 AM.

I am so sick and tired of Blizzard rehashing things, the gear is a updated spin off of all the previous tier, just more flashy. Blizzard considers this "new"???? so so so annoying to see this.
    Nope. Most people I know transmog anyway so the look is not that important. If it looks good, great, if not, transmog.

I'm disappointed for sure. "Inspired by" does not mean a direct copy and paste. Tier 20 sets look like a direct copy and paste with little enhancement. Looks like Blizzard trying to cut corners, yet again.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Based on.

This is a flat out copy.
    Based on, as in they are BASED on the Armour it is but with improvements. You know what the word Base is? It means they use the T6 as a BASE and build from it.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-01-22 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh they have a large amount of the community asking for "revamp" shit and that's what they do and they still get flak. Of course this community can't all be pleased but I kind of like the T6 revamps, especially warrior OMG that set is getting me so hyped.

But maybe I'm just biased since our set is the best one there