Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    There's a difference between a political slogan and encouraging people to stand and chant the same thing over and over. I would find a 'protest' that encourages people to chant the MAGA slogan over and over again a form of brainwashing as well, but for some crazy reason it doesn't seem like Trump supporters have thought to create their own version of HWNDU.
    I would imagine it would probably be because if someone did something like this that was pro-trump, they would be crucified because the sentiment among the vocal group of people right now is very anti-trump or anti-trump's policies, and unfortunately we cannot have a good debate without one group demonizing another. I just don't see how encouraging someone to say a line in front of a camera is anymore brainwashing than encouraging people to spend $30 on a red trucker hat that says "Make America Great Again." People who support the message will look for an outlet to show said support. It doesn't mean they are brainwashed.

Looks like somebody hacked them, now it says:

'He just divided us. @Islahgang'
    Well that was short lived, lol.

I suppose it is brainwashing, just like every slogan. How many fools in this country are screaming "Make America Great Again?" They are easily as brainwashed as anyone else repeating a slogan.

Their slogan seems super ironic to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I suppose it is brainwashing, just like every slogan. How many fools in this country are screaming "Make America Great Again?" They are easily as brainwashed as anyone else repeating a slogan.
    Looks like the stream is back up from the hack.

How can you compare a campaign slogan to facing a wall and chanting a phrase over and over, I have never seen anything like this from Trump supporters but if you can find an example I'd be glad to take a look at it. I believe Trump actually took many of his slogan ideas from Obama, consider how the rhythm of 'yes we can' matches 'build a wall'.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not divide us?

Obama already took care of that.

Thanks, Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If they actually do it, it is a bit. Probably more reinforcing existing brainwashing than implementing anything new.
    Mm. The mainstream media is already being pretty heavy handed in regards to pushing the 'Trump is the worst thing ever' narrative. Social media is also being exploited to encourage people to side with dangerous causes or risk social suicide.

It's not really anything new - but it is exceptionally troubling for those of us who see through the ridiculous 'Left vs Right' trick that serves to keep the masses divided and arguing with each other instead of seeking to compromise or deploy better measures against corruption.

Looks like the stream is back up from the hack.

How can you compare a campaign slogan to facing a wall and chanting a phrase over and over, I have never seen anything like this from Trump supporters but if you can find an example I'd be glad to take a look at it. I believe Trump actually took many of his slogan ideas from Obama, consider how the rhythm of 'yes we can' matches 'build a wall'.
    I can find them giving what can only be described as the Nazi salute to him. I can see people parroting his catchphrase over and over again. It's no different than when people continuously referred to John McCain as a "maverick." Better yet, how many people call Fox News' broadcasting "Fair and Balanced?" In the end, it's just mental conditioning via repetition.

How many people have you seen on this site say that Trump was going to make America great again? Do you think they came by those words on accident, or was it through mental conditioning?

People have formed social and political movements for a long time.

A few years ago I recall some people wearing occasionally silly hats and tying teabags to the brims...

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Yes because when people are racist, it's those who call out the racism who are the bad guys.
    Hey protar, you disagree with me? Well you're a fuckin child molester !

Am I now a good guy for pointing out , wrongly, that you're a child molester?

No, of course not. Here in the real world, we laugh at people that do that shit. We mock them until they are forced to publicly apologise, for trying to destroy peoples lives with false accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

No, of course not. Here in the real world, we laugh at people that do that shit. We mock them until they are forced to publicly apologise, for trying to destroy peoples lives with false accusations.
    Your logical fallacy is strawman!

You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
    By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Your logical fallacy is strawman!

You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
    By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.
    I responded to a strawman with a strawman.

Karma.

So a bunch of people chanting 'He will not divide us' into a camera, and they plan to keep this up for 4 years. Are large numbers of young people being brainwashed into some sort of cult by this ideology?
    Sorry, thought this a political thread, seems I walked into a sports thread by accident.

Deleted

edit: you know what I'm not even going to bother arguing with such a facetious argument. I am however going to report you.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2017-01-22 at 12:15 PM.

edit: you know what I'm not even going to bother arguing with such a facetious argument. I am however going to report you.
    Do you actually think the mods will just come in here and infract me for using a strawman to combat your strawman?

Grow up. The mods aren't your safety officers.

Deleted
    Do you actually think the mods will just come in here and infract me for using a strawman to combat your strawman?

Grow up. The mods aren't your safety officers.
    Well I guess we'll see. But okay let's talk strawmen.

Your insult was a strawman. It's literally just a random insult. No where in the prior conversation did child molestation ever come up even tangentially. You just chose the most flagrant thing you could think of and flung it at me so I'd get mad.

Calling Trump or his supporters racist is not a strawman, because race is part of the discussion. Trump has said things about other races. Stuff like mexican immigrants being rapists, or that we should ban all Muslim's entering the US. His followers are even worse, he's literally supported by the KKK and neo-nazis. When I call trump and his followers racist I am not doing so in an attempt to be flagrant and rude, I'm using the word as a descriptor. It is a subjective descriptor but it is not a strawman because race is pertinent to the discussion. Strawman does not mean every argument you disagree with. Flinging random insults is not equivalent to calling someone to task for something that they actually said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the mods infract them for pointing out the flaw in your argument? Apart from the obvious bias of some, of course.

Flinging random insults is not equivalent to calling someone to task for something that they actually said.
    The problem is that people call others racist without any evidence of racism, so it is basically just another generic insult at this time.

The poster you originally replied to said "...half the population calling the other half low life racists...", but there is no actual evidence that half the US population are racist and yet you were fine to replay with Yes because when people are racist..."

Well I guess we'll see. But okay let's talk strawmen.

Your insult was a strawman. It's literally just a random insult. No where in the prior conversation did child molestation ever come up even tangentially. You just chose the most flagrant thing you could think of and flung it at me so I'd get mad.

Calling Trump or his supporters racist is not a strawman, because race is part of the discussion. Trump has said things about other races. Stuff like mexican immigrants being rapists, or that we should ban all Muslim's entering the US. His followers are even worse, he's literally supported by the KKK and neo-nazis. When I call trump and his followers racist I am not doing so in an attempt to be flagrant and rude, I'm using the word as a descriptor. It is a subjective descriptor but it is not a strawman because race is pertinent to the discussion. Strawman does not mean every argument you disagree with. Flinging random insults is not equivalent to calling someone to task for something that they actually said.
    You literally think trump is a sex offender because he talked about grabbing a womans pussy 11 years ago.

You don't know the circumstances at all. You actually think someone would just admit to sexual assault for lulz.

Then you take that assertion, and use it as your basis for attacking Trump.

The best part is, trump has said actual stupid shit - that you can go and rip into. Every time he speaks, he says something stupid. Yet you don't go after that, do you.

No, you're too stupid to deconstruct that shit. Just adopt the lies fed to you by CNN and Buzzfeed and regurgitate it. And when called out on it (using similar bullshit logic) you call for the mods

Again, grow the fuck up, you man-child.

Deleted
    You literally think trump is a sex offender because he talked about grabbing a womans pussy 11 years ago.

You don't know the circumstances at all. You actually think someone would just admit to sexual assault for lulz.

Then you take that assertion, and use it as your basis for attacking Trump.

The best part is, trump has said actual stupid shit - that you can go and rip into. Every time he speaks, he says something stupid. Yet you don't go after that, do you.

No, you're too stupid to deconstruct that shit. Just adopt the lies fed to you by CNN and Buzzfeed and regurgitate it. And when called out on it (using similar bullshit logic) you call for the mods

Again, grow the fuck up, you man-child.
    Yes, shockingly trump bragging about sexually assaulting a woman has caused me to believe that he is a sex offender. I know that this is a difficult concept for you to grasp, but please try to concentrate and I'm sure you'll be able to see the logic there.

ETA: I'll also note that this post had nothing to do with the discussion on whether or not calling trump racist was a strawman, so I'm just going to take that to mean that you had no response there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why would the mods infract them for pointing out the flaw in your argument? Apart from the obvious bias of some, of course.

The problem is that people call others racist without any evidence of racism, so it is basically just another generic insult at this time.

The poster you originally replied to said "...half the population calling the other half low life racists...", but there is no actual evidence that half the US population are racist and yet you were fine to replay with Yes because when people are racist..."
    Except there's a lot of evidence that trump is racist. I've already pointed that out in this thread. And his initial support came from people who thought that the things he said about mexicans and muslims where good things.

That's one way to waste your life.

Yes, shockingly trump bragging about sexually assaulting a woman has caused me to believe that he is a sex offender. I know that this is a difficult concept for you to grasp, but please try to concentrate and I'm sure you'll be able to see the logic there.
    Grabbing pussy is not necessarily sexual assault. Are you so fucking sheltered that you think that?

How far down the rabbit hole have you ran with this SJW shit? Its always interesting to find out.

For some people, they can't stop. They're so far down that they think any sexual contact is inherently rape. Are you telling me trump sexually assaulted someone based on a 30 second snippet of audio, where the other party doesn't even comment and that he admitted this to people around him as well as audio recording?

Are you actually telling me that, for real?

This is my issue with the left these days. They have become so disinterested in actual politics, that they're rather ruin the lives of their opponents with accusations. Do you understand how powerful labelling someone a racist / sexist / pedophile / bigot is? You lose either way. Even if you didn't do it, you lose anyway. You are now known as 'someone who once had to defend themselves from being a rapist.'

You literally are taking people, putting a cover on them with the word 'RAPIST' written on it, and expecting rational human beings to judge that book by its cover.

Sorry, no. America told people like yourself to fuck off in 2016. Try your campaign of hate in 2020 maybe it will work there. Maybe humanity will stoop to a new low.

In the mean time, i'll keep assuming Protar is a a wife beating child rapist, because folks, its <current year> and thats what we do. Accusations > facts. Rumours > Truth.

Jesus Christ... Bring on the nukes.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-01-22 at 01:35 PM.