Deleted
    Wait, wait, wait, wait....Brewmaster buffs?! *-*

removing the aoe cap on keg smash will also make brewmasters do insane damage on big pulls and make haste more valuable for aoe, probably a bit overkill of a buff if you ask me but i'll take it
    This will just bring us on pair to other tanks in AE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got the legendary bracers. They seem to have at least 1s ICD now. Maybe even more?. They are still quite good but not as good as they seem.

Edit: Tested it a bit more outdoors. Seems to be about exactly 1s inner cooldown on the proc.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-01-21 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

They need to have some ICD otherwise on a large pack you'd basically be getting infinite brews. Even at 1s the bracers are really good and frees a BrM from haste dependence

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Just got the legendary bracers. They seem to have at least 1s ICD now. Maybe even more?. They are still quite good but not as good as they seem.

Edit: Tested it a bit more outdoors. Seems to be about exactly 1s inner cooldown on the proc.
    This makes me want them quite a bit less.

Back to chest-craving.

just did 5/10 bosses NM on my brewmaster. Holy shit Dave is back, and he is AMAZING on Skorpyron, Alluriel and even Tychondrius(which we didn't down today, but probably will tomorrow).

A question: is Alluriel's damage supposed to switch every 2 stacks? It feels really weird because the stack falls off about 5 seconds after she starts casting the second strike, so tanks end up having to take two stacks. The damage there is INSAAAAANE!

How do you guys deal with it? I've been running Dampen Harm and High Tolerance just so I could take less upfront damage and have a more reliable beer generation(reads: less error prone), cause holy fuck that thing hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    A question: is Alluriel's damage supposed to switch every 2 stacks? It feels really weird because the stack falls off about 5 seconds after she starts casting the second strike, so tanks end up having to take two stacks. The damage there is INSAAAAANE!

How do you guys deal with it? I've been running Dampen Harm and High Tolerance just so I could take less upfront damage and have a more reliable beer generation(reads: less error prone), cause holy fuck that thing hurts.
    I just took the primary on every annihilate and let the other tank take full time on autos. Seemed to lead to an easier time overall (you can pool enough to purify three times every annihilate to knock the damage down a ton). The stacks cap out at 5 (at least on heroic they do, we'll see on mythic I guess) and even at that many it's far less damage than what tanking an odyn spear in melee was.

It seemed better to us than tanking the boss with two stacks for 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I just took the primary on every annihilate and let the other tank take full time on autos. Seemed to lead to an easier time overall (you can pool enough to purify three times every annihilate to knock the damage down a ton). The stacks cap out at 5 (at least on heroic they do, we'll see on mythic I guess) and even at that many it's far less damage than what tanking an odyn spear in melee was.

It seemed better to us than tanking the boss with two stacks for 30 seconds.
    Interesting. What talents were you using and what legendaries do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Herogamer555 View Post
    Interesting. What talents were you using and what legendaries do you have?
    Cinidaria and Jewel of the Lost Abbey for legendaries.

Eye of the tiger, Black ox Brew, Healing Elixir and High Tolerance for talents. In retrospect light brewing is likely better for this specific situation as black ox brew won't CD fast enough to let you ISB and 3x PB for each annihilate, while light brewing should. One ISB is enough to cover the full duration of the ability since you can taunt during the cast (I ended up eating one auto each time taunting at 1s) which lets you PB every 3 ticks of the ability.

If you're geared you can probably do BoC for heroic though. Probably could do it too on mythic, depends on how many artifact points I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Cinidaria and Jewel of the Lost Abbey for legendaries.

Eye of the tiger, Black ox Brew, Healing Elixir and High Tolerance for talents. In retrospect light brewing is likely better for this specific situation as black ox brew won't CD fast enough to let you ISB and 3x PB for each annihilate, while light brewing should. One ISB is enough to cover the full duration of the ability since you can taunt during the cast (I ended up eating one auto each time taunting at 1s) which lets you PB every 3 ticks of the ability.

If you're geared you can probably do BoC for heroic though. Probably could do it too on mythic, depends on how many artifact points I guess.
    BoC would also let you pause the stagger 3x comparing to purifying.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I really don't get the struggle with alluriel you clearly don't need to purify 3 times, you can purify twice and it's already a bit overkill, just use dampen harm/zen med for 2nd stacks (not even really needed just makes it smoother ), fort brew should be more valuable for adds tanking but there is nothing near requiring high tolerance in hc

Deleted
    The 1st Version of our new 7.2 Traits:

Draught of Darkness: Increases the damage of Blackout Strikes by 5%. (4 Ranks)
    Stave Off: Keg Smash as a X% chance to trigger another Keg Smash. (1 Rank)
    Quick Sip: Drinking Purifying Brew applies a X% additional Stagger. Drinking Ironskin Brew purifies X% of your Staggered damage. (1 Rank)

DoD: Just a ST DPS increase, seems okay.
    SO: RNG DPS increase/Brew reduction...Well meh.
    QS: Sounds really, really OP, depending on how much % it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    I really don't get the struggle with alluriel you clearly don't need to purify 3 times, you can purify twice and it's already a bit overkill, just use dampen harm/zen med for 2nd stacks (not even really needed just makes it smoother ), fort brew should be more valuable for adds tanking but there is nothing near requiring high tolerance in hc
    FYI Zen Med breaks from a single channel tick since it's considered a melee hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    BoC would also let you pause the stagger 3x comparing to purifying.
    Yeah, it's certainly something I'd try out next week. Wasn't 100% sure how the ability works (ex. didn't know it was 9 hits) so I just took HT to be safe and see exactly how the mechanic worked. I also have my 2pc now so 85% stagger is likely enough and if it was an issue on mythic I'd just throw on an immortality deck over HT now that I've seen exactly how it works. BoC two ISB to pause stagger the entire channel into two PB is *probably* the best way to do it if you opt to just take all the stacks yourself.

Zen med breaks on the first tick of the channel if you don't have the legendary helm.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/MPPsy6r.png

That's a 5 stack annilated with no externals up on heroic. heroic is 23,747,427 before armor and mit, mythic is 37,995,894 before armor. This damage gets split between two tanks though. 5 stack on mythic would start to sting a bit, would probably not need HT though, especially with two piece equipped.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2017-01-22 at 08:42 PM.

well ofc if you're doing the strat wrong you'll need high tolerance but you could also just do it the normal way and have no issue whatsoever...

well ofc if you're doing the strat wrong you'll need high tolerance but you could also just do it the normal way and have no issue whatsoever...
    For what its worth the Warrior I normally tank with was getting wrecked aswell while I had no trouble (normally he is fine) so I can see why people might try something different.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well excuse me for trying out strategies the first week a raid is open. I'll make sure to pass all my ideas past you in the future to make sure I'm doing something the "normal" way. Next you'll tell me it's "wrong" to take any high burst abilities as a brewmaster and just purify them as that's what our kit is specifically meant to do?

By the way, there's no such thing as a "normal" way of doing something the first week the raid is out. Someone asked how other people chose to handle it. My co-tank and I decided it would likely be easier in terms of damage in take for me to just take all annihilations since brewmaster can do it with ease.

Let alone the part that in my response I literally said "Wasn't 100% sure how the ability works (ex. didn't know it was 9 hits) so I just took HT to be safe and see exactly how the mechanic worked." Someone literally asked me what talents I used, so I told him. I don't know where you got the notion that HT is "needed" but you should really work on reading comprehension as it's quite clear from all your posts that I've seen on this forum, that you're SEVERELY lacking in that category.

Don't talk down to people telling them that they're doing something wrong when you come into the thread and say something as dumb as "just zen med the channel that breaks you zen med on the first out of 9 hits."

Here's a serious question for you to consider. Why take 150% increased damage from auto attacks for 30 seconds while tanking the boss, when you can have one tank soak all the stacks with ease? If you seriously think there's no situation in which that's a good tanking strat then you're just incredibly uncreative.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2017-01-22 at 10:29 PM.

With nighthold out, thoughts on best dps trinkets for brewmaster?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

You're overcomplicating an easy boss with a simple tank swap mechanic to compensate for your cotank playing poorly(because if he wasn't then taking melees even with 2 stacks would never be an issue) , that's not how it should be done clearly, that's like taking every spear on odyn because your cotank dies from spears, it's doable but it's not the normal way and it's not better in any way than your cotank pressing his cds, and yeah i didn't get to test stuff on the boss because I literally spent like 15 minutes on it and had no issue whatsoever

Taking HT is a sacrifice, you're losing damage for your raid, for virtually no gain at all, i have nothing against original strats and exploiting your class for example i'm mostly solotanking gul'dan, but on this boss it's just irrelevant and wasteful...

It has nothing to do with the other tank playing poorly, something doesn't have to be an "issue" to decide that it's silly to handle a mechanic a certain way. There's no good reason to sit there and tank the boss with 2 stacks (150% dmg) for 30 seconds while both tanks are sitting at two stacks. One tank eats annihilation stacks, so that you're not eating a bunch of other damage. And it's not "clearly" how it shouldn't be done. If they didn't want you to do that, it'd either A) kill you outright at X number of stacks. or B) actually continue to stack past 5 stacks.

I still don't get your odd desire to harp on HT. I took HT purely because it was heroic, and me doing a small amount less damage as a trade off to make sure I didn't die while I tested out a theory, is a good trade off since it's heroic and damage doesn't matter. If I had bothered to do the math before the pull, I'd had just taken BoC.

It just a strat that I came up with as a potential way to circumvent what would be pointless damage intake when we do it on mythic. Purify lets you take almost no damage on every annihilate, while letting the other tank not take increased damage from the bosses auto attacks. If you want to follow some misguided thought leading you to believe that it's nonviable somehow because it's not "correct" in your mind, then whatever dude.

Deleted
    Taking HT is a sacrifice, you're losing damage for your raid, for virtually no gain at all
    Making her Whole and only Tank-Ability a complete joke is worthless?
    Being able to drop a heal for a an other full DPS is worthless?
    You are young to wow and you had never see a boss where DPS really matters (means: The enrage-timer is tight even with all people alive).
    If you have such a boss it is a blessing to have tanks who take nearly no damage because you have a full DPS more, which is much, much, much more worth then everything else.

But sure, you can stay in your bubble and continue saying "HT is worthless because it's no damage".

i have nothing against original strats and exploiting your class for example i'm mostly solotanking gul'dan
    Congratz, me and much other tanks did that too, but they did that even on heroic.