Page 19 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Honestly I have no idea at this point, maybe Rommath felt bad for him and gave him his guys back.
    Blizzard could explain sometime during 7.2.
    Honestly don't like on how Aethas got permission to join the Kirin Tor again and the Blood Elves probably.
    Guy is just asking for it too get his people in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Again, it was an enslavement thing. The eredar twins aren't following willingly. We'll likely do the same thing with kandrethad...
    Well if Warlocks are that powerful why don't they enslave the more-powerful demons?
    For the Horde!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Honestly don't like on how Aethas got permission to join the Kirin Tor again and the Blood Elves probably.
    Aethas is basically a stupid kid that idolizes the kirin tor over his own kingdom, if only Rommath took his place in Dalaran.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhooFlungPoo View Post
    Illidan went in to retrieve the eye of sargeras to bring down northrend, he got the skull of gul'dan in felwood.
    Woops! Thanks for the correction.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Apparently Rogue followers are also faction specific. Only the Alliance gets Tess Greymane, Horde players get Lillian Voss.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Kosak himself said it was unclear in a Blizzcon interview, he's considered dead until they decide to retcon it (His own words). He could easily be brought back and it wouldn't be a complete retcon, given that even after the Mythic kill you're shown the Normal/Heroic kill where he's dying on Draenor.
    Yeah that isn't unclear. Stop painting that as unclear. He said flat out ARCHIMONDE IS DEAD. The fact that he said they could change their mind later means nothing as they can change their mind and make Garrosh alive. Archimonde is dead canonically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    They also said it in a blue post that they are unsure if they want it canon or not and could lean either way.
    citation needed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well if Warlocks are that powerful why don't they enslave the more-powerful demons?
    The plan was to try to enslave Meph eventually iirc. I mean the pit lord that kicked our asses was meant to be enslaved as well instead we got beat then came back to kill him and take his little island.

some followers are a bit meh, another nelf pally? woulda, as a belf, prefered Yrel show up or even a dwarf. Maybe Yrel in 7.3. Or like Thrall or Jarod. Though they will probably be around in quests.
    Also kinda hoping that our garrison champs would just show up in Dalaran or our order halls.

Digging the lock and Warr and mage ones.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    So you're saying they made a story that made the Eredar Twins becoming followers make sense? Wow, it's almost as if they can do the exact same thing and make a story that will make Kanrethad becoming a follower make sense. You're literally going off of nothing but the knowledge that he's going to somehow become a follower, of course it doesn't make any sense without knowing how it will all entail.
    Yeah except Warlocks enslave demons lol.

We left Kanrethad with him insane trying to kill us because he got so much power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah except Warlocks enslave demons lol.

We left Kanrethad with him insane trying to kill us because he got so much power.
    And he transformed into a demon.

My point is, Blizzard will find a way to have it make sense. If they can figure out a way to revive two bosses we killed in BC and have them become followers and have it make sense, then they can have Kanrethad becoming a follower make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

really tess for rogue follower?
    damn, i literally destroyed her nation.
    give me my loved belmont, not that shitty human <.<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    really tess for rogue follower?
    damn, i literally destroyed her nation.
    give me my loved belmont, not that shitty human <.<
    Check further replies, people saying that it is faction specific. Filthy greenskins get Lillian Voss.

Sargeras will be the final boss, but you wont really end him. They said they like the idea of making the enemy last through expansions. Kind of like garrosh > Wod and Guldan to Legion. So Sargeras > Nzoth expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Check further replies, people saying that it is faction specific. Filthy greenskins get Lillian Voss.
    good, from an enemy to a neutral character... yay...

poor belmont, best and most succesfull rogue in wow history and he is relegated to drink in the hall....
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2017-01-22 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    what the story behind Naisha, never came across her or didn't notice her. Something specific to a class campaign ?
    She was a supporting character in the night elf campaign of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. She was Maiev's second-in-command and the two were very close, either friends or lovers, outside their professional relationship. She was trapped in the Tomb of Sargeras when the Watchers followed Illidan there, and as it began collapsing, Naisha urged Maiev onward, furthering Maiev's downward spiral into obsession and apparently dying in the process.

From the looks of things, Naisha and the other Watchers that got stuck with her weren't killed, but corrupted somehow. My guess is the intervening years involved breaking them to the Legion's will and Maiev will be a participating NPC in that fight, because if there's one thing the story likes more than orcs it's putting Maiev through absolute hell.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    what in the actual fuck is wrong with the sunreavers....
    What in the actual fuck is wrong with Blizzard. They could be original and don't reuse the "blame the Horde for everything" theme >.<

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    citation needed
    Citation granted. I'll repeat, they have no idea what to do with Archi yet and it seems this is because; it's not properly explained in game that they die in the Nether only and not everyone saw Mythic phase.

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-01-22 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Citation granted. I'll repeat, they have no idea what to do with Archi yet and it seems this is because; it's not properly explained in game that they die in the Nether only and not everyone saw Mythic phase.

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)
    Man, in tomb of sargeras part 4 of the audio book, Kil'jaeden state for the incompetence of Gul'dan, Archimonde was killed and he is a debt with the legion also the destro questline of artifact Guldan himself call you the slayer of the defiler, and in others class halls talk about this accomplishment like the dwarf in the paladin hall and the naaru of the priest hall

I'm digging the Reliquary of Souls looking dude
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Man, in tomb of sargeras part 4 of the audio book, Kil'jaeden state for the incompetence of Gul'dan, Archimonde was killed and he is a debt with the legion also the destro questline of artifact Guldan himself call you the slayer of the defiler, and in others class halls talk about this accomplishment like the dwarf in the paladin hall and the naaru of the priest hall
    That Achimonde stuff is from 2015 though where they were thinking about changing it still. They had basically a year until legion launched to change it, so it seems pretty confirmed if there are questlines in legion that basically confirm that he was killed for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    some followers are a bit meh, another nelf pally? woulda, as a belf, prefered Yrel show up or even a dwarf. Maybe Yrel in 7.3. Or like Thrall or Jarod. Though they will probably be around in quests.
    Also kinda hoping that our garrison champs would just show up in Dalaran or our order halls.

Digging the lock and Warr and mage ones.
    Yeah I am kinda iffy about some of the Followers too.

Well if you Horde and a Warrior you get Eitrigg and then same thing for Rogues in which Lillian Voss is the Horde Follower. :l
    Aethas as a Mage Follower is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Aethas is basically a stupid kid that idolizes the kirin tor over his own kingdom, if only Rommath took his place in Dalaran.
    He should be a outcast...
    Not trying to help his people at all.

Some type of elite Succbus...Could be a Queen of Suffering.
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/602667.jpg
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-01-22 at 07:26 AM.
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    That Achimonde stuff is from 2015 though where they were thinking about changing it still. They had basically a year until legion launched to change it, so it seems pretty confirmed if there are questlines in legion that basically confirm that he was killed for real.
    Just sayin', but having quests texts state you killed Archimonde does not mean anything at all. Many quests refer to us having killed certain demons before, yet they are all back, fighting against us even now.

If they actually killed him off as well, it would be yet another disaster for them, putting VERY IMPORTANT LORE INFO in mythic only once again. I like to think they learned their lesson after the Cho'Gall fudge up from earlier in WoD.

That said, i do not think he died properly, but i do not think we will fight him again. His next and proper death will be at the hands of a named lore figure.